Personalized Vehicles to Suit your Traveling Needs in New Britain, CT
Getting to Know Some of the City’s Best Tourist Attractions and Historical Landmarks
New Britain has rightfully earned two of its most popular nicknames and they are ‘Hardware City’ because of its history as home to Stanley Black and Decker and its industrial past and ‘New Britski’ for its large number of Polish residents. So, if you wish to learn about the city, don’t miss the chance to organize a group tour to New Britain Industrial Museum and Polish American Foundation of Connecticut, both popular specialty museums for kids, teens and young children alike. If you like art and culture, head on over to New Britain Youth Museum, which is a part of NBMAA or if you are an adrenaline junkie, you will have incredible fun ziplining at Go Ape Treetop Adventure. For young children, visiting the Flight Trampoline Park would be more apt or if you prefer to do some shopping for unique gifts, souvenirs and locally-made art, the place to visit would be The Center and The Square.
Many of the mentioned specialty museums, art galleries, tourist attractions and parks has event venues that can be used for wedding receptions, birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette parties, church retreats, corporate functions, business meetings, road shows, exhibitions, conferences and other social and promotional activities. US Coachways, in the meantime, offers reliable and professional bus reservation services and our vehicles include modern charter buses, mini buses, school buses, party buses, limousines and exotic vehicles for special occasions. Give us a call to find out more about our budget-friendly promotional packages today!
Here are Some of New Britain’s Top Tourist Attractions and Iconic Landmarks
Part of getting to know a new city is to visit some of its tourist attractions, historical neighborhoods and important points of interest. Here, we have summarized what we think are some of the most charming places to visit in New Britain, CT.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — It is always fun to have an outing like at a place like Flight Trampoline Park where kids and adults alike will get their fill of jumping around the huge trampoline park, making for a great workout for everyone. Or you can head over to Copernican Observatory and Planetarium for an educational and exciting outing where kids and youth will get to use huge telescopes to catch the stars on cloudless nights. The kids can also have an amazing time at Go Ape Treetop Adventure where there are canopy tours, 40 exciting crossings like Half Trapeze, Wobbly Ladder, Tic Tac Toe, Flying Carpet and 5 different ziplines to try out. It will also be fun having a bowling session at Callahan’s Bowl a Rama, solve puzzles to escape a themed room at Adventure Rooms, have a party while painting along with your friends at Muse Paintbar and have a school field trip at The Children’s Museum of Connecticut where there are countless hands-on exhibits and experiments for kids to try out.
- Art & Culture — New Britain Youth Museum, also known as NBMAA has guided tours around its permanent and visiting exhibits. Each painting, photograph and artwork will make you ponder, especially if you get the chance to have a look at Louis Comfort Tiffany paintings and some glass works. The youth section will also leave a lasting memory for visitors. Trinity-on-Main was previously an old historic church, transformed into a fantastic art gallery while Playhouse on Park regularly presents residents and visitors with a nice lineup of programs all year round and it includes musicals, comedies, dramas and other types of entertainment. For more art, please make time to stop by Art Gallery, USJ in West Hartford which features a large collection of splendid artwork from all around the world, especially the early 20th
- Restaurant & Shopping — If you are looking for some shopping, bring the charter bus to The Center and The Square where there are countless charming, quaint and local stores for you to shop at, as well as a nice selection of restaurants, cafes, coffee outlets and bakeries. If, however, you are looking for luxury brands, the place to shop at would be Westfarms and in the meantime, as far as selection and best-priced items goes, Target along Hartford Road, is hard to beat. For arts and crafts and supplies, check out Michaels or if you are hunting for gifts and souvenirs, try Engrave Your Gift for personalized gifts. New Britain has an undeniably vibrant dining scene - you can get Polish dishes like potato pancake at Staropolska, a traditional hot dog and burger from Riley’s Hot Dog and Burger Gourmet, mouth-watering Thai delicacies from Mae Kong Thai Restaurant and crispy pizzas from Town and Country Pizza Restaurant
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – The New Britain Rock Cats always has the backup of its local fans and if you want to catch them in action, we urge you to book a spot at The New Britain Stadium where there are good seatings at an affordable pricing. There is also a nice gift shop and a healthy number of food and drink vendors for everyone.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Many would not hesitate to call the New Britain Industrial Museum a true hidden, historical gem to the city. It is considered one of the city’s pride in preserving the city’s history and highlighting its industrial era. You will get a glimpse into the city’s collection of commercial and consumer appliances over time. If you want to learn more about Polish history in the region, head on over to Polish American Foundation of Connecticut; all year round, there are seminars, talks, tours and community events which aims to promote the community through its art galleries, musical performances, classes and unique lectures. Visitors can also learn from the moving exhibitions and monument at Iwo Jima Survivors Memorial Park or make use of the museum facilities as well as event venue at Noah Webster House.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — There is a wide selection of parks and outdoor recreational centers for everyone to enjoy during their visit to New Britain and amongst the best of them would be Walnut Hill Park. It is a favorite with runners, joggers, hikers, walkers and couples who are looking for a nice place to hang out at. Other amenities available includes tennis and basketball courts. The mood at Mill Pond Park will always light up exponentially whenever there is a festival, especially during July 4th celebrations and year-end festivals. Come feed the ducks, have a walk or let the kids have some fun at the playground or sandbox. The West Hartford Reservoir has been called Connecticut’s version of ‘Central Park’ for a very good reason - you can walk, run, jog, hike or simply come here to take some cool photographs.
Renting a Charter Bus in New Britain is as Easy as 1 - 2 - 3
US Coachways is one of the most reliable charter bus rental companies in the country, servicing most major cities nationwide. Therefore, if you are looking for a ground transportation company in and around New Britain, check out the extensive fleet of charter buses on our website. Speak to our customer service consultants by calling 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or let our staff send you a quick quote over email when you contact us on our website.