Book an Affordable Charter Bus Rental in Hamden, CT
Taking a Tour around Hamden’s Recreational Centers, Family-Friendly Parks and Historical Landmarks
Once you have visited this charming city in the heart of Connecticut, it is easy to see why it was listed by CNN Money’s list of the country’s best small cities in 2012 and best place to live and launch, noting Hamden’s excellent blend of urban facilities and suburban lifestyle. Exponential growth came to Hamden after Eli Whitney started cotton gin manufacturing in the city because the city has great waterfalls which were used as a source of power. With that in mind, the best place to learn about the city’s early history is Eli Whitney Museum.
There are other structurally-unique landmarks in Hamden and they include the stained glass windows of Town Hall at the heart of Hamden, fountains with stepping stones at Freedom Park and Hamden Plaza’s charming architecture. Regardless of your age and personal preferences, it is easy to find something to do in Hamden which includes bringing the kids out for a fun day playing at Monkey Joe’s, go bowling or have a party at Brunswick Colony Lanes, catch a game from Quinnipiac Bobcats or take a tour around the legendary Yale University and Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History. US Coachways is one of the country’s top charter bus rental companies and we have been providing our customers with professional and reliable charter bus rental services for wedding receptions, birthday parties, corporate functions, social gatherings, business meetings, group tours, promotional events, festivals, church retreats, family vacations and many other types of events. Give us a call to find out more about how we can work closely together to ensure your event in Connecticut goes along as smooth-sailing as possible.
Travel Tips and Ideas about what to do in Hamden, CT
Whether you are here together with your colleagues for a team-building trip or visiting Hamden because of a corporate function, you can find something to do when you are visiting a charming city like Hamden. Here are some of the city’s best tourist attractions and historical points of interest.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — While there are quite a number of attractions in the city of Hamden, one of the best places for young kids include Monkey Joe’s. This attraction features large inflatable structures for young children to have a birthday party or a day out with their families in a safe environment. Other entertainment outlets in the city are Johnson’s Duckpin Lanes and Brunswick Colony Lanes where there are well-maintained bowling facilities for people of all ages to enjoy. Both attractions are suitable for private parties and Brunswick has an area for billiards and video games. If time permits, you can also catch the latest Hollywood films at Criterion Cinemas.
- Art & Culture — The New Haven Symphony Orchestra goes all the way back to 1894 so, you can expect a jaw-dropping performance from them when you visit this nationally-recognized institution. Efforts are continually made to reach out to the public through music and art. So, be sure to catch them in action if you like LIVE performances. There is also a whole world of knowledge contained within the walls of Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, be it historically-significant materials or archived books, maps, letters and research material. If you like classical music and history, bring the charter bus to Yale Repertory Theater where one of the most prominent performers in the United States call home. They offer high quality local performances as well as Broadway musicals. The Shubert Theater was first established in 1969 and it has been showcasing a large number of plays, concerts and musicals throughout the year. Long Wharf Theater in downtown New Haven is known for the far-reaching and important community outreach programs; it would be great if you get the chance to be a part of some of their programs.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Looking for a place to hang out with your friends and experience some local brews and performances? Try organizing a party at The Space. This wonderful and warm attraction has a nice patio for patrons to hang out in when the weather permits. For shopping, we think visitors are going have a ball checking out all the culturally-enriching products available at Little Italy, a must for anyone who loves quaint neighborhoods and Italian food. And of course, when it comes down to one-stop-shops, you can always count on TJ Maxx, Kohl’s on Dixwell Avenue, Marshall’s Department Store and Walmart, located at the heart of Hamden’s shopping and dining district. You will also get bargain buys at Karma Consignment on Whitney Avenue, uniquely local fashion items at Dava and Rumanoff Fine Jewelry and Design and a nice selection of cards, books and souvenirs at Books and Company. Visitors can enjoy all types of different cuisine at many restaurants all around the city center which includes beer and crispy pork belly from Mikro, coconut rice pudding from The Soup Girl, Thai spring rolls and tofu with peanut sauce from Bangkok Boulevard, a nice mix of Japanese and Chinese cuisine from JaSa Asian Cuisine and fresh oysters and deviled eggs from Park Central Tavern.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Want to catch the Quinnipiac Bobcats in action? The place to be at is Quinnipiac University TD Bak Sports Center in downtown Hamden. Check out this attraction’s first floor where there is also a large indoor ice-skating rink. If swimming is what you like, organize a church outing or school field trip to Wallingford Community Pool instead.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — One of the most unique historical landmarks in Hamden is Ireland’s Great Hunger Museum where visitors will get an inside look at a completely different period of time. Take the guided tour, which typically takes slightly more than an hour, to see videos, sculptures, cartoons, articles and slides of some of the most interesting artwork. Eli Whitney Museum is focused on bringing science-based programs that helps children learn through ideas, discussions and interpretations of science and the world. It caters to birthday parties and social gatherings too. Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History has one of the most comprehensive collection of exhibits regarding natural sciences in Connecticut which includes geological discoveries like fossils and gems. New Haven Museum is considered by many as a historical attraction simply because it opened its doors in 1862. Come check out its exhibits related to fine arts, maritime history and industrial artifacts. Of course, do not miss the chance to take the charter bus to visit the legendary Yale University in New Haven or take a trip to Shore Line Trolley Museum, a one-of-a-kind museum with rides along a restored trolley. Visiting the Ward-Heitmann House Museum in West Haven will take you for a walk down memory lane as you learn about what life was like in the 18th
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — While there are many parks in and around Hamden, we think having an outing in Sleeping Giant State Park is a must. It is a place for leisurely walks, hikes and if you are a health enthusiast, check out the challenging Tower Trail. There is a stunning view from the top of West Rock Ridge State Park and it is home to many small animals for visitors to meet. Farmington Canal State Park is a popular year-round bike-riding destination while you can enjoy some horseback riding and polo games at Giant Valley Polo Farm. Brooksdale Park has hiking amenities as well as picnic facilities and toddler playground area while many would agree that Edgerton Park is a true hidden gem in an old estate. There are trails, fountains and a number of greenhouses. Come enjoy the outdoors while learning about remnants of some old structures at Young’s Pond or have fun at the old carousel at Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven.
- Other Points of Interest — Looking for an adrenaline rush? Book yourself in for a Ghosts of New Haven Walking Tour where the guides will take visitors around to some of the most haunted places in the city. The tour typically takes visitors on a thrilling 90 minute walk around these locations.
US Coachways - Reliable, Professional, Safe and Top Quality Vehicles in Hamden, CT
Renting a charter bus in Hamden, CT, has never been easier. All you need to do is to call our customer care line at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or contact us via our online request form and we will get back to you promptly with a cost estimate.