Travel Safely and Comfortably with a Charter Bus in Enfield, CT
Take a Ride through Enfield’s Unique Museums, Recreational Parks and Historical Landmarks
Although the city of Enfield was once a powerhouse in producing carpet and gunpowder in the region, it was home to the country’s largest plastic toy building manufacturer, LEGO and is also the place chosen for the headquarters of Hallmark Cards. Both were the city’s biggest employers over a long period of time and helped develop the city as a whole during its early stages of development. It has come a long way since its beginnings and thanks to its proximity to Hartford, Connecticut, many attractions and historical landmarks are only a short drive away in a charter bus.
There is, as it is, an endless number of things to do when one is visiting Enfield. You can have a full day of laser tag fun at Skater City, bring the kids out for a field trip at Springfield Science Museum, organize a group tour at Polish Center of Discovery and Learning to learn about the history and contributions of the Polish community in Enfield, catch the stellar performances at Paramount Theater or learn about the region’s conservation efforts at Forest Park.
US Coachways is one of the nation’s leading ground transportation companies and we provide bus rental services for events like birthdays, wedding receptions, bachelor and bachelorette parties, church retreats, school field trips, campaigns, tours, road shows and other small and large events alike. Give us a call to find out how we can help you find the right charter bus, party bus, mini bus, school bus, limousine or other types of exotic vehicles for your events in Enfield, Connecticut and most major cities in the United States.
Things to do when Visiting Enfield’s Top Tourist Attractions
There is no end as to what you can do in Enfield, whether you are an art lover, enjoy sports and outdoors or love history, these intriguing tourist attractions and historical points of interest are here for you to explore and enjoy.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Whether you are visiting the city with your friends, in a tour group or with your family members, there are lots of recreational centers and entertainment outlets for everyone in Enfield. For instance, you can make use of the roller-blading, laser tag, mini golfing and video game facilities at Skater City or catch the latest Hollywood movie at Rave Movie Theater Enfield 12, Cinemark-Enfield 12, Hoyts Cinemas which has a special CineArts program or Parkade Cinemas and Entertainment which also has event venues for birthday parties, corporate events and social gatherings. Six Flags New England in Agawam is a sure winner with teenagers and kids alike; it features both thrill rides and family-friendly kiddie rides along with LIVE entertainment during special events. You can also organize a field trip out to Springfield Science Museum which features a range of exhibits about natural and physical science as well as special sections about astronomy. For some physical activities, check out Stone Age Rock Gym which has a spacious 4,500 square feet worth of climbing walls or you can go bowling with your friends at AMF Chicopee Lanes. For younger children, consider bringing the charter bus to Big Adventures in Westfield which features challenges like cargo nets, ball pits, ropes, arcade games and slides. Amelia Park Children’s Museum is where you can find fun educational activities like Doctor’s office, playground, mock banks, crafts rooms and other visiting exhibits.
- Art & Culture — Organize a night out at Paramount Theater which is a historical theater introduced in 1926; it features world renowned productions all year round. It was formerly known as both The Hippodrome and Sanderson Theater. There are also concerts, musicals, comedy acts, magic shows and other fun entertainment at City Stage in downtown Springfield and also a large rental space for group events. Bring the kids out and spend some time learning about Polish culture at Polish Center of Discovery and Learning in Chicopee or bring the kids out for an enlightening experience at Hartford Stage Company. There are also professional off-Broadway performances to check out at TheaterWorks as well as costume and venue rental. There are approximately more than 200 performances being hosted at this regionally-popular theater.
- Restaurant & Shopping — While there are countless charming retail outlets to choose from in downtown Enfield, you can never go wrong by visiting Target and Kohl’s on Elm Street, Costco on Freshwater Boulevard or Marshall’s along Hazard Avenue. Enfield Square is where you can find a number of quaint gift shops, clothing stores, restaurants, cafes and coffee outlets while Old Navy is a department store on Hazard Avenue Ste 5 featuring some unique retail outlets and bargain buys. Visitors can also shop for cute baby and children’s clothing and accessories at Once Upon a Child and designer shoes at Bob’s Stores. After all that shopping, grab a plate of sandwich, salad or soup from an eatery like Hot Table, authentic Mexican food from Sarapes Restaurant, sit down for juicy steaks at LongHorn Steakhouse, grab a quick waffle or fresh omelet at Molina’s Cafe, delicious seafood from Cold Harbor Seafood and Market, hot-out-of-the-oven pizza at Buona Vita Bar and Grille, dig into authentic Italian dishes at Olive Garden Italian Restaurant or savor the countless mouth-watering Chinese cuisine from Peking Restaurant. If you have a birthday, bachelor or bachelorette party, check out Chicago Sam’s Sports Bar and Grille instead.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – There are a number of attractions to choose from if you are an avid golfer. For instance, come enjoy the challenging and scenic course at Grassmere Country Club or head out to Pleasant View Golf Park which is located on the southern part of the city. The latter attraction has a multi-station driving range with 70 practice tees too. Guests can also do some ice-skating at Amelia Park Ice Arena or Fitzpatrick Skating Rink in Holyoke and practice their batting at the batting cages at The Batters Box.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Want to learn about the city’s growth, history and culture? The place to visit is Enfield Historical Society which runs Old Town Hall Museum, the wallop School Museum and the Martha A. Parsons House Museum. Take your students or fellow travelers to Oliver Ellsworth Homestead if you want to explore some historic preservation artifacts and archived materials which were used to study and interpret the importance of the Ellsworth Family to the city. For those who are interested in sports, basketball in particular, this is the golden opportunity to check out the Basketball Hall of Fame in downtown Springfield or you can pay a visit to Springfield College, which is a charming landmark location for the region. Head over to Titanic Museum which is dedicated to RMS Titanic or learn about what life was like in New England in the 18th and 19th century from Storrowton Village Museum and if you have young kids, bring them for a fun visit to Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden. Other important historical landmarks to explore are Vintage Radio and Communications Museum of Connecticut, Pan African Historical Museum, Springfield Armory National Historic Site, Luddy-Taylor Connecticut Valley Tobacco Museum or Old State House in Hartford.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Visitors will also get the chance to go boating at Kings Island Boat Launch along Connecticut River, play some basketball or tennis, enjoy the rose garden, water park and intimate zoo at Forest Park. Outdoor lovers can also opt to go kayaking at Rainbow Reservoir or Bissel Bridge Boat Launch, or enjoy an outdoor concert in a comfortable atmosphere at Northwest Park, have a picnic at Blunt Park. Wickham Park is a must if you love gardens of different styles and eras, namely English, Scottish, Asian and Italian gardens. Case Mountain offers visitors the chance to mountain-climb, cycle, jog, hike and walk all year round.
US Coachways’ Professional, Reliable and Affordable Charter Bus Rental Services in Enfield, CT
US Coachways has decades of experience in providing our customers with reliable and professional bus booking services, hence, when our customers book a charter bus through us, they know that they are getting value-for-money services. To find out more, give us a call right now by calling 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or contact us via our online quote request form and we will get back to you via email with a quick quote.