Rent a Bus to Touch History, the Great Outdoors & More
The Land of Lincoln teems with history — Abraham's Lincoln's legacy is alive in Springfield, a Rock Island historic site is considered one of the "7 Wonders of Illinois" and millionaires' homes offer a glimpse at how the wealthy lived more than 100 years ago — but that's not all Illinois offers. There's also waterfront restaurants, river boat cruises, art galleries, lively nightlife, dynamic performing arts, fabulous golf courses, champion sports teams and delicious and eclectic cuisine to enjoy.
And don't forget the great outdoors where enthusiasts will love discovering The Prairie State's many parks and adventures, possibly even seeing an endangered bald eagle, which nests in Galena during winter months.
Whether you want to cruise along Route 66 to visit the birthplace of Abraham Lincoln, stroll through world-class museums in Chicago, shop at unique boutiques and outlets or ride a roller coaster at Six Flags America, you'll find plenty to do in Illinois.
Explore Chicago, Springfield, Rockford & Beyond
From mini buses to 56-seat luxury coach buses, Us Coachways can easily accommodate groups of all sizes and types. Whether you’re booking a cross-country trip or a school trip, our Illinois charter buses will visit the best sights and points of interest. Want to get together with your friends or coworkers to see one of the major league sports teams play in Chicago? Rely on US Coachways for a smooth, safe ride at affordable bus rental prices.
Our charter bus destinations in Illinois include:
- Chicago Charter Bus - When not cheering on one of the many championship pro teams, visitors can stroll through a multitude of amazing museums or visit exotic animals, enjoy jazz and comedy shows or just get a bird's eye view from The Ledge of Skydeck Chicago. You can count on US Coachways to get you to your Chicago destination safely.
- Springfield Charter Bus — Explore the life and legacy of America's 16th president in Springfield, the state capital and birthplace of Abraham Lincoln. As you cruise on a US Coachways charter bus along scenic Route 66, you'll want to be sure to stop at Shea's Gas Station Museum.
- Rockford Charter Bus — Take a step back to another time when dinosaurs ruled the earth at The Burpee Museum of Natural History, home to an award-winning T. Rex exhibit. Rockford is a city known for its many museums, breweries, gardens and riverboat rides down the Rock River. There's something for everyone on a Rockford charter bus rental from US Coachways.
Looking for more places to visit? U.S. Coachways also offers Illinois charter bus rentals with private drivers and luxury amenities throughout the Prairie State, including Galena, Peoria and the Champaign-Urbana area. Our great bus rental prices and superior customer service make US Coachways a popular choice for church and community groups, school trips, team travel and corporate excursions as well as special events such as bachelor and wedding parties, anniversaries and birthdays. Our professional, experience staff is available 24/7 by phone to help book a memorable trip.
Family Fun, Exciting Nightlife, Cultural Sights & More
Whether you are looking to experience Chicago's exciting night life, see history preserved in the Land of Lincoln or experience the great outdoors, you'll find numerous ways to spend your time while visiting the Prairie State. Below is just a sample of what awaits you in Illinois.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — If you’re looking for nighttime excitement, Illinois has some of the best nightlife and concert venues in the Midwest, from the jazz clubs of Chicago to the stage at BMO Bank Center in Rockford to the nightclubs in downtown Rock Island. Ride the roller coasters at Six Flags Greta America or get wet and wild in Springfield at Knight's Action Park & Caribbean Water Adventure. Enjoy a river boat cruise down the Mississippi River. For a different type of excitement, flirt with Lady Luck at the riverboat casino in Alton or Harrah’s Casino in Joliet.
- Arts & Cultural — The Illinois cultural scene is like a great Impressionist painting, full of color and light. There are awe-inspiring art collections at the Art Institute of Chicago, the Krannert Art Museum in Champaign and the Rockford Art Museum. Take in performance by the Joffrey Ballet and the Springfield Opera. Stroll through the West Street Sculpture Garden in Galena. Watch great actors trod the boards at Chicago’s famed Steppenwolf Theater and perform under the stars at Bengt Sjostrom Theatre in Rockford.
- Restaurants & Shopping — Tempt your taste buds with a deep-dish pizza in Chicago or explore farm-fresh cuisine in Urbana. Chicago’s ethnic neighborhoods are a dining treat. Leave room in your suitcase for some great shopping, from Chicago’s Magnificent Mile and the antique shops in Rockford and Springfield to the quaint boutiques in Galena, outlets in Tuscola and farmers markets in Peoria.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Yes, it’s true. The Chicago Cubs have not won the World Series in more than a century. But that doesn’t detract from the thrill of watching a game from a box seat in Wrigley Field. Also, the Cubs aren’t the only game in town. From family fun at a minor league baseball park in Peoria or the thrill of watching an NFL game from the 50-yard line, Illinois is a sport fan’s Mecca. Professional and college sports venues and golf courses abound. You can take in game day at the University of Illinois’s Memorial Stadium, where the “Fighting Illini” battle their Big 10 rivals, watch a Bulls game at United Center or play a round at the Aldeen Golf Club in Rockford.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Historic Route 66 goes through the state offering a flashback to the 'Americana' of yesterday. While cruising along it, be sure to visit Lincoln’s tomb in Springfield and the Ulysses S. Grant Home in Galena. The famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright made Oak Park his primary residence and studio at the turn of the century and all around the state, you can see examples of his work. Other famed attractions include the Black Hawk State Historic Site in Rock Island, the Chanute Air Museum in Rantoul and the Deere-Wiman House in Moline. Not to be missed, the view from the Willis Tower in Chicago
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — From Chicago’s enormous string of public parks to Rock Cut State Park, the Prairie State is a four-season destination for outdoor lovers. Hit the slopes for downhill excitement at Chestnut Mountain Resort in Galena or enjoy a day at Lake Springfield. Book a riverboat cruise aboard the Spirit of Peoria. Hike the canyons at Apple Creek Canyon State Park in Stockton. Explore the gardens at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden in Rockford.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Shedd Aquarium in Chicago is known for its famous shark show, "Wild Reef," while Lincoln Park Zoo features exotic animals from around the world. There's also the Peoria Zoo, Adventure Creek Alpaca & Goldendoodle Farm in Galena and many other zoos and farms where you can meet animals, up close and personal.
- Other Points of Interest — Chocolate lovers can rejoice as they take a walking and tasting tour of select chocolate shops, bakeries and cafes from Chicago Chocolate Tour. Nearby Long Grove Confectionary Company combines art and chocolate in a big way -- visitors are greeted by a life-size Santa Claus and nine-foot-tall Statue of Liberty, both crafted in solid chocolate, when they arrive for the factory tour. Not a fan of sweets? That’s OK. Explore the Amish communities in Arthur and Arcola. Visit the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum in Springfield or the John Deere factory in East Moline.
Now is the Time to Book Your Illinois Bus Charter Rental
Booking your city bus charter with US Coachways is remarkably easy. Our experienced account specialists are on hand 24/7 to answer your inquiries or make reservations. Contact us today at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER (1-855-287-2427). Let US Coachways do the work so you can enjoy the ride.