US Coachways is GSA Approved Bus Rental Provider
If you work for or manage a local, state or federal government agency, or for any municipality, there's a significant likelihood that you'll need to transport a group of people somewhere at some point. You may need to marshal employees of volunteers to respond to a natural disaster or other crises, or you may need to get team members to training or team-building exercises. In most instances, you won't have the vehicles to handle a large group, and you don't want your people to try to get there and back on their own. There's a much better way—with a charter bus rental from US Coachways, you'll have the accountability and safety you want with the convenience and affordability you need. We are also GSA (General Services Administration) approved to provide charter bus services to federal agencies and entities.
A Charter Bus—The Easy Way to Handle Group Travel
When you're taking a group anywhere, one of the most important decisions you'll have to make involves how you'll get there and back. If there's trouble with your ground transportation, that's what most people will remember about the trip. With a charter bus, you'll have:
- Reliability—With other modes of travel, delays and cancellations are relatively routine. In fact, nearly a million air travelers arrive late somewhere every day! That doesn't happen with a charter bus. With access to a vast fleet of coaches nationwide, it's easier for us to find a replacement vehicle, should you have mechanical problems. In addition, your driver has the resources to identify potential traffic challenges and find alternate routes to get you there on time.
- Unparalleled flexibility—There's no other mode of transportation that gives you as much control. You tell us when you want to travel, where you want to go, what you want to do and see, how long you want to stay and when you want to leave. In many instances, you can make last minute or real-time adjustments to your schedule.
- Safety and security—You'll have a trained and experienced professional behind the wheel. Furthermore, because there's only one way on and off your bus, it's easy to monitor access—you and your personal items will be safe and secure.
- A chance to relax—Charter bus travel is one of the most stress-free ways to travel. You won't have to check the GPS or your watch, battle traffic or try to find a place to park. Your driver will handle all the details while you enjoy the ride. There's no TSA security checkpoint with a charter bus, so you won't need to take off your shoes, empty your pockets or bring a small bottle of shampoo. You'll be on the same bus throughout the trip and your luggage will travel with you—no worries about missed connections or lost bags. Your devices won't interfere with navigational systems, either, so you'll never have to put your phone on "bus mode."
- A comfortable ride—The seats are wide and there's no middle one, so you won't be bumping elbows with anyone. There's more leg room than on any other mode of transportation and the aisles are spacious. Even better—you can get up and walk about at your leisure.
- The opportunity to use the high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes—that can help you avoid major traffic jams and keep your stress level to a minimum.
- One of the most reasonably priced ways to travel—On a charter bus, you'll share many of the expenses of travel with fellow passengers. That consistently makes charter bus rental one of the most cost-effective ways to travel with a group.
- A positive impact on the environment—When you ride together on a charter coach, there are fewer private vehicles on the roads. That lowers emissions and helps the planet.
Of course, your charter bus can serve as more than just a mode of transportation. It's a great environment for a group meeting. Use it to prep employees, give last minute instructions or provide a safety briefing. It can also be a sanctuary for some of your participants, who may choose to get some down time on the bus in the middle of all the activity.
At US Coachways, we bring more than 30 years of experience to federal, state and municipal agencies, helping with all your ground transportation needs. For a free estimate on the cost of a charter bus rental, go to our online Cost Calculator. If you have questions or concerns or want to learn more about the full scope of our services, call 1-855-287-2427 and talk to one of our experienced customer service agents.
Frequently Asked Questions about a Charter Bus Rental
- Is there a particular type of coach that's best suited for federal, state and local government travel?
- No. The right vehicle for your group will depend on a number of factors, including how many people will be traveling, how long you'll be on the road, what you'll need to bring or take home, and any special needs of your participants. If you're with a mid-sized group, t he mini-bus is typically ideal, with seating for 24 to 35 and ample space for personal items. Larger groups will prefer the full-sized bus, with accommodations for up to 57 passengers. Multiple bus rentals are available.
- How much will it cost to rent a charter bus?
- The total price for a charter bus rental varies, based on a number of criteria:
- When you'll be renting the bus—The cost can vary both seasonally and based on the time of week. Charter buses are in greater demand when weather is more temperate, so the prices are usually higher in the summer in the Northern states and in the winter in the Southern United States. In addition, you'll generally pay more for a charter bus Friday through Sunday than you will other days of the week.
- How many people will be on the bus—Larger buses typically cost more
- Where you'll depart and return to—As a general rule, it's more expensive to rent a bus in an urban area than in the suburbs or a rural community.
- How long you'll need the bus—For multiple day trips, you'll customarily pay per day of travel. For same-day trips, you can often choose to pay either by the mile or based on the amount of time you'll need the bus. You can expect, however, a minimum charge (typically five hours).
- Whether you'll need special amenities—Most charter buses come with Wifi, DVD players, stereo/PA systems and charging ports for your devices. If you require additional features, such as an on-board bathroom, you may pay extra. Check with your booking agent to determine what's available and what it will cost.
- Can we use a purchase order to pay for the trip?
- Yes. Because we have extensive experience working with federal, state and municipal government agencies, we understand your accounting needs and practices and will work with you to meet your requirements.
- Is alcohol permitted on the charter bus?
- You may bring and consume alcoholic beverages during the trip, but you must notify US Coachways of that intention in advance. Your driver will always have the discretion to suspend or discontinue the consumption of alcoholic beverages. In addition, alcoholic beverages may not be consumed if anyone on the bus is under the legal drinking age in the state where the bus is traveling.
Book Your Government Agency Travel with US Coachways
With US Coachways, you'll have more than 30 years of experience in the charter bus business. You'll also have the benefit of:
- A GSA (General Services Administration) approved vendor—We are certified to provide charter bus services to federal government agencies and entities. We have provided charter bus rental services to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, NASA, the United States Marine Corps, FEMA and many other federal government agencies and entities.
- Your own dedicated service team, so that you'll have the same point of contact at all times.
- The US Coachways online Trip Management Portal—This user-friendly tool provides access to information about all your trips from a single site. You'll be able to view past invoices and gather information about prior charter bus rentals.
- Effective, professional dispatch services available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Access to more than 2,000 charter coaches across the country.
- Unmatched flexibility—Because of our extensive network of service providers and our decades of experience, we have the skill and resources to customize your trip to meet your unique needs. We can usually make last-minute or real-time changes to an itinerary and can often book an entire trip with little notice.
- Highly competitive pricing—Because we book more than $55 million in business every year, we have local market knowledge and the purchasing power to help you get a great deal on a charter bus rental.
Book Your Charter Bus Today
At US Coachways, we have provided comprehensive charter bus services to federal, state and local government agencies across the nation for decades. To get a free quote on the cost of a charter bus rental, visit our user-friendly online cost calculator. For answers to your questions or to learn more about the range of services we offer, call 1-855-287-2427 and speak with an experienced travel consultant.