Albany, GA Bus Rentals for History Fans & Outdoor Lovers
Considered the cultural center of southwest Georgia, Albany boasts a rich historical heritage that includes the railroads and the Civil Rights movement and supports a symphonic orchestra, a live theater ensemble and more.
Located on the Flint River, Albany is also known for its breathtaking natural beauty and bountiful outdoor activities such as boating, hiking, bird watching and golf. And nearby are the Wild Adventures Theme Park and the President Jimmy Carter Historical Site.
Whether you’re planning a family vacation, weekend getaway or corporate event, US Coachways caters to groups of all sizes. With an extensive fleet of vehicles that includes mini buses, party buses and 56-seat coach buses, we provide bus charters to locations throughout Georgia , including Atlanta, Savannah and Augusta. Our superior customer service, luxury amenities and affordable bus rental rates make US Coachways an ideal choice for community organizations, church groups and schools as well as special events such as weddings, bachelor parties and birthday celebrations. Give us your destination and let us handle the rest.
History, Culture & Fun Activities in a Natural Setting
From historic homes and encyclopedic art collections to bicycling through downtown along the city’s Greenways Trail System, Albany offers a unique mix of activities for those who love culture, history and the great outdoors. Yet the city also boasts great restaurants and boutiques, theme parks and golf courses, not to mention one-of-a-kind experiences for animal lovers. Below are just a few of Albany’s many wonderful points of interest.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — From popular music concerts at the State Theater to miniature golf, laser tag, blaster boats, go-carts and more at the American Fun Park, you’re sure to have a great time in Albany. The Wild Adventures Theme Park is the perfect day trip for families, offering wild rides, wild animals and great concerts by national acts.
- Arts & Culture — In this culturally thriving city, visitors are treated to award-winning stage performances at the Theatre Albany and the classical offerings of the Albany Symphony, the region’s only professional orchestra. If fine arts are your preference, the collection at the Albany Museum of Art are worthy of your time. Or, take in a concert at the historic Carnegie Library building.
- Restaurants & Shopping — From old fashioned southern cooking to upscale delicacies, you’ll find the most delicious eateries in Albany. If you're in the mood for some retail therapy, go no further than Livi & Company, a marketplace housing more than 80 vendors selling antiques, handmade jewelry and much more, or try Southern Elegance of Georgia, a shopping area full of boutiques.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Tee off at two excellent public golf clubs, the 18-hole Flint River Municipal Golf Course and the Turner Field Golf Course. College sports fans should try Albany State University or cheer on the Albany Panther arena football team.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — At the Thronateeska Heritage Center you’ll find a history museum with a display of a 1912 train station and a fascinating train exhibit as well as a full-dome planetarium and science museum and the Fryer-Merritt House, built in the 1800s. A visit to the historic Old Mount Zion Baptist Church, where Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once spoke, highlights the city’s role in the Civil Rights movement. Take a day trip travel to nearby Plains to visit the President Jimmy Carter Historical Site.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — For nature lovers and outdoorsmen, Albany has it all, from bird watching to camping, hiking and canoeing. The city’s Greenways Trail System winds through downtown, offering easy access to restaurants and shops. There is even a certified Monarch butterfly pollinator garden.
- Zoos & Aquariums — The Chehaw Wild Animal Park features natural habitats designed by well-known naturalist Jim Fowler, of television’s “Wild Kingdom.” For another type of animal experience, visit the Flint RiverQuarium, one of the few open-air aquariums in the world, which also houses the Cypress Pond Aviary.
- Other Points of Interest — Enjoy a free concert of Ray Charles’ music next to the Flint River at Ray Charles Plaza. Have a seat at one of the piano key-shaped benches and listen to Charles' well-known songs as you take in the life-size sculpture of Charles seated at a baby Grand piano on a rotating platform.
Book Your Albany, GA Bus Charter Rental With US Coachways Now
It couldn’t be easier to book a bus charter rental with US Coachways — by phone or online. Book today for the best pricing. Whether you are looking for a mini bus for a small group, party bus for a celebration or a luxury coach bus for a larger group, our account specialists are available 24 hours a day to help with your reservations. For a free quote or to book your trip, Contact Us at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER (1-855-287-2427).
Tourism hot spots in Georgia