Take a Ride in a Comfortable and Affordable Tour Bus around Stratford, CT
There’s Something for Everyone to do in Charming and Unique Stratford
Stratford is located on Long Island Sound and a short distance from Housatonic River; it has a strong legacy in aviation, military as well as art and theater. Beach and outdoor lovers are going to be in for a treat because there are countless water-related recreational centers, parks and beaches to enjoy during your visit. You can take the charter bus for day trips to Long Beach, Russian Beach, Short Beach as well as Great Salt Marsh, just to name a few. Don’t miss the chance to organize a trip out to Roosevelt Forest too; there is approximately 250-acre worth of deciduous forest with wetlands and ponds throughout the attraction.
But that’s not all you can do in Stratford. You can head out to Stratford Speedway for some go-karting, Mill River Country Club Bowling Alley for a fun session with your friends, The Klein Memorial Auditorium for LIVE performances, Two Roads Brewing Company for bachelor or bachelorette party, Boothe Memorial Park and Museum for an educational learning experience and Chester Hill Farm for some horseback riding. Many of these attractions and historical sites have party packages or promotional prices for private and corporate functions like weddings, birthday parties, anniversaries, business meetings, promotional tours, road shows and other types of group events.
US Coachways is one of the country’s leading ground transportation companies and we are confident about being able to help you find the best charter bus, mini bus, school bus, limousine, party bus and other types of ground transportation to help make your event a smooth-sailing one. Give us a call right now to find more about our promotional packages in and around Stratford, Connecticut.
Things to do and Places to Visit in Stratford, CT
Whether you are visiting with your friends, colleagues, family or having a corporate function in Stratford, there is something for everyone to do and important points of interest to check out. Read on for tips and suggestions about which attraction you should consider adding to your travel itinerary.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — One of the best things about visiting Stratford is that there are so many wonderfully fun places to bring kids. Located right off of Barnum Avenue is Stratford Speedway, a nice place to bring the whole family for a day of go-karting. They cater to birthday parties, corporate events and the tracks can be rented for special events of all kinds. For younger children, they may prefer a bounce party at an attraction like BounceU in downtown Stratford. The kids will get to bounce to their hearts’ content on large inflatables and of course, you can also book the private bounce stadium for a personalized experience. Visitors can also have a few rounds of bowling at attractions like Barnum Duckpin Bowling Lanes and Duckpin Lounge, an old-school bowling alley with a full service Italian restaurant or Mill River Country Club Bowling Alley. You can also experience kayaking along Long Island Sound’s marshland and lakes with Scoot and Paddle, catch the latest movie at Bow Tie Marquis 16 Cinema or book a gymnastic crash course for the children at Next Dimension Gymnastics.
- Art & Cultural — The Klein Memorial Auditorium is not just a conventional theater, it is a historical and beautiful attraction that plays hosts to countless events throughout the year, including concerts for famous entertainers like Pat Benatar, George Carlin, Leonard Bernstein, BB King, Martin Luther King Jr., Alice Cooper, etc. Fairfield Museum and History Center is a historical center where you can learn about the city’s past and it has an amazing art gallery and garden to explore.
- Restaurant & Shopping — The mood and comfortable atmosphere at Two Roads Brewing Company is fantastic for private parties, corporate functions as well as a great place to check out some of Connecticut’s best craft beer. Book ahead of time if you want to have a tour around the brewery, otherwise, you can hang around the tasting room to make some new friends. You can spend half a day shopping at Stratford Antique Center or head out to Marshall’s, Walgreens or Walmart, all located along Barnum Avenue. Check out Connecticut Timekeepers if you like antique clocks or watches and then do some personal shopping at quaint outlets like J Hilburn Men’s Clothiers. When hunger strikes, bring the charter bus to Gaetano’s Salumeria on Main Street for a nice selection of authentic Italian food, get your hands on delicious lobster rolls or blackened scallops at Off The Hook, try some Mediterranean dishes like chicken kabob from My Gyro Turkish Cuisine, sample some jerk pork or chicken at Kingston Kafe, grab some sushi and sashimi rolls from Kama Sushi or quickly grab some burgers and hot dogs from Danny’s Drive-in. The options are quite endless. Want a place to hang out with your friends before calling it a day? Try Hard’s Corner Tavern is locally known as one of the best places that makes you feel at home.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Bridgeport is big on their sports which is evident in the fact that there is a huge fan base for Bridgeport Sound Tigers (American Hockey League) which are affiliated with New York Islanders organization, Bridgeport Bluefish Baseball Club which calls The Ballpark at Harbor Yard home. If you love sports and they have a game on, don’t miss the chance to catch them in action! For some action of your own, head over to Milford Ice Pavillion for some ice-hockey and figure skating, Trumbull Racquet Club for tennis or paintball, putt-putt, ice skating and golf at SportsCenter of Connecticut in Shelton.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Learn about the city while enjoying an amazing view of the sunrise or sunset at Lordship Seawall; there is a mix of white sandy beaches and a rocky hilly terrain to enjoy. Boothe Memorial Park and Museum is the perfect attraction for a field trip where visitors can enjoy fun local festivals and community projects. For the history buffs in your group, making a stop at Stratford Historical Society Captain David Judson House is a must. Stepping into the house will give you an in-depth view about what life was really like in the 18th Exhibits includes old restored furniture, clocks, and everyday objects used during that era. The exhibits also lets visitors in about Stratford’s culture, history and dedicated sections devoted to the American Revolution, history of slavery and much more. The exhibits at National Helicopter Museum is far more specific. It takes visitors through the evolution of helicopters and other aircrafts. Most first-time visitors have given positive response towards their experience of the colonial re-enactment provided at the Academy Hill or learning about the country’s history of waste disposal at Garbage Museum in downtown Stratford. Other worthwhile historical attractions include The Coastal Center at Milford Point where you can do some bird-watching and Barnum Museum which honors the life and work of P.T. Barnum, a celebrated circus magnate.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Short Beach lives up to the fact that most residents consider it the go-to place when things are stressful. It is relaxing and not too crowded even during peak periods. You can also do some hiking, walking, jogging, picnicking or bird-watching at Roosevelt Forest, a forest in the middle of a bustling city. It is also lots of fun visiting Walnut Beach where there is a boardwalk with restaurants, cafes, bakeries and coffee outlets lining its streets. Visitors can consider bringing the charter bus to Chester Hill Farm for horseback riding or have a field trip at The Adventure Park at Discovery Museum where they get to learn about the city’s history through team activities, survival and nature.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Visiting Beardsley Zoo could be just the thing to do when you have kids and teenagers with you. Come learn up about big cats, reptiles and friendly exotic birds but it is highly recommended to give them a call ahead of time if you are hosting summer camps for kids and teens so that proper arrangements can be made ahead of time.
Find the Best-Priced Charter Bus Rental Promotional Packages in Stratford with US Coachways!
Let our well-trained professional consultants help you find the best charter bus for your events and travel needs in Stratford, CT! Call 1-855-BUS-CHARTER to speak to our customer care consultants or let us send you a cost estimate via email when you contact us through our online request form here.