Many of Carson City’s Historic Sites have an Irresistible Charm to them
Bring the Charter Bus to Art Galleries, Golf Courses and an Old Mint Factory
When the land that Carson City sits on was discovered by John C. Fremont in 1843, it was regularly referred to as Eagle Valley and he named the river he found as Carson River in honor of Christopher ‘Kit’ Carson. It was then discovered that the Washoe people had, long ago, inhabited the area. Soon, Eagle Station ranch was founded and it served as the city’s very first trading post. Eagle Station was later bought up by Abraham Curry and renamed the city Carson City and he decided that the city would soon be the capital city, especially after the discovery of gold and silver along Comstock Lode nearby. With that, the population began to grow. Curry had the foresight of building Warm Springs Hotel near the city center and it was later used as a meeting hall and then a territorial prison; to-date, the property still serves as a part of a state prison. After the country’s Civil War, Carson City became Nevada’s capital city and the Virginia and Truckee Railroad was built to connect Virginia City and Carson City and by 1880, the city attracted throngs of Chinese to migrate to the area to a point that there was one Chinese for every five Caucasian in Carson City. It merged, later on, with Ormsby County and Empire City. And today, it remains a much sought-after vacation spot and venue for weddings, prom nights, weekend outings, corporate functions, art and cultural exhibits and events as well as field trips because of the moderate standard of living and availability of a wide range of venues and attractions.
For those who are interested in this diverse city, bring the charter bus, coach, mini bus, school bus, limousine or corporate car to attractions like Nevada State Capitol, Nevada State Museum, Nevada State Railroad Museum, Stewart Indian School, Foreman-Roberts House Museum and Sears-Ferris House as they offer historical exhibits that will introduce new-comers to various historical events in Carson City. Needless to say, Carson City boasts of countless outdoor attractions and open landscape and it includes fun attractions like Silver Saddle Ranch, Carson Aquatic Trail, Mexican Dam, Lake Tahoe-Nevada State Park, Chimney Beach, Whale Beach, Prison Hill-California Trail and Washoe Lake State Park, just to name a few. And US Coachways has just the right ground transportation to bring you to these places quickly, comfortably and affordably. Give us a call right now to find out more about our promotional packages.
There are More Ways than One to Learn about Carson City, NV
Believe it or not, there’s really more to Carson City, NV, than meets the eye - there are historic sites, art centers and spacious galleries, family-friendly points of interest as well as relaxing and calming parks for all to enjoy. Take your time and visit the sites highlighted below during your trip!
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — When you visit Carson City, people are assured of the fact that there will be an abundance of indoor and outdoor entertainment for both kids and adults alike. For the grownups, you might want to try your luck at the beautiful Casino Fandango which is located amidst a rainforest. There’s LIVE entertainment, movie theater, a fine diner as well as tournament and casino games. You can also bring the party bus to Carson Station Casino, a gaming center located within Carson City’s heart or organize a trip to check out the games, hotel and dining options offered by Carson Nugget too. Mills Park is a popular attraction for those who love sports and the great outdoors - there’s skating, mini railroad for young children, tennis and volleyball courts to enjoy. If you are bringing your young ones with you, head out to the Children’s Museum of North Nevada where there is an interesting mix of interactive and hands-on exhibits related to space, human anatomy, dinosaurs, trains and the state’s history and there are party venues to use too. The UC Davis Tahoe Environmental Research Center is located in neighboring Incline Village and it features a large variety of science exhibits, a virtual laboratory and 3D theater for everyone to enjoy and if you are thinking of a bowling party, you can always count on the 28 bowling lanes at Carson Lanes.
- Art & Culture — One of our customers’ favorite places in Carson City is the Stewart Indian Cultural Center and it matters not whether you love history OR art. The attraction is located within a former schoolhouse and there are self-guided walking tours around the building, giving insights into the region’s Native American culture and the North Lake Tahoe Historical Society and Gatekeepers Museum features a large collection of artwork related to Tahoe history and it even has a packed resource library. The Nevada Museum of Art is located in Reno and it has creative programs and exhibits that attracts tens of thousands of people from all walks of life every year while the Wilbur D. May Center is open to the public all year round and what takes center stage is the collection of rare and exotic artifacts, artwork, animals from all around the world, arboretum and botanical garden. Dance City Performing Arts Center, in the meantime, is an intimate dance studio that offers classes for ballet, jazz, tap and even contemporary dance.
- Golf & Sports — Visitors will get to enjoy some tennis, archery and softball at John D. Winters Centennial Park in downtown Carson City and golfing at some of the region’s most scenic courses. And the list includes the challenging course with various elevation levels at Silver Oaks Golf Club, the par-72 with easy and challenging courses at Eagle Valley Golf Course and the 18-hole golf course of Sunridge Golf Club. The latter attraction features sand traps and water hazards around the course so, it can be quite intimidating for intermediate and novice golfers. The course at Empire Ranch Golf Courses, in the meantime, is smooth and fast and visitors will get to chill out with friends and family at the in-house restaurant at the end of the day.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Carson City is one of the most historical and culturally-rich cities in the state of Nevada. One of the best places to start getting to know this city is a trip to Nevada State Museum. The museum focuses on the natural and cultural history of the state of Nevada and there’s also a special exhibit for Carson City Mint, covering older minting techniques and has a large collection of coins. If you love trains, be sure to make your way to Nevada State Railroad Museum which aims to preserve the railroad heritage of the state (which is at the heart of the city’s growth as a whole) and people will get to go on a unique hand car or train rides around the attraction. Also featuring railroads around Nevada is Baldwin Museum but their focus is on restoring old trains and featuring them as exhibits. As you take a tour around Bowers Mansion Museum, you will get a rare glimpse into the lifestyle of a millionaire in a different era; the home was built during a time called the 1859 Comstock silver mining boom during the era and some are astonished by the large swimming pool, park and playground available at the historic mansion. Visitors will also get to visit the Warren Engine Co. No. 1 Museum, an all-volunteer with antique uniforms, fire horses, historic artifacts related to the Revolutionary War while the Nevada State Capitol Building remains to be one of the most significant and noticeable buildings in the whole of Carson City. Visitors might, also, like to bring the charter bus to Governor’s Mansion along Mountain Street for a quick tour or view the beautiful Lake Tahoe from the Thunderbird Lodge Historic Site, which is a sight to behold on its own as it is a stone castle building located atop a mountain.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — R & D Ranch is completely dedicated to training wild mustangs and if you have never witnessed the process before, this could be the best time for it; there are also horseback riding lessons and trail riding along the beautiful ranch. People can also head out for some hang gliding with Hang Gliding Tahoe where there are both traditional hang gliders and those powered by reliable aircraft engines or you can visit the gorgeous and ever-popular Carson City Hot Springs where there is a large outdoor pool complete with some indoor pools for those who prefer to swim indoors. There are advantages to being located so closely to Lake Tahoe and one of them would be a trip to Chimney Beach along the shores of Lake Tahoe. You can wade around, swim or just sit beside the beach for a calming respite from busy city life or enjoy the public swimming pools at the historic Bower’s Mansion Regional Park. Kit Carson Trail, in the meantime, will take visitors around for a self-guided tour which winds its way around historic homes that dates as far back as a few hundred years ago or you can enjoy the scenic ski trails of Spooner Lake Cross Country, hit Washoe Lake State Park for some biking and equestrian activities or bring your group to the absolutely natural Secret Cove. It is one of the few clothing-optional beaches in the state, located next to Lake Tahoe and promotes healthy, natural lifestyles.
- Other Points of Interest — At Stillwater Spa and Hyatt Regency, it is all about pampering your body and mind - it helps promote balance between earth, air, fire and water through its many health-based programs. The spa is located on Sierra Nevada Mountains, a short distance away from Lake Tahoe. One of the most unique festivals around Carson City is the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival, held at the lake’s open-air theater. The plays are rotated every year and revolve around stories told by, none other than, William Shakespeare.
Enjoy the Personal Attention that you Deserve when you Use US Coachways’ Bus Rental Services
One of the most important things, to US Coachways staff, is the safety of our passengers but ranking slightly below that would be our responsibility to provide convenience and personal attention to each and every one of our customers. Contact us today and we will share with you how US Coachways can and will provide you with your very own sales representatives and a dedicated project manager to help ensure that the smallest details to the biggest challenges are dealt with in a timely manner and never missed.