Modern, Safe and Budget-Friendly Bus for your Trip to Fairfield, CT
Discovering a World of Hidden Gems, Historical Districts and Art Galleries in Fairfield, CT
There is a very good reason why Money Magazine, in 2006, decided to rank Fairfield as the ninth ‘best place to live in’ in the United States...the city consist of serene neighborhoods with many well-maintained halls, historical sites, parks and amenities in the Northeast. It also boasts of an amazing array of art and cultural attractions as well as entertainment and recreational centers in and around the city.
Some of the most important historical landmarks in Fairfield include the Bronson Windmill, David Ogden House, Connecticut Audubon Society Birdcraft Museum and Sanctuary, Fairfield Historic District, Greenfield Hill Historic District, Fairfield Railroad Stations, Southport Historic District and Railroad Stations and Pine Creek Park Bridge, just to name a few. There is always the Regina A. Quick Center for the Arts and the famous Bellarmine Museum of Art for all of you art lovers out there, and also South Benson Marina, Long Island Sound beach, SportsPlex and Lake Mohegan for outdoor lovers.
As you can see, there are so many venues and attractions where you can have your own fun travel experience which also are available for weddings, birthday parties, corporate functions, church outings, field trips, bachelor or bachelorette parties, baby showers, summer camps, road shows and other official promotional events. Give US Coachways a call or email us if you are out hunting for a company that can provide you with a charter bus, party bus, mini bus, school bus, limousine, tour bus and modern exotic vehicles for your event. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Things to do and Attractions to Check out in Fairfield, CT
In our effort to help our charter bus rental customers make the most of their time in Fairfield, we have compiled a short list of our favorite things to do and historical points of interest to visit in Fairfield. Read on to find out more about them!
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Any day is a good day to bring the kids out to Carabiner’s Indoor Climbing gym which is a well-maintained facility with professional trainers ready to help visitors enjoy themselves safely. There are also cardio and weight machines for you to make use of when you are done with climbing. An alternative would be Rockin’ Jump, a popular trampoline park in Trumbull. It encourages visitors to engage in different styles of exercises which includes freestyle jumping, dodge ball, basketball and it caters to group gatherings and birthday parties too. Located not too far away from Fairfield is The Adventure Park at Discovery Museum; it combines both learning and teamwork at the same time, and a fantastic place for team-building exercises as well as solo activities like hiking and rope courses. This attraction also has an indoor interactive science center with hands-on activities that comes complete with a large planetarium. For a simple night out with your friends, head over to Bow Tie Cinemas Royale 6 or Garden Cinemas, both in Norwalk, for the latest film or indie project. Both facilities showcases the latest first-run feature films with digital projection and cool surround sound systems.
- Art & Cultural — There is a surprisingly vibrant art and cultural scene in Fairfield and its surrounding communities. You can catch the locals in action at Fairfield Theater Company; it is an intimate community theater but the setting provides for a very up-close-and-personal experience for performers and audiences alike. Most people have said that it felt like they were catching a LIVE performance in their own living room. The Ballarmine Museum of Art is located in Fairfield University in a large, stunning Gothic style mansion. There are permanent and visiting exhibits for everyone to enjoy but don’t forget to check out the early Greek sculpture sets and exhibits from Acropolis and Athens. The Ridgefield Playhouse plays hosts to countless concerts, musicals, dramas, plays, recitals and other important shows all year round. Sometimes, there are movies screenings, as well as weddings, festivals and corporate meetings around its venue too. There are also very interesting exhibits and workshops you can check out at Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum. Another alternative would be the frequent outreach programs and theater work from the non-profit Westport Country Playhouse. Don’t miss the chance to catch the student productions from Music Theater of Connecticut where there are annual productions, sometimes featuring famed professionals from other cities like New York City.
- Restaurant & Shopping — You can easily find convenient and charming retail outlets all around Fairfield’s city center and it includes cute stores like Fairfield Cheese Company which has unique crackers, cheeses, olives and other healthy condiments. You can even get them as gifts for your friends back home! Visitors can also shop for fashionable outfits and accessories from outlets like Capri Clothing, arts and crafts like unique silk-screened t-shirts and pottery from The Studio, games and unique toys from Hobby Town USA and bargain buys at BJ’s Wholesale Club. Complete the whole shopping spree with a good bowl of ramen soup from Mecha Noodle Bar, traditional American meal with a ice cold drink at Craft 260, grab some Italian pizza from Brick and Wood, steamed mussels and fish tacos from Lobster Post, a simple but delicious bacon egg and cheese sandwich from Country Cow Deli or dig into some scrumptious steak at Micheal Gennaro’s Steakhouse.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Be it tennis, golf or swimming, there are countless sports venues for visitors to choose from. The Tennis Club of Trumbull has state-of-the-art tennis courts and childcare services for preschoolers and Next Dimension Gymnastics offer cool, affordable gymnastics classes for children; the facilities comes with foam pit, bars and mats for all kinds of challenges. Longshore Tennis Courts is located near Saugatuck River so, you can check out this scenic attraction which caters to parties, corporate and private events alike. Try organizing a field trip to Trumbull Racquet Club’s indoor tennis facility as well as tennis lessons for all.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Fairfield Museum and History Center has an excellent collection of permanent and temporary exhibits that lets visitors learn about the region’s rich history and culture; learning about the fun facts is like a walk down memory lane. It is easy to lose oneself to the wealth of information, spending a few hours touring the facility. The Military Museum of Southern New England has a broad array of exhibits that preserves and honors the country’s military history; an excellent gem for visitors who are interested in history and military enthusiasts. Fairfield’s City Hall is not just another history site registered with the National Register of Historic Places; the beautiful building was once used as an administrative office and then turned into a gorgeous museum.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Jennings Beach is clean, family-friendly and provides locals and visitors with a safe and fun environment to play in. But if you prefer a day-out with lovely farm animals, head on over to Rowanwood Farm instead. There are mini Llamas and goats to play with as well as hiking trails that runs into the forests and gorgeous vineyards. Ballard Park, located in Ridgefield, is a 5-acre attraction in the heart of a serene neighborhood that features parties, events and gazebos for gatherings. If you are looking for an attraction that teaches visitors about local sustainable ecology, ethical agriculture and wildlife preservation efforts, check out Earthplace which has summer camps, after-school programs and preschool outreach campaigns. It is even better if you have the time to join their volunteer efforts. Sharwood Island State Park is a 235-acre park with lush grassland, art gallery and, of course, stunning beachside facilities you can take advantage of when the weather permits but for some paddleboarding, kayaking, canoeing and even yoga classes, the place to be is Westport’s Downunder. There is also tons of fun to be had when you go for some horseback riding or learn about these charming animals in their own natural environment at Starbuck Equestrian.
You are Only a Phone Call or an Email Away from an Affordable Charter Bus Package
Using US Coachways’ bus rental service in Fairfield, CT, can save you time, money and effort. Let us help you find the most budget-friendly, safe, modern and incredibly comfortable ground transportation for your event in Fairfield. Make use of our state-of-the-art online bus reservation system, speak to our customer service consultants by calling 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or let us send you an email when you complete this contact us form on our website.