A Comfortable, Safe and Professionally-Driven Charter Bus for your Group Tour in South Bend, IN
Check out Antique Vehicles, Beautiful Historic Homes and Family-Friendly Water Parks in South Bend, IN
South Bend is an economic and cultural center of Northern Indiana and is also home to University of Notre Dame. The city was originally home to Native Americans Potawatomi people and later, 19th century fur traders settled along the St. Joseph River, the site which helped shape the state’s mid-20th century economic developments. Thanks to its strategic location, the city became a transit city, thanks to the fact that it has the shortest route from St. Joseph River to Kankakee River over land. South Bend was later developed and incorporated as a city in 1865 and William G. George became its first mayor and the first African-American church was founded and it continues to be active to this very day. In fact, the church celebrated more than a hundred years of service in 2015. The city enjoys a very active sports scene for its local sports team, The South Bend Cubs, a class A minor league affiliate of Chicago Cubs of the Midwest League. There are quite a number of quaint, local festivals and celebrations for visitors to be a part of and it includes various celebrations hosted along St. Joseph River. South Bend makes for a wonderful alternative for those who are looking for event venues for private parties as it is home to gorgeous sites that are available for a comparatively economical rates and in fact, the city is recognized as a top ten cities in the world that is actively using technology to reinvent themselves. Some of the best events you might want to be a part of includes the South Bend Reggae Festival, Annual All Day Country Concert, The World Pulse Festival, South by South Bend and art exhibitions held at the South Bend Museum of Art. You should also check out one of the most unique events in the region - South Bend Roller Girls or go hiking along scenic parks and paved trails around the city.
Whether you have kids with you during your trip, or not, a visit to Potawatomi Zoo is always an eye-opening experience for all. Visitors can also enjoy water-related activities at East Race Waterway, catch an inspiring performance at the world-renowned Morris Performing Arts Center or have a social event around the Queen Anne-styled historic Copshaholm Mansion. If you enjoy golf, we are sure the scenic course at Warren Golf Course (an award-winning course) is going to make your day; if you love automobiles, be sure to check out the large number of antique vehicles and artifacts at Studebaker National Museum. Moving around South Bend is not really a problem but we assure you that with a US Coachways charter bus, school bus, mini bus, party bus, coach, limousine, or corporate car, logistics and transportation will never be a problem. It will only enhance your experience as you make your way from one destination to another so, go ahead and give us a call right now to find out more about the vehicles by calling our customer service representatives. We look forward to working with you in the near future.
Tips, Tricks and Suggestions on How you Can Make the Most of your Time in South Bend, IN
Some of our customers who visit South Bend are here for personal and professional reasons and they range from attending a wedding reception, celebrating someone’s birthday party or looking around for points of interest in South Bend for social gatherings, group tours, church outings, team-building events or a family vacation. The following tips and tricks will help you make the most of your time in South Bend, so, take a cue from our adventurous and curious travel writers below.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Especially during summer months, one of the top attractions in South Bend is Kennedy Water Playground - patrons can let their hair down playing around the swings, pools, slides and the countless spray parks designed for young children. For indoor activities, organize a trip to The Kitchen Skatepark along Sample Street that offers wooden half pipes, ramps, stairs and rails for extreme skateboarding action or you can bring your friends to the campus of Notre Dame University to check out the Compton Family Ice Arena. It is also home to the city’s men’s hockey team, it has public skating sessions and regular events for people of all ages. Visitors should also make time for the family-friendly arcade, indoor mini golf course, American Gladiator-style jousting arena and climbing structures at Mega Play, event and birthday party venues offered by Putt Putt Golf and Games in Mishawaka, or have a bowling party with games like bowling, go karting, bumper cars and NASCAR racing simulators at Strikes and Spares Entertainment Center.
- Art & Culture — Whether you like inspiring artworks, contemporary art or classical musical performances, there is a nice mix of everything to be found throughout South Bend, it is one of the most artistic cities in the state of Indiana. You can venture into award-winning entertainment like comedies, musicals and films showcased at Morris Performing Arts Center. It is, after all, known as the ‘Hottest Ticket in Town’. People can also bring the charter bus to The Snite Museum of Art to check out tens of thousands of impressive artwork that depicts cultures, styles and history which includes items related to Italian renaissance paintings and Mesoamerican artwork, but if you prefer to be entertained with theater, dance and Shakespeare musicals, bring the party bus to DeBartolo Performing Arts Center which is located in University of Notre Dame. South Bend Civic Theater was constructed in 1957 and ever since its inception, this oldest community theater in the Mishawaka area has been bringing community events, summer theater camps and programs for kids, youth and adults alike. If you prefer to sit back with your friends to enjoy a night of endless belly laughs, the place to be is The Drop Comedy Club on South Lafayette Boulevard. There’s also a weekly open mic sessions that you can participate in too.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — The Warren Golf Course was given amazing reviews by various golfing publications and online review sites because it offers a nice balance of relaxing amenities, spa and challenging 250-acres worth of link-style golf course which has been awarded the Audubon International Certification. Notre Dame Stadium is where sports fans can catch college football and is considered one of the state’s top historic landmarks or you can come be a part of an exciting minor league baseball game with South Bend Silver Hawks at Stanley Coveleski Regional Stadium, it is sometimes simply referred to as The Cove.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Being one of the most historically-significant cities in the state of Indiana, visitors can take their pick from iconic landmarks and educational museums. There are museums, gardens, stadiums, and galleries located within the University of Notre Dame or you can bring the charter bus to Studebaker National Museum which is a comparatively new museum as it was completed and opened its doors in 2005. The 55,000 square foot national museum features vintage cars, preserved vehicles and interactive entertainment for young children. Copshaholm Mansion, a 38-room historic mansion has been preserved and promoted as Center for History today; take a tour around the authentic antique furniture from the heart of another era, get some unique memorabilia or let the kids explore the attraction’s interactive Children’s Museum. Although the South Bend Chocolate Factory is not a museum or historic site, per se, the factory tour will open your eyes to how chocolates are made. Military Honor Park is an indoor park, museum and a place for people to explore preserved military aircraft, weapons, uniforms and small artifacts from an era gone by, and you can bring the charter bus to Jimtown Historical Museum which is a 19th century Queen Anne-style farmhouse maintained to share what life was like in a turn-of-the-century farm.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Ever since the East Race Waterway opened its doors in 1984, it has been providing residents and visitors with more than 1,900 square feet of outdoor recreational space and hundreds of thousands of people would visit its 3-mile trail, picnic pavilion and amphitheater every year. There are playgrounds, hiking trails, picnic areas and fishing spots at Howard Park, specialized farms, an intimate petting zoo, hayrides, football fields, and pumpkin patches at Thistleberry Farm in downtown South Bend, tennis courts, children’s playgrounds, duck pond, an old Navarre Cabin and early log structure at Leeper Park, more than 150 acres worth of woodlands, nature center, 18-hole disc golf course, mountain biking areas and wildlife at Rum Village Park, and a river walk, tennis and basketball courts, picnic tables and playground equipment to be found at the Mishawaka park of Battell Park.
- Zoos & Aquariums — It is hard to deny the fact that the Potawatomi Zoo is the perfect place for field trips and weekend outing with kids. There are special exhibits featuring animals like birds, mammals, reptiles and fun programs that will get youth and young children involved. For the grownups, be on the lookout for their wine tasting sessions and venues for social gatherings.
US Coachways, a Family-Owned and -Operated Ground Transportation Company with Lightning Fast Response
Being one of the longest running and professionally-recognized family-run ground transportation companies with decades of experience in the industry, US Coachways prides ourselves as having redefined quality transportation in the country. US Coachways has been named one of the top 15 ground transportation companies in the United States and we can’t wait to help you, our loyal customers, find the next charter bus, party bus, mini bus or school bus for your events in South Bend, IN, when you contact us!