Travel and Tour Glen Burnie’s Attractions in a Comfortable Charter Bus
Fulfilling Fun at City’s Popular Parks, Malls, Historical Sites and Shopping District
Glen Burnie is home to a host of historical buildings which were built before the city was incorporated which includes the First Avenue Elementary School, St. Alban’s Episcopal, Marley Station, Empire Towers, Crain Towers, Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Harundale Mall, just to name a few. You can take some time exploring some remaining historical sites around the city which were designed and constructed during the days of the city’s fathers. Glen Burnie is made out of communities like Southgate, Glen Burnie Park, Point Pleasant, Marley, Harundale, Fox Chase, Tanyard Springs and more. There is charming and unique side to each of these communities and you can take the charter bus around each of them and see them for yourself.
Glen Burnie also presents visitors with countless tourist attractions and if you can’t find them in the city, many others are just a short drive away. If you are visiting Glen Burnie for the first time, try to make time for Wicked Woods which will give you a frighteningly fun time, splurge on shopping and fine dining in the city’s metropolis, have a swim at North Arudel Aquatic Center when the weather permits or organize a day trip out to Fort McHenry National Monument in downtown Baltimore with a charter bus.
US Coachways is a leading charter bus rental company in and around most major cities around the country and we are capable of providing reliable charter bus, coach charter, motor coach, mini bus, school bus, party bus, limousines for proms and weddings and other luxurious vehicles for your event in Glen Burnie and its surrounding communities. We cater to Maryland events like weddings, prom nights, corporate functions, business meetings, school field trips, summer camps, church outings, birthday parties and more.
Take the Time to Explore the Best Glen Burnie has to Offer
If you are trying to put together an itinerary for your trip to Glen Burnie, let our well-traveled writers help by making some suggestions about what Glen Burnie’s best points of interest are. We hope these suggestions can help make your visit a more memorable one.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — If you are looking for some fun and games with the kids on a great weekend afternoon, bring the rented charter bus to Wicked Woods. Located on Dorsey Road, Wicked Woods has quite a number of recreational activities for everyone to enjoy - Edals Valley Asylum, Syngaro’s Sinister Circus and the Wee Kids Maze. While young kids may not enjoy the Syngaro’s Sinister Circus, all the other attractions are kid-friendly. In fact, for the locals, the best time to visit Wicked Woods is during Halloween. Wicked Woods has been providing visitors, locals and tourists with frightening fun since 1998. You don’t need a large attraction to have loads of fun with your family and friends during the vacation. You can learn new dance moves from the professionals at Takeover Dance and Dance Explosion or check out what is showing at Glen Burnie’s Movies at Marley Station. Looking for a romantic night out with a special someone? Why not reserve a table at Medieval Times Maryland Castle located at Arundel Mills Circle for a full-filling medieval-style dinner. While visitors are enjoying their full-course meal, they are entertained by sword-fighting and jousting at the main stage.
- Restaurant & Shopping — When it comes to dining out, there is no shortage in number of restaurants you can eat at during your trip. For instance, take the party bus out for good barbecue at Mission BBQ, entice your palate and senses at Little India Cafe, try out authentic Italian food at Arturo's Trattoria or sample some local fanfare offered by The Grill at Quarterfield Station. Mi Pueblo Mexican Restaurant is famous for their Mexican-style grills and East Moon Asian Bsitro is where the locals head to when they are craving for Chinese dishes and freshly made sushi.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – When the weather permits, you can organize a group trip to a fun place like Glen Burnie’s North Arudel Aquatic Center along Crain Highway for a swim. This recreational facility has two swimming pools to offer, an 8-lane competition pool and a smaller leisure pool. Other amenities you can enjoy are slides (134-foot high), splash down area, water bucket, a smaller kid-friendly water slide, vortex area and spa. Located less than 15 minutes drive away from downtown Glen Burnie is Joe Cannon Stadium at Harmans Park. You can either take a seat in the audience area and watch a game or have a hand at competitive baseball games which are suitable for teenagers and adults alike. It provides modern facilities like electronic scoreboard and batting cages. If you get hungry in the middle of the game, worry not, there is a concession stand within its vicinity, providing visitors and participants with good food and drinks. There are more fun recreational facilities around Glen Burnie. One of them would be Terrapin Adventures located approximately 20 minutes drive away in Savage, MD. It is a rock climbing gym suitable for people of all ages, including your little ones.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Harundale Mall in downtown Glen Burnie was the first indoor shopping center to be called a ‘mall’ in the United States. There is much history behind this mall that most would consider this a historical attraction instead of a shopping mall. The mall was first built by James Rouse who had a hand in planning Columbia. MD. In the 1990s, it suffered decline because of a change in demographics and emergence of other retail outlets. Thanks to active support from local communities, it was redeveloped and revamped and reintroduced as Harundale Plaza, a long strip of shopping center in the middle of Glen Burnie. One of the most important historical landmarks in the state of Maryland is the Fort McHenry National Monument located in downtown Baltimore, approximately 20 minutes drive away in the charter bus. There are group guided tours available but you may need to book the guide ahead of time. On top of learning about this iconic landmark, visitors will also get to see fortresses and canons while enjoying a scenic view.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — If you are looking for a spacious park with playground facilities in Glen Burnie, bring the charter bus around to Friendship Park. It provides access to the popular BWI trail and is located a stone’s throw away from an airport. Be sure to check out the park’s observation deck where visitors will get to watch planes taking off and landing. If Friendship Park is a little busy, try bringing the charter bus to Sawmill Creek Park on Dorsey Road for a fun time outside with the kids. The park has much to offer in terms of wide open space, baseball, basketball, tennis courts as well as soccer fields, skate park, playground, a nice walking trail, picnicking and fishing spots. Other alternative parks within its vicinity are Cedar-Morris Hill Park, Severn/Danza Park and Highpoint Park. All the parks mentioned makes a good spot for recreational activities for families and friends.
Save Time, Money and Effort when you Use US Coachways’ Bus Rental Services
US Coachways makes renting a charter bus in Glen Burnie an absolute breeze. There are more ways than one to reserve a bus from us - call our customer service agents at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER as they are available 24/7, use our one-of-a-kind online bus reservation service or get a cost estimate via email by completing the Contact Us form on our website.