Traveling in Maryland’s Hyattsville in Complete Comfort and Ease
Discover the Many Different Sides to the Unassuming Hyattsville
Although a small leafy, suburban, sleepy city on its own, there are benefits to being merely a 30 minute drive to Washington D.C., less than an hour away from Baltimore and 35 minutes from Annapolis – you will get to enjoy the great outdoors and being in close proximity to some of Maryland’s biggest and best attractions. It is a great escape from all the hustle and bustle of city life without being too far away from all the excitement.
Hyattsville is also known for being home to one of the country’s best educational organization which is University of Maryland. What really defines Hyattsville is its growing art district and many historical buildings and sites. Many historical buildings are restored, preserved and maintains many of its original structures. Take the charter bus for a tour around these unique sites especially along Farragut Street, Gallatin Street, Hamilton streets and 42nd Avenue.
With a charter bus from US Coachways, visitors can comfortably explore surrounding neighborhoods, especially world class tourist attractions in Washington D.C. and other sites like Suitland Silver Hill, Friendship Village, and Smithsonian National Zoological Park. Hyattsville is also merely 15 minutes away from Lake Artemesia Natural area which is popular for group outings. Start organizing your group event by checking out the party bus, charter bus, mini bus school bus, passenger bus, limousine, large sleeper coach which are suitable for travel, tours, family vacations, church outings, company affairs, corporate functions, exhibitions, festivals, parties, meetings and other similar events.
Hyattsville is All about Historical Buildings, Homes, Structures and Artistic Mansions
Hyattsville is a haven for the architecture, photography, nature and outdoor lover in you. There are enough attractions in its surrounding locations to keep everyone busy and happy. Here are some of Hyattsville’s best points of interest and we hope you include them in your itinerary.
- Art & Cultural — Looking for some performances, art galleries or a place to have an event in Hyattsville? Head on over and check out The Arcade at 4318 Gallatin Street. The site was previously Pinckney Memorial Church which is estimated to be more than 90 years old, the building walls is projected to be at least 125 years old. Over the years, the building was a theater, bowling alley and a shopping mall. After undergoing renovation and a facelift, the attraction is the place to find good entertainment, art galleries, a well-equipped Visitor Center and also facilities and amenities for events, conferences and training.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Although a large part of Hyattsville’s Art District continues to be under development, this $200 million revitalization development project presents local residents and visitors with a 25 acre worth of beautiful real estate, residential area, business district as well as a robust retail area. It is one of the trendsetting development projects that will attract thousands from neighboring cities and communities. Visitors can hop on over to Lustine Center and get completely immersed with the 1950s old showroom which now showcases art galleries, fitness center, billiards area, juice bar, retail outlets, restaurants and more. You will never run out of options as far as dining is concerned because you will have a good mix of choices from Tara Thai to Elevation Burger when hunger rears its head. For more shopping options, check out Riggs Plaza on Eastern Avenue, Chillum Road Shopping Center on Chillum Road, Macy's East West Highway, Towers at University Town Center on Belcrest Road, Emma Dollar Store on Hamilton Street and Maxway on Sargent Road.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Looking for something unique to do during your trip to Hyattsville? Organize a group trip at Go Kart Racing in Kenilworth Avenue Bladenburg Maryland which is a merely 5 minutes drive away from the main Hyattsville’s downtown area. It is fun, great for families and you get to bring home exciting memories with you.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Hyattsville is home to some of the most beautiful Victorian houses which were built back in the 1880s in what is now known as the city’s historic district. These historical buildings include Sears bungalows and many arts and crafts houses which was a part of a large arts and craft movement back in the early 1880s littered throughout the city’s communities and close neighborhoods. Take a charter bus tour around these wonderful neighborhoods and begin feeling like you have just taken a ride through another era. The Art and Craft movement was to change the perception that decorative arts was in an impoverished state. A tour around Hyattsville’s Historic District will have visitors visiting some late 19th century-style structures especially along Farragut Street, Gallatin and Hamilton streets right down to 42nd Avenue. Many homes and structures in the city have been included as an American historical building and they include Lewish Holden House, Hyattsville Post Office, W.G. Lown House, Marche House, Hitching post Hill (Ash Hill), Fox's Barn, Professional Building, William Shepherd House, Welsh House, Wheelock House, Poppleton-Roberts House, McEwen House and many more.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Being a mostly residential area and neighborhood which is also largely populated by students, there are many recreational and sports venues in the city of Hyattsville and they include Bubble Bounce for young kids, Prince George's Sports and Learning center on Sheriff Road, Rollingcrest Splash Pool for a splashing good group party and not forgetting Takoma Community Center with 2 large basketball courts, a large athletic field, Olympic-size swimming pool and half a dozen tennis courts.
We Believe in Having a Long Term Relationship with our Customers
US Coachways is a reputable charter bus rental company that believes in forming strong and long-term relationships with our customers. We hope to serve our Hyattsville Maryland customers with the best-priced modern vehicles for their events, festivals, parties and other forms of gathering. Give us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER to speak to our agents or send us an email through our Contact Us form on our website.