Relax in the Heart of Dixie in the Comfort and Luxury of a Charter Bus
If you're looking for an eclectic taste of American history and culture, look no further than Alabama. Founded 200 years ago, the Yellowhammer (named for a bird in the finch family) State has a rich and storied history, an unmatched musical legacy, a vibrant arts community, and some of the tastiest food you'll find anywhere. From Muscle Shoals to Mobile, from Huntsville to Montgomery to Birmingham, you'll find endless opportunities for fun, adventure and edification.
But you're in the South now—you want to take it a little slower. Don't get behind the wheel of your car! Relax with friends and family in the comfort of a charter bus from US Coachways while someone else handles all the details.
There Are Lots of Good Reasons to Take a Charter Bus to Alabama
When you're organizing a group trip, it can seem like there's no end to the details you have to address. None, though, are more important than your choice of transportation. A bad experience getting there and back will put a damper on the entire trip. With a charter bus rental from US Coachways, you'll have:
- Transportation that's dependable—Delays and cancellations are part and parcel of most other types of travel. In fact, about 40% of all air travelers arrive late somewhere every day. That's not the case with a charter bus. Your driver has access to tools and technology to anticipate traffic problems and find alternate routes to get you there on time. In addition, because of our vast network of charter bus service providers, we can usually find a replacement coach with little difficulty.
- Safety and security—You'll have a highly skilled professional driving the bus. Furthermore, there's only one way on and off the bus, so you won't have to worry about unwelcome guests. You and your personal items will be safe and secure.
- Unparalleled flexibility—There's no other mode of transportation that lets you be in control of when you leave, when you stop, how long you stay and when you return. We can typically accommodate last-minute or real time adjustments to your itinerary, and even arrange entire trips with relatively little notice.
- Comfort—The seats are big, with lots of leg room. There's no middle seat, either, so you won't bump elbows with your neighbor. The aisles are wide and you can walk about at your leisure.
- Time to relax—You won't have to battle traffic or look for a parking place. No worries about checking the GPS or your watch. Your driver will handle all those details. Because you'll be on the same bus throughout your trip and your luggage will go with you, there's no concern about missed connections or misplaced bags. There's no TSA line, so you won't have to remove your shoes or empty your pockets. Your phone won't interfere with navigational systems, either, so you can stay online at all times.
- More travel for your money—When you ride with others on a charter bus, you share many of the costs of transportation. That makes charter bus travel one of the most affordable ways to take a group somewhere.
- More than just a mode of transportation—You bus can easily serve as a meeting place, whether you're prepping employees for a meeting, giving final instructions to students and faculty, or leading the family in a chorus of Happy Birthday! Your bus is also a great place to escape for some quiet time in the middle of a hectic trip.
- Less risk of getting stuck in traffic—You can use the high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes, when available.
- A chance to help the environment—When you travel as a group on a charter bus, it reduces the number of private vehicles on the roads, lowering carbon emissions.
At US Coachways, we have been leaders in the charter bus rental industry for over three decades. Go to our online Cost Calculator to get a free quote on the cost of a trip to Alabama. To learn more about the services we offer, or to ask any questions about charter bus rentals, call 1-855-287-2427 to speak with an experienced travel consultant.
A Few of the Many Reasons to Go to Alabama
- Experience the history—Alabama has played a pivotal role in some of the nation's most historic events, from the American Civil War through Reconstruction, from the Civil Rights Movement to the Space Race. You can visit antebellum mansions, such as the Vaughan-Smitherman Museum and Home, in Selma or visit the Legacy Museum, located in Montgomery on property that once warehoused slaves, just a block from what was once one of the nation's largest slave auctions. In Birmingham, visit the Civil Rights Museum, across the street from the 16th Street Baptist Church, where four young girls were killed in a 1964 bombing. Drive up to Huntsville to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center to learn about and see artifacts from America's successful attempt to be the first nation to land on the moon.
- Enjoy the musical heritage—Alabama has long been a fertile ground for musical excellence, from the days of W.C. Handy to the current popularity of Muscle Shoals native Jason Isbell. Consider just a few of the famous musicians who hail from the Yellowhammer State—Nat King Cole, Wilson Pickett, Emmy Lou Harris, Lionel Richie, Martha Reeves, Tammy Wynette, the Temptations, Percy Sledge, Hank Williams and Big Mama Thornton. You'll find multiple venues in most cities, offering a wide array of musical genres, from the small clubs in Birmingham to the pavilion-style concerts along the Gulf Coast in Orange Beach.
- Savor the food and beverage—Folks in Alabama take food and drink seriously, whether it's barbeque or beer, fresh Gulf Coast seafood or biscuits. You'll find an endless array of mom and pop barbeque joints—just follow the smoke from the cookers out back. Make certain you try a little white sauce on your pork or chicken plate—it's a specialty of Alabama. For a real Southern tradition, visit one of the many "meat and threes" throughout the state—your choice of a protein and three sides, usually including collards. The pecan is the state nut, so you'll find all manner of pecan pies, some with bourbon, coconut or even chocolate. There's also fine dining throughout the state—stop by world-renowned chef Frank Stitt's Highland Bar and Grill in Birmingham, the Cotton Row in Huntsville, or True Montgomery, in the state's capital city. Alabama has also seen an explosion in craft breweries after relaxing its beer laws in the last decade, with microbreweries popping up from Huntsville to Birmingham to Gadsden to Fairhope.
- Relax on "the beach"—Head down to the Gulf Coast, where you'll find miles of pristine, sugar sand shores along the Gulf. The locals simply refer to the entire shoreline as "the beach."
- Get a shopping fix—From the high-end boutiques in Mountain Brook (a suburb of Birmingham) to the world-class retailers at the Summit, the Galleria or the Pinnacle, from the numerous outlet malls to the famed "unclaimed baggage" stores that line the streets of Scottsboro, you can find just about anything in the Heart of Dixie.
- Get some fresh air—Alabama also offers plenty of outdoor adventure, from the internationally renowned mountain bike trails at Oak Mountain State Park to the mile-plus trek down to the Walls of Jericho (near the Alabama-Tennessee line) to the stunning beauty of Little River Canyon. Take a side trip on your way to or from the canyon to visit the Alabama Hall of Fame (a tribute to the musical group Alabama).
We'll Help You Find the Right Coach
There's no better way to see Alabama than in the convenience and safety of a charter bus. It's also critical, though, that you get the right bus for your group and your trip. At US Coachways, we will take a close look at the details of your trip—how many people will be traveling with you, how long you'll be on the road, what you'll need to bring with you and what you'll want to take home, and any other special needs of your passengers. Then we'll work closely with our extensive national network of charter bus service providers to find the coach that best meets your needs.
If you're going to the Heart of Dixie with a small-to-medium-sized group, we suggest the mini-bus. There are a number of different models, seating anywhere from 24 to 35 passengers, all offering ample storage space. If you're on an excursion with a larger group, you'll want the full-sized bus, with accommodations for up to 57 people. Multiple bus rentals are always an option.
All the charter buses (except some of the school buses) come with plush, high-back bucket seats, climate control and a great sound system. You may also have access to other options, including Wifi, DVD players and monitors, charging stations and electrical outlets, public address systems and hardwood floors. Check with your booking agent for availability.
A Charter Bus—Ideal for Any Outing to Alabama
The things you love about a charter bus—the dependability, flexibility, comfort, safety, affordability and stress-free environment, make it a great choice for any travel to the Yellowhammer State:
- Family gatherings—Reunions, weddings, rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, bar and bat mitzvahs and retirement parties.
- Company and corporate events—Conventions, seminars, conferences, workshops, training, business meetings, team-building exercises, golf outings, picnics and company celebrations.
- Senior travel—Charter buses can provide a lifeline for retirees and elders, offering transportation to shopping venues, concerts and plays, casinos, museums and historical attractions and fall foliage tours.
- School trips—Fan and athlete travel to competition, student volunteer projects, club and class trips, fraternity and sorority outings, cultural offerings, prom and graduation after-parties.
- Church outreach—Mission trips, community volunteer efforts, retreats and church camp sessions, faith-based conferences and conventions, choir tours, youth group and fellowship travel.
- Special events—Bowl games and other professional and college athletics, motor car races, touring theatrical productions, stadium and arena concerts, food and cultural festivals, public rallies.
The US Coachways Edge
At US Coachways, we are committed to providing a level of customer service you won't find with any other charter bus company. When you book a trip to Alabama with us, you'll get:
- Comprehensive dispatch services throughout your entire trip, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Access to the US Coachways online Trip Management Portal, a cutting edge tool that allows you to view invoices, itineraries and other information from all your trips in one place.
- A dedicated service team to promptly respond to all your needs and concerns. You'll have the same point of contact at all times.
- Flexibility that's unmatched in the industry—Because we've provided effective ground transportation solutions to individuals and groups across the country for more than three decades, we can usually accommodate last-minute or real-time changes to your travel plans, or even book an entire trip with short notice.
- The benefit of our purchasing power—At US Coachways, we book an average of more than $55 million in annual charter bus rentals. That gives us the vendor loyalty and local market presence to get great deals for our clients.
We are also approved by the General Services Administration (GSA) to provide charter bus rentals to the federal government and its agencies.
Book Your Alabama Adventure Today!
It's easy to have a great time in the Yellowhammer State. When you ride with US Coachways, you'll have the experience and flexibility that comes from more than 30 years in the charter bus rental business. To get a free estimate on the cost of an excursion to the Heart of Dixie, go to our convenient online Cost Calculator. For answers to any questions you may have about charter bus rentals or to learn more about the services we offer, call 1-855-287-2427 to speak with an experienced travel consultant.