Traveling and Touring Interesting Attractions in Charming Prattville, AL
Take the Charter Bus to Prattville’s Museums, Historic District and Gorgeous Parks
Apart from being known as the city with many historical and charming markets, Prattville is also nicknamed ‘The Fountain City’ because of the number of artisan wells located all around the city. It is also located in close proximity to Montgomery, making many of the latter’s attractions easily accessible to Prattville visitors. And while there is quite a number of interesting historical sites to visit in Prattville and Montgomery, Daniel Pratt Historic District, Bell House and Buena Vista have been included into the National Register of Historic Places so, they are definitely sites you may want to check out during your trip. To find out more about some of the city’s interesting tourist attractions, a stop to Montgomery Visitors Center is definitely recommended but don’t miss the chance to visit two of the city’s most elaborate markets which are Prattville Picker’s and Flea Market An’Tique Mall. Visitors can also get some exercise done at Autauga Creek Canoe Trail or go on a Alabama River tour on Harriett II.
One of the best ways to get around Alabama and its famous cities is to use a charter bus, especially if you are visiting in a group or have a large event. US Coachways is one of the country’s leading ground transportation companies and we are confident about our ability to find a charter bus, mini bus, school bus, party bus, van, limousine or other exotic vehicles for your events. We cater to weddings, birthday parties, school field trips, church retreats, corporate functions, bachelor or bachelorette parties, business meetings, promotional tours, road shows, group travel and other group events. We hope to hear from you soon.
Discover a Whole Different Side to Prattville in a Charter Bus
There are countless fun and exciting tourist attractions and historical points of interest
in and around Prattville and to make things easier for our customers who are visiting this amazing city for the first time, here is a short summary about the tourist attractions you can find in this gorgeous city.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Carmike Promenande 12 has nice seating, affordable tickets, plush seating as well as a good selection of the latest movies from Hollywood, as well as some foreign and independent films to check out for those who have a few spare hours. You can also head over to Bama Lanes of Prattville for some bowling or hold a gathering or meeting in its private venues, relax at the lounge or play some billiards while you are there.
- Art & Culture — If this is the first time you are visiting either Prattville or Montgomery, make Montgomery Visitors Center your first stop. This attraction is historical in itself, it was built and opened in 1898 and there are lots of information about the city’s attractions and historical sites; watch a short movie that will give you a quick glimpse into what to expect when you visit this charming city. For those who wishes to check out the dance scene in Prattville, bring the charter bus to Center for Performing Arts in downtown Prattville. There is a wide variety of classes on offer so, you can pick from gymnastics, tap, jazz, modern, ballet and classical dance courses and then it’s time to put your dancing shoes on.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Belk is where you want to bring the charter bus around to if you enjoy shopping. Featured in the store are clothing and accessories for women, men, juniors, babies, beauty and fragrance of all brands, shoes, jewelry, watches, home and bed and bath items. You can shop online but nothing beats heading over to check the items out for yourself and also find out what the discount items are in person. For even more shopping, we suggest bringing the charter bus to Prattville Picker’s; this attraction is a little off the beaten path but it will be worth it in the end as you will get to enjoy more than 100,000 square feet of flea market with a wide range of booths selling an assortment of items ranging from collectibles, furniture, toys, jewelry, clothes and food. Another quality flea market in Prattville is the Flea Market an’Tique Mall on East Main Street. There are more than a hundred vendors selling a wide selection of items ranging from antiques to novelty products.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – If you are a golf enthusiasts, visiting Capitol Hill Golf Course would naturally be the highlight of your trip. The course is challenging with its many undulating greens and some courses which were clearly designed for beginner and intermediate level golfers. Some went on to give raving reviews about its strategically laid-out course designs.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — The Pratt Cotton Gin Mill is considered by many as a hidden gem and historical icon for the city. The mill was founded by Daniel Pratt, a respectable business man from New Hampshire and was one of the city’s biggest employers at that point in time and although over the years, it fell into disrepair and neglect, the attraction was purchased by a preservation association and efforts were made to restore it to its original condition. Today, the neighborhood is a nice place to spend the afternoon, taking a relaxing walk around the stores, quaint outlets, restaurants and cafes. If you are looking for a place to learn about local history, visiting the Prattaugan Museum is a must. This humble and intimate museum’s building itself has a long history as it is where the Prattville Dragoons of the country’s Civil War was formed. On top of offering an inside view into the city’s founder, Daniel Pratt, other themed rooms showcases Civil and World wars and the effects it had on the city and the region. Other historical sites to check out includes the Hank Williams Museum, Rosa Parks Library and Museum, Freedom Rides Museum and Old Alabama Town.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — The amenities and green space provided by Pratt Park will make the most grownup of us want to be a kid again. It features a Coca-Cola-funded splash pad project after winning a grant in 2012. You will also get access to Autauga Creek Canoe Trail, a pavilion for picnics and a place to hang out, a duck pond and a spacious playground built by dedicated volunteers from the community. The Autauga Creek, which is a continuous work-in-progress, is the perfect place for families to enjoy kayaking and canoeing, especially during weekends. Cooter’s Pond Park is a safe and well-maintained park provided by the city for the residents to enjoy; the park has a pavilion for picnics and gatherings, a dog park, boat ramp with access to Alabama River, fishing area, grills, walking trail, basketball courts, pine tree grove for kids to play around in. The northern portion of the park is spacious enough for a game of Frisbee and kite-flying and it is an added bonus that the park has a scenic views of the river and the city’s skyline. Wilderness Park is one of the best places in the city to catch the sunrise and sunset and it is also strategically located in the heart of the city. Come enjoy the natural bamboo forest, walk around the clean pathways that loops around the forest and pond and also get ready to get all swept up into a whole new world where the city noise simply gets melted away by the calm of nature. Overlook Memorial Park is on Jay Street and is home to Butch Ray Fragrance Garden. There is also a grassy area and playground for children to play around in, a walking path and pavilion.
- Other Points of Interest — Some of our charter bus rental customers love booking a boat tour on Harriett II which takes visitors out on Alabama River; take your pick from lunch, dinner, blues or educational tours which can also be personalized for special events.
Safe and Budget-Friendly Charter Bus Rental Packages in Prattville from US Coachways
US Coachways is an expert in helping our charter bus rental customers find the perfect ride for their events and ground transportation needs. Be it small or a large event, our customer service representatives are available 24/7 when you call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or have our staff send you a quick quote via email when you complete and submit this Contact Us form on our website. The best bus rental services in Pratville is only a few clicks and a phone call away!