Enjoy Top Quality Charter Buses for your Events in Richmond, IN
Visit Gorgeous Gardens, Educational Museums and Old Historic Theaters in Richmond, IN
Richmond has earned itself many nicknames over the years and it includes ‘Rose City’ for having grown the largest variety of roses to ‘lawnmower capital of the world’ for producing a great number of lawnmowers. Richmond is located within Wayne County and is sometimes referred to as the ‘cradle of recorded jazz’ for being the birthplace of some of the earliest jazz records which were recorded at the studio of Gennett Records. Louis Armstrong was amongst the first few to record at Gennett Recording Studio as a member of King Oliver and his Creole Jazz Band. Many of the early settlers in Richmond were European Americans and families from North Carolina due to a westward migration process after the American Revolution and some of the earliest settlers were families of John Smith and David Hoover. It was also home to Charles Francis Jenkins, an American cinema and television pioneer, who spent his time inventing things in a farm in Richmond. He sold a modified version of the Phantoscope to Thomas Edison who used the technology in New York City vaudeville theaters. Even during its early formative years, it had an intimate opera company and symphony orchestra, the Whitewater Opera which later became the Richmond Symphony Orchestra and was also home to Wayne County Historical Museum and Earlham College’s Joseph Moore Museum, also called the ‘Mummy capital of Indiana’. Visitors will also get to explore and enjoy the magnificence of historical buildings, some of which had been written about in ‘Richmond Indiana: Its Physical Development and Aesthetic Heritage to 1920’, published by Cornell University. It has 5 large historic districts such as Depot District and many of which were listed under the National Register of Historic Places and Historic American Engineering Record. The city also won the All-America City Award twice.
So, when you are in town, US Coachways can help bring your family and friends, comfortably and affordably, for a trip out to Glen Miller Park for a weekend outing, rent a charter bus for a trip to Summit Lake Park for fishing and bird-watching, and then make your way to Land of Illusion for their haunted tours. Music lovers can also make their way to Gennett Walk of Fame to learn about the artist’s works and life, enjoy a shopping spree at National City Second Street Market in Dayton or have a field trip at an attraction like Model T Ford Museum, especially for those who love cars and old automobiles. We strive to bring our customers top quality customer service so that they can focus on what’s important and that is their event, be it a wedding reception, a birthday party, a bachelor or bachelorette party, a corporate function, an exhibition or a school field trip. We cater to most major cities in the United States including Richmond, Indiana. We hope to be a part of your event in the future.
The Best Way to Make the Most of your Time in Richmond is to Plan Ahead
If you are going to be visiting Richmond in the near future, give yourself a few weeks to plan out an itinerary where you list down all the interesting points of interest in and around Richmond that you might want to check out. This will definitely help you make the most of your time in this charming, historic city.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Land of Illusion is a must if you like exciting activities...and in particular, haunted houses! There are 5 of them at this attraction, featuring different stories and themes. Visitors can also enjoy inflatable bounce houses, mini golfing, laser tag and arcade games at Scene 75, spend the day exploring the indoor play maze at Escapades Family Fun Center which also caters to birthday parties or have a glow in the dark mini bowling party or play air hockey at an attraction like Lights Out Putt & Play. There are also open bowling sessions and senior social events at Richmond 40 Bowl and a RealD 3D digital projection theater at AMC Showplace Richmond 11.
- Art & Culture — The Richmond Art Museum in downtown city center is dedicated to advancing art and educational programs for visitors and features local and regional artists amongst its exhibits while visitors will get to enjoy top quality theatrical productions all year round at the beautiful Richmond Civic Theater. If you love music, catch the Richmond Symphony Orchestra in action with beautiful and inspiring classical music played by professional and young aspiring musicians from local schools and college. They call Richmond Civic Theater home. Gennett Walk of Fame can be found along South 1st street in downtown Richmond and it features bronze and mosaic plaques that celebrates the achievements of Gennett as an artist. For some action of your own, you can book a spot for you and your friends at the pottery studio of Paint The Towne. Take your time creating and painting your own plates, vases and cups and take them home with you when they are done.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Visitors who can’t wait to sample great food during their trip to Richmond can head out for some fiery Indian cuisine like shahi korma chicken and kashmiri naan at Gulzar’s, tease your palates with authentic Thai dishes like pad Thai and spicy fried rice at Thai Thara, grab some affordable, juicy burgers and sweet potato pancakes at Main Street Diner, sample unique Vietnamese, traditional American and Chinese cuisine at establishments like Sub n Roll and then sink your teeth to delicious pulled pork and barbeque food at Firehouse BBQ & Blues. For shopping, you can never go wrong with a trip to Depot District where there is a large number of entertainment options, retail outlets and restaurants for a few hours of shopping but if you enjoy antiques and local produce, do check out the National City Second Street Market in Dayton. J&J Winery, in the meantime, is THE place for wood-fired pizza, paninis, and locally-produced wines; the venue has a traveling bar for parties, meetings and weddings.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Wayne County Historical Museum is not just home to one of the oldest mummies in the world (it is said to be more than 3,000 years old), visitors will also get to enjoy a wide selection of dollhouse collections, a 1922 Pilot Speeder for car enthusiasts and historical artifacts related to American and Indiana history. There are also exhibits like English-built town cars, cut-away chassis, touring cars and T-model cars of all types at Model T Ford Museum. Organize a group tour to learn about giant prehistoric mammals, live snakes and an Egyptian mummy at Joseph Moore Museum, explore a restored 1876 Victorian-style mansion of Gaar House Museum which is located along Pleasant View Road, learn from all the memorabilia, sketches and replica of the First Flyer at Wilbur Wright Birthplace and Museum in Hagerstown, enjoy a fun festival or learn about the flower mill of Metamora Grist Mill, and then bring the charter bus to National Model Aviation Museum in Muncie to check out the oldest flying model in the world, which came from Egypt.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — There are countless parks and gardens in Richmond that nature lovers should make time for. For instance, take a stroll around the floral garden or play a round of golf at Glen Miller Park, enjoy the nature trails, playgrounds and volleyball courts at Middlefork Reservoir Park, or bring the charter bus to Summit Lake Park where visitors can enjoy a few hours of fishing and bird-watching. In fact, there are boat launch areas and campsites for weekend outings and quiet escapades. Spanning over 400 acres, Hayes Arboretum is a nature and wildlife area with biking and hiking trails that snakes past forests, streams and ponds. It will bring you closer to local wildlife so, be on a look-out for them. You can also learn about a large variety of roses at Rose Garden along East Main Street, stop by and take pictures of its fountain and gazebo or book the attraction for a wedding reception. Dougherty Orchards is located merely 20 minutes drive away from Richmond city center and makes for a great place for family outings and field trips; it boasts of a petting zoo, features kiddie rides and apple-picking activities.
You can Book your Charter Bus Online, on the Phone and On-the-Go with US Coachways
It matters to us that we grow together with our customers and that is why we have developed ways for you to stay in touch with us, even when you are out of town and need to make urgent changes. It is always easy to contact us as we have a 24/7 phone number, online enquiry form as well as an online bus reservation and management system on our website. We want to be here for you whenever you need us and that is our commitment to you, as our loyal customers. We hope to serve you for your events in Richmond, IN, soon.