Enjoy the Renaissance City in Style, Comfort and Luxury
Though it's long been known as the "Motor City," or the "Automotive Capital of the World," Detroit is considered a major cultural center in the Midwest, second only to Chicago in population. It's a popular destination for tourists—more than 19 million people visit there every year. If you're thinking about taking a group somewhere, you'll find plenty to offer in Motown.
But you don't want to see the city from behind the wheel of your own vehicle. Detroit's a sprawling metropolitan area, home to more than four million residents. There's a better way to see this great American city—with a charter bus rental from US Coachways. Relax with friends and family while we take care of the details.
Take a Charter Bus for any Group Outing to Detroit
The many benefits of charter bus travel—safety, flexibility, reliability, comfort and affordability—make it an outstanding option for any type of excursion to Motown:
- Family celebrations — A charter bus is perfect for any type of family get-together, whether it's a graduation party, reunion, birthday/anniversary party, wedding, engagement party or rehearsal dinner. Use your time on the road to catch up with beloved family members.
- School travel — There's a lot of responsibility involved in taking students on any type of trip. With a charter bus, you'll enjoy the security, accountability and cost-effectiveness, whether you're taking a team to an athletic event or a group of students on a class or club outing.
- Concerts, games and other events — A surefire way to make a big game or concert better—see it live with a bunch of fellow fans. Come to Hockeytown and catch the perennial Stanley Cup contending Red Wings or the Pistons at the Little Caesar's Arena. Take in a show at the Fox or the Fillmore.
- Church trips — A charter bus is an excellent way to combine fellowship with community service. Choose a charter for mission trips, volunteer work or youth group events.
- Corporate and business travel — A charter coach is great for taking employees to a conference, convention, business meeting, team-building exercise or company party.
Detroit—A City on the Rise
There's a new vibe in Detroit these days. It's a city with a vision, one that pays homage to its past, but looks to the future. Here are some of the "don't want to miss" attractions in Detroit:
- Arts, Entertainment and Culture — Detroit is teeming with musical, theatrical and dance offerings, with the Detroit Symphony, the Detroit Opera House and Ballet Detroit all offering year-round performances. Detroit has the second largest theater venue circuit in the country, with more than 20 theatres, including the stunning Fox Theatre, built in 1928.
The city has long been recognized as musical mecca, home to the Motown Sound, legendary bluesmen, classic rock immortals, rap and hip-hop and electronic music. You can take in the history at the Motown Museum or enjoy live music at one of the city's many cozy clubs.
- Historic landmarks — Much of Detroit's history is a product of the horseless buggy. You can visit the Ford Piquette Avenue Plant, the official birthplace of the Model T. Another popular destination is the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation, where you'll learn not only the story of the invention and development of the automobile, but other American discoveries as well, from the achievements of Orville and Wilbur Wright to modular homes and microprocessors. In Greenfield Village (a part of the Henry Ford Museum complex), you'll experience over three centuries of American history, from covered bridges to steam-powered locomotives. There's a restaurant with menu items that were popular in the early 1800s, or you can watch baseball played as it was just after the Civil War.
- World-class sports — Detroit is known as "Hockeytown," a tribute to 11-time Stanley Cup champion Red Wings. The Tigers play downtown at Comerica Park, the Lions are at Ford Field and the Pistons share the new Little Caesar's Arena with the Red Wings.
- Great food — Detroit has long been known it's culinary excellence and diversity. The city's Greektown, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, is just blocks from the heart of the city, features authentic Greek restaurants, shops and the Greektown Casino. The metro Detroit area has the largest Middle-Eastern presence in the United States, but you'll also find Eastern European, Caribbean, Central American and Korean cuisine here, too.
Tour the A Charter Bus Rental Offers Many Advantages
With group travel, the old adage often holds true—the journey can be more important than the destination. You can have a great time in the Motor City, but if your drive there and back is a real hassle, that's what people will remember. A charter bus will help make your trip memorable for the right reasons.
- It's most stress-free way to travel — Travel is often hard work, especially when you're taking a group somewhere. Somebody has to keep an eye on the map or GPS and someone has to watch the time. With a charter bus rental, that's all taken care of for you. Relax with friends and family while someone else handles all the details. You won't have to worry about missed connections or lost luggage, either. You'll travel on the same coach for the entire trip and your bags will ride with you.
In addition, there's no security checkpoint at your bus, so you won't have to remove your shoes or submit to a full body scan. There's no such thing as "bus mode," either, so you can stay connected at all times.
- There's less risk of delay or cancellation with a charter bus — With most other forms of travel, there's always the risk that you'll encounter delays or that your flight/ride has been cancelled. With a charter bus, because of the extensive network of service providers nationwide, it's much easier to find a replacement vehicle, should there be mechanical problems. In addition, the drivers often have access to information and resources that allow them to find alternative routes to get you to your destination in a timely manner.
- Charter buses offer unmatched flexibility — There's no other mode of transportation that allows you to decide where you want to go, when you want to be there, and how long you want to stay. With a charter bus rental, every trip is a one-of-a-kind experience.
- Charter buses are safe and secure — There's an experienced and highly trained professional driving your coach. Furthermore, there's limited access to the bus, so it's easy to monitor who comes and goes. You and your belongings will be safe and secure.
- Charter buses offer the "aaahh" factor — That's the sound of comfort and relaxation. There's more leg room on a charter bus than on any other mode of transportation. There are no middle seats, so you won't be banging elbows with anyone. The seats are wide and so are the aisles, offering plenty of room to stretch out.
- Charter buses can advantage of HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes — Whenever you're traveling to a city as busy as Detroit, that makes a difference.
- Charter buses offer unmatched affordability — The cost to fly a group of people from New York City to Detroit for a weekend? Just under $14,000 in economy class. The same trip on a charter bus—around $7,000.
- Charter buses are environmentally friendly — When you travel together on the same bus, that's fewer vehicles on the road. That leads to reduced emissions and a positive impact on the environment.
At US Coachways, we have been industry leaders in the charter bus rental business for more than 30 years. For a complimentary quote on a trip to Detroit, our online Cost Calculator. You can also call us at 1-855-287-2427 to learn more about the services we offer.
We'll Help You Find the Right Coach for Your Groups
You've made the right first choice—choosing a charter bus rental to get your group to and from Motown. There's another important step, though—making certain you have a bus that meets your needs. We can help.
At US Coachways, we work with an extensive network of charter bus service providers across the nation, so we have access to a wide array of coaches. We'll carefully consider the details of your trip—where you're going, how long you'll be on the road, and what you'll need to take or bring back. We'll help you secure a coach that provides maximum comfort to your group and meets any special needs.
Among the most popular options are:
- The mini-bus — With ample space for storage and seating capacity for 24 to 35 passengers, this vehicle is well-suited for mid-sized groups.
- The full-sized bus — When you choose charter, you never have to worry about the number of people in your group. The largest coaches hold up to 57 people and multiple bus rentals are always an option.
You can typically expect to find most modern amenities as standard features on your charter bus. That includes Wifi, DVD players, stereo and PA systems, and charging ports for your devices. Some buses have additional features, such as on-board bathrooms. The options vary from coach to coach, so check with your booking agent to learn what's available.
Book Your Charter Bus Trip to Detroit Today
At US Coachways, we bring more than 30 years of experience in the charter bus rental business to groups and group leaders, booking more than 20,000 trips every year. To get a free quote for a charter bus trip to Detroit or for more information about our services, go to our online Cost Calculator or call 1-855-287-2427 to speak to a customer service representative.