Make a Pilgrimage to Plymouth on a Massachusetts Bus Charter
Rent a Bus to See Historic Sites in a Small Seaside Town
Every school child knows the story. The Pilgrims, fleeing religious persecution in England, set off on a perilous sea voyage aboard the Mayflower that ended on Plymouth Rock. What followed, as they say, Is history. Today, Plymouth, an idyllic village set on the calm waters of Plymouth Harbor along Cape Cod Bay, has numerous landmarks that pay homage to those events.
But visitors can also enjoy sandy beaches, take a cruise in search of whales or hit the local shops. Head to Fall River to tour the old navy ships on display at Battleship Cove or explore New Bedford, where Herman Melville found the inspiration to write "Moby Dick."
From party buses to 56-passanger coaches, US Coachways has an extensive fleet of vehicles with luxury amenities. We also offer great bus rates and superior customer service, making us an ideal choice for church groups, community organizations, school trips and team travel as well as special events such as bachelor parties, birthdays and anniversaries. US Coachways offers bus charter rentals to locations throughout Massachusetts, including Cape Cod, the Berkshires and Boston. Our professional and experienced staff is available 24/7 to help with your travel plans.
What To Do In Plymouth, Fall River & More
From the site of the First Thanksgiving to the Fall River house made famous by Lizzie Borden’s dark deeds, Plymouth and nearby towns in southeastern Massachusetts are rich with history. Yet there is more to do and see. Listed below are some the points of interest and attractions that are surely worth a look.
- Arts & Culture — Plymouth may be a small seaside town, but it isn’t without cultural attractions. The Plymouth Center for the Arts is home to both the Plymouth Philharmonic Orchestra and the American Theater Company. View the extensive collection at the Art Complex Museum in nearby Duxbury.
- Restaurants & Shopping — From specialty shops to national chains, Plymouth offers shoppers a myriad of choices. With more than 40 stores and restaurants, Colony Place is the largest outdoor shopping center south of Boston. Village Landing boasts cobblestone paths, clapboard buildings, a winery and a unique collection of specialty shops and restaurants, not to mention a spectacular view of Plymouth Harbor.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Plymouth and the surrounding area have no shortage of golf courses that appeal to a variety of budgets. The Atlantic Country Club was voted “Best Upscale Public Course South of Boston” by the Boston Globe, while Southers Marsh Golf Club was rated as the "Number One Value of All Public Golf Courses in Massachusetts" for each of the past five years.
- Historic Sites & Landmarks — History literally comes alive in Plymouth. Visit Plimoth Plantation, the Mayflower II and the Plimoth Grist Mill for a feel of what settlers faced in the original colony. The actual Plymouth Rock sits on display at Pilgrim Memorial State Park. In Fall River, the house where Lizzie Borden killed her parents is now a bed and breakfast. Have a devil of a time in Marshfield at the Daniel Webster Estate.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Book a whale watching cruise or spend the day on one of Plymouth’s sandy beaches. If you prefer dry land, camp at Myles Standish State Forest in Plymouth or head to Fall River to hike the trails in Copicut Woods.
- Other Points of Interest — Looking for something off the beaten track? The kids will love crawling over the decks of the mightily USS Massachusetts at Battleship Cove, the living history museum in Fall River. Across the street, see authentic railroad cars at the Old Colony & Fall River Railroad Museum. Watch knights battle on horseback from August through October at the annual Richard's Faire.
Why Delay? Book Your Plymouth Bus Charter Now
Whether you’re planning a family vacation or a school trip, our professional account specialists are waiting to assist with you bus rental reservation. Enjoy the ride with US Coachways. Contact us today at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER (1-855-287-2427) for a free quote or to make your reservation.