Take your Time Cruising around Goose Creek, SC, in your Comfortable Charter Bus
Any Time is a Good Time to Make a Trip to Goose Creek’s Gardens, Bowling Alleys or Water Theme Parks
There are very good reasons why Goose Creek, SC, was ranked the best place to raise young children in South Carolina as ranked by Newsweek - the city is one of the safest in the region, has a large number of public spaces for young children to enjoy, parks for families and a thriving business and retail sector. The city is also known for being home to the Naval Weapons Station Charleston. The city, however, had a very humble start and very early on, settled by groups referred to as ‘Goose Creek men’. They grew roots a few miles off of Goose Creek stream which is a tributary of the Cooper River. The city thrived in the Indian and deerskin trade, almost dominating the early industry of the region. A part of the city became a part of some of United States military branches and it started during the Cold War whereby the Naval Base in the city became the third largest homeport with more than 80 ships and submarines. The Charleston Naval Shipyard houses and repairs frigates, destroyers, cruisers and submarines. In 2012, the Air Force base and Naval Weapons Station combined with Joint Base Charleston and today, the 20,000 acres base supports nearly 80,000 airmen, sailors, marines, soldiers, coast guardsmen and DOD civilians, including retirees and Veterans.
Despite the fact that Goose Creek has a very rich military history, let’s not forget that there are very good reasons why it is a fantastic place for a vacation or a city to raise children. Visitors will get to enjoy indoor and outdoor attractions like a fun water theme park like Whirlin’ Waters Adventure Park or indoor play areas, go-karting arena and laser tag facilities at Frankie’s Fun Park, a bowling night-out with your family and friends at Marrington Lanes and a few rounds of golf at the beautiful The Crowfield Golf and Country Club. The North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center is a popular place for the hosting of sports programs, baseball games and concert series alike and a trip to the educational North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum and Educational Center with the kids will prove to be a fun and unforgettable one. For outdoor activities, you can hike your way up The Wannamaker North Trail or take wonderful photographs around Cypress Gardens.
US Coachways, in the meantime, is ready to help connect you with the best-priced charter buses, mini buses, school buses, party buses, limousines, coaches, vans, corporate cars and exotic vehicles for events like wedding receptions, birthday parties, bar crawls, exhibitions, fundraisers, promotional event, road show, bachelor or bachelorette parties, prom nights and countless other group events. Let’s get started with a phone call or email to our friendly customer service representatives right now!
Save Time, Money and Effort with our Tips, Tricks, Suggestions and Advice Below
There are ways to make the most of just about any trip and a trip to Goose Creek, SC, is no different. All you need is a short summary of all the important landmarks and points of interest that you might be interested in and you are ready to have the time of your life in this charming little South Carolina city, Goose Creek.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — One of the best things about visiting a city like Goose Creek is that everything, including amusement centers and theme parks, are a short drive away, never too far from the city center. When the weather is hot, cool down and splash around the Whirlin’ Waters Adventure Park in North Charleston. It is one of the largest water parks in the region and its attractions includes water slides, wave pool, tube river, kiddie splash pool and thrill rides. Glozone Fun Center, in the meantime, is a popular attraction for families, especially teens and young children. Guests will get to enjoy the indoor laser tag arena with modern sound system, fog and obstacles and for even more fun, drop by the mini golf course for a few rounds of fun with family and friends. You can also bring the charter bus for a fun day-out with school-going children playing with the batting cages, laser tag arena, putt-putt course, bumper cars and video arcade at Frankie’s Fun Park, go bowling, skating or play a few rounds of pool at Music in Motion Family Fun Center or Royal Lanes Family Entertainment Center. If there’s a birthday party for young children to plan, the best place to have it in Monkey Joe’s. They offer party packages as well as walk-in jump sessions at its trampoline park and bounce houses. There are gymnastic lessons at Rolly Pollies, league bowling and tournament at Marrington Lanes and snack bar and lounge area for bowling patrons at Sandpiper Lanes. Of course, if you prefer a quieter time with your loved ones, check out the latest first-run movies showing at Northwoods Stadium Cinema instead.
- Restaurant & Shopping — The city’s downtown city center is bursting with colors, scents, lights, friendly people and of course, many different kinds of enticing cuisine. Whether you are a fan of Japanese food, Cuban flavors or traditional American food like BBQ, it is all here for you to enjoy. You can have a birthday dinner at a Traditional American restaurant like Sunrise Bistro, try some Puerto Rican and Cuban sandwiches at Tropical Kitchen Express, dig into juicy traditional burgers, pulled pork and buffalo chicken at TJ’s BBQ and Burgers, savor freshly-made sushi and crunchy california roll at Sushi 101, enjoy dinner with your colleagues at the warm and charming Three Little Pigs Bar B Q, sink your teeth into traditional cheesesteaks and fries at Philly Cheesesteak or wait for the meat-lover’s pizza at Mike’s Pizza. Once you’re all filled up, maybe it is time for some shopping at Tanger Outlets Charleston and to end the night, make some new friends at a local brewery like Frothy Beard Brewing Company in downtown North Charleston.
- Golf & Sports — If you have golfers in your group, you are in luck! Not only do you have a large number of golf courses to choose from, some of the them ranks highly with many golfers and organizations. The Crowfield Golf and Country Club seems to be one of the top golf courses in the region, featuring a challenging course in a relaxed atmosphere, giving golfers the chance to tackle the course while enjoying the serene view or you can bring the charter bus to Coosaw Creek which also has playground, basketball and tennis courts, pool and venue for private parties and seasonal events. As the name suggests, The Golf Club at Wescott Plantation is built on a former plantation and there is a 9-hole golf course with a full service restaurant, bar and entertainment at the clubhouse. Not only is the North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center used for all types of sporting events all year round, it plays hosts of world class art programs, entertainment, concerts and it is home to the Charleston Pops! Orchestra.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — As one of the world’s oldest surviving submarines, we are sure there’s lots to learn at H.L. Hunley Submarine. The submarine was actively used by the Confederate soldiers during the country’s civil war and today, it is offers fun educational programs and tours for people of all ages. Students are often intrigued with their trip to the North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum and Educational Center; it is a dedication to the history of the country’s firefighting and features works of the unsung heroes; it is open to be public and extremely popular with schools and scouting groups. You can also visit the Colonial Dorchester State Historic Site to learn about the region’s earliest histories and early colonization efforts and there is also a site where visitors will get the chance to take pictures of the remains of Dorchester city. Most would agree that a trip to Middleton Place is eye-opening and memorable - you will get to learn about the country's oldest sculptured gardens which is located on the historic Rice Mill Pond and much of the former palatine residence, Drayton Hall, have been restored and maintained so, your visit to the site is sure to be like a walk down memory lane. It retains its original structure and appearance despite the fact that it was built before the Revolutionary War and was actively used. The Summerville Dorchester Museum is housed in a former police building along Doty Avenue. It honors and educates people about the history of Dorchester County in a fun and fulfilling way - and to make it even better, there are seasonal and community events held at this attraction throughout the year.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — If you enjoy the outdoors and biking, we are pretty sure you are going to have a splendid time biking up and down more than 13 miles of trails at Marrington Plantation Bike Trail; there are challenges like twists and turns at almost every corner and some parts of the trail are made for walking and hiking. The Wannamaker North Trail measures up to nearly 8 miles in length and is said to be quite challenging too and there’s a nice park with woodlands and wetlands for activities like boating, picnics, volleyballs and horseshoe games. If hiking is not your cup of tea, contact Quality Time Outdoors or Down South Fishing for the countless fishing tours, eco-tours, shelling and crabbing activities. Visitors ought to also check out the training circles, professional baseball facilities, children’s playground, amphitheater and walking trails at Wescott Park or organize a field trip to Cypress Gardens which has been open to families since 1931. This historic outdoor location is completely natural, with swamplands and miles upon miles of natural environment to hike around. The Magnolia Plantation and Garden is the region’s biggest formal gardens and the guided tours will take visitors around the building and garden where you will get to learn about its central role during the civil war.
Top Quality Customer Service, Budget-Friendly Charter Buses and Timely Delivery
US Coachways is one of the country’s leading charter bus rental companies and we have decades of experience in helping our customers find the vehicles that they need for just about any event in most major cities in the United States. If you are looking for the right charter bus for an event in Goose Creek, you have come to the right place. Wait no more and contact us right now to find out more about how you, too, just like our customers, can save time, money and a lot of effort in organizing a group event with our services.