Discover a World of Hidden Gems and Be Inspired by the City’s Unique Attractions
When we talk about Fort Myers as a tourist attraction, we often come up with visions of the picturesque winter homes of Thomas Edison and Henry Fords, also known as Seminole Lodge (Edison) and The Mangoes (Ford). They continue to bring in foreign visitors from all over the world all year round. Fort Myers is also a historical city, with it being one of the first forts built along the Caloosahatchee River during the American Indian Wars and it also had a role to play during the Seminole Wars.
If you are a fan of NBA games, try planning your visit so that you can be a part of the City of Palms Classic, a very popular high school basketball tournament which has been held since 1973. Families are going to be in for a treat at Zoomers Amusement Park’s countless thrill rides and roller coasters and you can also come home with unique, charming gifts sold by the locals at Fort Myers’ Fleamasters Fleamarket. Visiting Everglades Day Safari for a tour will make for an educational and enchanting trip at the same time.
US Coachways works with individuals, corporations, organizations, groups, wedding planners, event organizers, churches, educational bodies and people from all walks of life. The charter bus, mini bus, school bus, limousines, exotic vehicles, sleeper coach and party buses you can choose from will save you time and money when organizing an event in Fort Myers, Florida.
Here are Some Hints, Ideas and Suggestions on What to do in Fort Myers
Don’t know if you would rather spend a few hours shopping or take a drive down a scenic driveway? Here are some useful hints about some of Fort Myers best points of interest that will help make planning your itinerary easier.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Fort Myers have always been one of the most popular tourist attractions in Florida and unsurprisingly, because you can check out tourist magnets like Florida Repertory Theater with world class performances from all around the world and Zoomers Amusement Park for its thrill rides and roller coasters. Florida Repertory Theater is located on 1st street and is a historic arcade theater with a distinct style and architecture. It plays its role as an amazing off Broadway alternative for the locals. Zoomers, on Summerlin Road, has both an indoor and outdoor park; go ahead and have a great time with its go-kart rides, Voodoo Island Mini Golf, Tilt-A-Whirl, Cobra Roller Coaster and more.
- Art & Cultural — There is a colorful, fun and exciting art scene in Fort Myers and if you are keen to be a part of it, don’t miss the chance to bring the charter bus around to Southwest Florida Symphony or Barbara B Mann Performing Arts Hall to catch one of the amazing performances. The team of musicians behind Southwest Florida put on shows featuring a wide range of music, from Pop to Classical and from Beatles to Beethoven. Being centrally located in the heart of Fort Myers, it has been attracting foreign tourists and vacationers for decades. New additions and makeover made to the attraction has garnered overall favorable reviews.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Fort Myers’ Fleamasters Fleamarket is located on Dr. M.L. King. Jr. Boulevard. This is the perfect place to grab a bite, enjoy the festive weekend atmosphere, pick up your new supply of locally grown food, pick up bargain buys at the booths, watch the locals go about their daily activities or buy crafts, antiques and unique items like old collectibles. The energy is always charged with fun as shoppers pick up their favorite clothes, shoes, luggages, kitchen products and snacks. At the other end of the spectrum is Tanger Outlets on Summerlin Road; this is where you want to be at when you are looking for branded items, fine diners, restaurants and chain stores. So, whether you are looking for Reebok, Nike, Samsonite, Guess, Polo or Under Armour, you will find them all here. Looking for a good place to hold a friendly gathering or a bachelor or bachelorette party in Fort Myers. Grab a party bus rental package and head over to Point Ybel Brewing Company or Fort Myers Brewing Company for a great night out with family and friends. Point Ybel offers a unique line of small batch craft beer selection, specializing in pale ales. There’s nothing but good food, a few rounds of beers, live music and fun company all around. Fort Myers Brewing Company is set up in a former industrial park and serves as a true hidden gem in Fort Myers. There are food trucks, shuffleboard, giant game of genga, fussball and other entertainment for you to enjoy together with your drinks. There is a wide range of options for food in the heart of the city center. Come pick up some donuts and coffee at Bennet’s Fresh Roast on Bayside Parkway, fresh seafood delicacies like steamed clams and lobster rolls from Cape Cod Fish Company, authentic Southern dishes like sweet potato souffle at Fancy’s Southern Cafe, Cuban style cuisine at Martha’s Cuban Cafe and some Italian favorites like baked garlic knots from the chef behind Two Meatballs in the Kitchen.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – There are 2 main baseball stadiums for visitors to catch the latest game and they are JetBlue Park and Lee County Sports Complex Hammond Stadium. Even when there is no game going on in the stadium, you might catch some players practicing with their coaches and fellow team mates. Lee County Sports Complex Hammond Stadium received a comprehensive makeover and the enhanced stadium offers a wider range of concession stands, new seats and if you can, try catching one of its Miracle Games. For those craving for a game of golf, rent a charter bus to bring you for a day of putting at Castle Golf along Gladious Drive. It has a challenging mix of courses, a pond, ice cream shop and fun train for young children to ride around on.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Edison and Ford Winter Estates celebrates the life of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford. Visitors can walk around its historical buildings, structures, award-winning gardens, or learn something new at the Edison Botanic Research Lab and Inventors Museum. There are organized tours available and it consists of the ‘Inside the Homes’ or ‘Inside the Laboratory’ tours. McGregor Boulevard is a peaceful, well-maintained and manicured scenic driveway in Fort Myers. It was designed based on Thomas Edison’s vision of having a driveway lined up with Royal Palm Trees. As the charter bus cruise along the streets, look out the window and gain some inspiration.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Fort Myers does not disappoint when it comes to the number of parks to enjoy. There is plenty of kid-friendly activities and amenities at Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve at Penzance Boulevard. You can also take a slow stroll along the scenic boardwalk through a stunning swampland or take a tour to view as many alligators, turtles , snakes, wild boars and birds along the way. Admission is free. Lakes Regional Park makes for a great weekend vacation spot for the locals. Available activities include biking trails, botanical gardens, mini train, shower parks, kayaking, canoeing, pedal buggies, picnicking and shopping at the farmers market. Another place to do some kayaking with fellow adventurous travelers is Port Sanibel Marina. If you are lucky, you might get to say hi to a few passing manatees. The pleasant year-round weather makes Bunche Beach and exceptional vacation spot for families, groups, organizations and couples. Located in Old Florida, things are remarkably different from the way life is in a large city. On top of kayaking and swimming, visitors can also walk along the boardwalk, take awesome photographs, sunbathe or do some bird watching. It is easily accessible and ADA friendly.
- Zoos & Aquariums — For groups of children and teens, we recommend renting a charter bus for a group outing to Everglades Day Safari for a tour. The day will be filled with walks in one of the most natural settings in Fort Myers; the trip will also include a pontoon boat ride into the Thousand Islands mangroves, a ride down Alligator trail and an airboat ride along Tafford Lake. It will make for unforgettable memories. When the weather and season is right, you will get to spot a fair number of manatees in Manatee Park on State Road 80. After all, Florida is known as the ‘Manatee Central’ so, we are sure you won’t be disappointed with the visit.
Renting a Charter Bus in Fort Myers Made Easy, Convenient and Fast
At US Coachways, we are committed to providing our customers with exceptionally professional and efficient way to rent a charter bus anywhere in the nation. If you are looking for a charter bus in Fort Myers, all you need to do now is to give us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or get our staff to provide you with a quick cost estimate by completing the Contact Us form here.
See what's cool in Florida