Getting to Know Towson Better by Visiting It's Best Attractions in a Charter Bus
The Perfect City for Shopping, Educational Visits and Family Vacations
Towson is a city in Maryland that sits in the Baltimore County and is one of the region’s busiest areas. The city was a hunting ground for the Susquehannock Indians until two brothers, namely William and Thomas Towson, saw potential in turning the land into a developed farming town. Towson is located within close proximity to Baltimore, a little north of Baltimore City and inside the Beltway, making it one of the most accessible cities in the state of Maryland. The city thrives on its communities’ developments and they include Towson Manor Village, Rodgers Forge, Anneslie, Hunt Crest Estates, West and East Towson, just to name a few.
The city enjoys pleasant weather all year round with hot and humid summers and cooling winters, so, any time is a good time to organize a trip to Towson. This Maryland City is also known for having one of the most vibrant shopping scene in the state. Its shopping districts and malls like the historical Towson Town Center and Towson Square are known for their ability to draw in visitors from neighboring cities and communities, including Baltimore.
Towson has also become an alternative to Baltimore over the years when it comes to a place to have a wedding reception, vacation, weekend getaway, prom night, birthday party, corporate function, business team-building exercise, school field trips, sporting event and bachelor or bachelorette party. And if you are an event planner putting together any of the above and is looking for a ground transportation company to work with, give US Coachways a call right now to find out more about our affordable and professional charter bus renting services.
Get the Know-How About Towson’s Best Points of Interest
You do not have to spend countless hours trying to find out which are some of Towson’s best attractions and points of interest. We have summed up the city’s best attractions for you below.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Visitors with young children in tow ought to consider renting a charter bus for a group trip or weekend vacation to the Maryland Science Center in downtown Baltimore. The science center is one of the oldest science centers in the country and today, it has grown beyond being merely a meeting place for science enthusiasts - it is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the region. Young children will have endless hours of fun exploring interactive and hands-on exhibits, learn from the planetarium or see them gleefully get excited when they come face to face with a giant replica of a dinosaur.
- Art & Cultural — For art lovers, there is nothing better than trekking their way to visit the Baltimore Museum of Art, one of Maryland’s largest art museum. It features a wide ranging styles and has exhibitions from different periods of time. If you love art, you may have heard of the Matisse collection, Picasso and Renior...and this is where you get to see these masterpieces up close and personal. Its free admission is also, admittedly, one of the attraction’s biggest draws. The Walters Art Museum and the American Visionary Art Museum specializes in very unique artwork. The American Visionary Art Museum features some of the most thought-provoking artworks relating to topics like war, addiction, gender equality and some avant garde materials. The Walters Art Museum, in the meantime, ever since it opened its doors in 1909, have been featuring artwork that spans over 5,000 years, with the spotlight shining on Renaissance, Byzantine, Egyptian and Ethiopian pieces. The Walters, unlike other museums mention, is specifically known for their medieval paintings and artifacts.
- Restaurant & Shopping — If shopping is what you want to do during your visit to Towson, we strongly recommend bringing the rented charter bus to Towson Town Center. The mall is not your average mall simply because it is the largest indoor shopping destination in the state of Maryland. Offering visitors four stories worth of shops, restaurants, cafes, branded retail outlets, gift shops and convenient parking spaces, it is a popular tourist attractions for foreign visitors with many people coming in from downtown Baltimore which is a short 20 minutes drive away. This shopping mall had an increase of customers and visitors ever since it received a $76 million expansion and facelift. So, when you are looking for a place to do your shopping, you can’t go wrong with Towson Town Center. If you prefer an outdoor shopping experience, located directly opposite the Town Center is Towson Square, an outdoor shopping mall with brand new facilities like a movie theater and shopping destination with a modern twist. Its theater has been declared as Cinemark’s new official flagship theater. Less crowded but no less charming are the shops at Kenilworth. It is also known as Kenilworth Bazaar which features local retail outlets, restaurants, cafes and coffee places. For even more shopping, get the charter bus driver to bring your group to Towson Place, a major shopping attraction located at Eudowood Sanatarium. There is a large number of retail outlets to check out at this shopping destination so, go ahead and shop to your heart’s content at stores like Walmart, Target, Marshall’s Bed Bath & Beyond, Sports Authority, just to name a few.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – The Johnny Unitas Stadium at Minnegan Field had been host for many Towson events, used by Baltimore Bayhawks for Major League Lacrosse and NCAA’s Women's Lacrosse. This sports arena is four-story high and measures approximately 48,000 square foot with meeting rooms, class rooms, lockers, educational center and film editing room. It is the main venue for Towson Tiger athletics team and other sporting and entertainment events. With the ability to seat up to more than 5,000 spectators, SECU Arena in downtown Towson is home to Towson Tigers basketball team, the city’s volleyball and gymnastics team. Built and introduced in 2013, the stadium was set to replace Towson Center Arena. It consists of club seats, private suites and courtside seats, always ready for games, festivals, concerts, shows and events. It was the host for Awolnation, Harlem Globetrotters and also concert venue for top performing artistes like Sara Bareilles, Backstreet Boys, Avril Lavigne, Gavin DeGraw and Plain White T’s. If there is a show going on, it will be worth your time to catch it.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — One does not have to be a history lover or a fan of historical buildings in order to enjoy a visit to Hampton National Historic Site, one of Towson’s most iconic landmarks. Visitors will find themselves going down memory lane when they visit this 18th Century Georgian manor house together with its inspiring gardens, grounds and original stone slave quarters. The home was formerly a part of the vast Ridgely estate and was built with 17-foot high ceilings and arty interior decorations. Admission is free of charge and there are educational guided tours offered by volunteers. A visit to this historical site will take approximately an hour and it is well worth the time.
- Zoos & Aquariums — The National Aquarium in Baltimore is located less than 30 minutes drive from Towson so, get the charter bus driver to take you to downtown Baltimore for an experience of your lifetime. The National Aquarium is home to more than 16,000 animals from nearly 700 species from all around the world. It is hard to get bored visiting this kid-friendly attraction because new exhibits are continually being added, in an effort to keep things refreshing for returning visitors.
Make the Most of your Precious Time Trying to find a Charter Bus in Towson, MD
Instead of making price comparisons on the Internet, US Coachways is ready to do all the groundwork for you by finding you the most affordable, modern and comfortable charter bus and luxury vehicles in and around Towson. To find out more, all you need to do is to call us up at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER, reserve the bus online with our one-of-a-kind online reservation system or complete the Contact Us form for a prompt bus rental cost estimate today!