Have an Unforgettable Trip around Genoa and its Attractions in the Complete Comfort of a Charter Bus
Genoa Boasts of Some of the Best Casinos, Clubs, Historical Attractions and Parks
Before it was considered as Nevada territory, Genoa was a part of Utah. The city was the site of some of Nevada’s firsts and it includes home to Nevada’s first hotel, newspaper, court and the first bar called the Genoa Bar (also known as Nevada’s oldest thirst parlor). The bar was used for movies like Charley Varrick and Misery. The land that the city sits on today was originally home to Mormon pioneers until early settlers set up a trading post called the Mormon Station. Travelers who were moving along the California trail found much respite in Genoa, however, the cityscape changed after the Utah War. Although many of Genoa’s historic buildings, including the original fort, station and hotel, were destroyed by a massive fire, the attractions in the city’s historic district are meticulously maintained all year through so, if you love historic buildings, don’t miss the chance to bring the charter bus there for a tour. There’s also a very unique event called Candy Dance which was introduced in 1919 which features a whole host of candies, foods and crafts that are sold to the public in an effort to support its town government and it is usually held on the last weekend of September. Genoa is also known as a hot favorite for tourists because of the existence of the David Walley’s Resort, home to one of the region’s top hot springs and spa. The city’s historic district is where visitors can find countless late Victorian homes, courthouse and city hall and they have been added to the National Register of Historic Places. Other significant sites to check out in Genoa would be the Mormon Station, Masonic Hall, Genoa Bar and several other sites which includes an old store, gas pump and firehouse.
So, what can you expect when visiting Genoa or have an event like a birthday party, social gathering wedding reception, corporate function, bachelor or bachelorette party in this charming Southern city? You can head out for a party with family and friends at The Lakeside Casino, bring the kids out for a weekend of fun with a charter bus at Harvey’s Arcade or book a spot for yourself at The Timbers in Lake Inn and Casino and the wonderful restaurant. For those who love wines, be sure to bring the party bus to Tahoe Ridge Winery and Marketplace and for the adventurous in your group, get a charter bus and head out to Lake Tahoe, one of Nevada’s top tourist magnets. During winter, visitors can also go skiing and snowmobiling with establishments like Zephyr Cove Resort Snowmobiling Tours. US Coachways, in the meantime, would make the perfect ground transportation partner for you. Bank on our decades of experience in helping our customers find reliable charter buses, school buses, mini buses, coaches, vans and exotic vehicles for your events in Genoa, NV.
Learn More about Genoa’s Top Attractions Before Visiting this Charming City
You will discover that there is a very unique quality to the attractions and people of Genoa that makes coming into contact with them, exploring them and bringing the charter bus to its important points of interest will leave a lasting impression on you long after the trip is over. Below, we have a summary of the various reasons why they will.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — When visiting a fun city like Genoa, it is a given that one would have to make time for at least ONE trip to a casino. You can try bringing the charter bus to Harveys Casino which has a unique open-floor casino with a large number of games or check out The Tavern with their large screen TVs all around the casino as well as slot machines with an ever-increasing jackpots. The Lakeside Casino is a part of Lakeside Inn of South Lake Tahoe and it has an intimate setting offering patrons table games, slots, sports booking and exciting poker games. Sometimes, people find themselves drawn to the keno games, card games like blackjack and video poker offered by Horizon Casino in neighboring Stateline, less than 30 minutes away in a charter bus. If you are bringing kids with you for the trip, consider bringing them to Harvey’s Arcade which is located in Harvey’s Lake Tahoe Hotel and Casino where patrons get to enjoy arcade games, kiddie jungle gym and a small ball pit area. But that’s not all there is to it as you can spend the day bowling at Carson Lanes, enjoy the family-friendly attractions and arts and crafts at Potlatch and for something more adventurous, bring the charter bus to Tahoe City Treetop Adventure Park, which is sort of self-explanatory, for some ziplining. For an affordable outing, check out the latest films at the classy Ironwood Stadium Cinema 8.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Whether you are a foodie or just a family trying to hunt down the best cheap eats and fine diners in Genoa, worry not, there’s plenty to choose from. You can enjoy juicy steaks and yummy lobsters at The Timbers in Lake Inn and Casino, grab a quick sandwich or comfort food from The Pink House, share great hamburgers and traditional fries with your loved ones at Harriet’s Cafe, experience the great old west feeling complete with a jukebox at Genoa Bar, order some of the best pulled pork and other barbeque dishes from Fox and Hound or discover new flavors with Chef in Tahoe, one of the best off-site caterers in town who serves patrons for events and private parties. But when it comes to drinks, you will have a splendid time exploring countless types of wines from all around the region at Tahoe Ridge Winery and Marketplace.
- Golf & Sports — The people of Genoa and its surrounding region love keeping their lifestyles active so, whether it is golf, tennis or a swim that you are looking for, you can find them either in the city center or neighboring communities, not too far away! The Genoa Lakes Golf Club consists of two large courses - the Lakes Course and the Resort Course. The Lakes is a 14-hole course featuring natural wetlands and an amazing view out to Carson River while Resort Course is a more challenging one, taking golfers out towards the rough landscapes of Sierra Nevada foothills. For swimming, you can check out the Ridge Swimming Pool which is located within the compounds of a beautiful alpine resort or bring the kids out for a day pass at Carson Valley Swim Center which has a large swimming pool complete with slides and a rock climbing wall. People can also opt for a few rounds of tennis at Bearclaw Tennis Instruction or take up cheerleading, gymnastics or martial arts at the Sierra Adrenaline Cheer and Tumbling in Minden, a short 15 minutes drive away. Their summer camps are said to be of top quality so, teachers and parents, check out their summer camps and programs before heading over.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Visitors are invited to check out the old-west exhibits showcased by the Genoa Courthouse Museum along the city’s Main Street and the exhibits includes authentic period jail cells, old post office and a blacksmith shop and the spacious Genoa Museum and Archives is a treasure trove of information related to Western historic objects of all kinds. In fact, it makes a great shopping attraction too as the shop located on ground has thousands of different antiques from different periods of time for sale. In the meantime, approximately 15 minutes away in Gardnerville is the Carson Valley Museum and Cultural Center; this historic attraction was designed by famed architect, Frederic DeLongchamps and it focuses on displaying the charming heritage of local region as well as a chronologically-arranged exhibits about the city’s growth timeline, starting from the Native Americans right down to the early 1900s. The knowledgeable staff manning the Baldwin Museum will be more than happy to show visitors around the museum as well as sharing their stories with you. Other interesting historic attractions includes the Marshall Mint and Museum which teaches visitors about old pressing gold techniques and a large collection of coins that were minted on location throughout time. The Masonic Lodge-Douglas 12 is a historic building that was constructed in 1868. The beautiful historic home is surely a sight to behold, with a naturally scenic woodlands serving as its backdrop.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Lake Tahoe is an absolute MUST for outdoor and nature lovers, as it is the largest tourist attraction in the region. The freshwater lake is refreshing and there are activities all year round - there are a few ski resorts to choose from, summer recreational activities as well as casinos. A little closer to the heart of Genoa is Mormon Station State Historic Park which is also a historic site because this was once the very first non-native settlement area in Genoa and today, there is a museum, replica of an old trading post as well as a spacious park for families who wishes to have a relaxing picnic with their friends. The 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa is another wonderful tourist attraction to check out as the mineral-rich attraction has a resort; their spa services is available on an ad-hoc basis too. There’s large open fields, a children’s playground and covered picnic areas at Genoa Town Park which is a calming oasis for city dwellers wishing for some quiet and calm. People should also make time for an airborne tour with Soaring NV, go boating, jet skiing, parasailing, play a few rounds of volleyball at Round Hill Pines Beach and Marina, hike the 2-mile long trails of Lam Watah Trail to NV Beach, learn what a real old farm life was like for early settlers, complete with ranch features at Dangberg Home Ranch Historic Park, cruise your way around Lake Tahoe with Woodwind Sightseeing Cruises, go fishing along the south bank of Lake Tahoe with Tahoe Sport Fishing, or enjoy some horseback riding with Zephyr Cove Stables. For those who are new to winter sport, check out the services offered by Zephyr Cove Resort Snowmobiling Tours whereby you can tour around with professionals’ help. Other fun outdoor attractions in Genoa includes hiking around the scenic and paved trails of Logan Shoals Vista Trail and kayaking, canoeing and picnicking at Cave Rock, which is located near South Harbor Beach. The ground, however, continues to be sacred grounds for the Washoe Indians so, read up what to and not to do when on site.
Travel Around Genoa’s Top Attractions with an Affordable, Safe and Modern Vehicle with US Coachways
Our customers know that when they use our services to rent a charter bus, coach, mini bus, school bus or vans for their travels and events in and around Genoa, they are in good hands. With our large network of charter bus owners, operators, dispatchers and drivers, you are assured of prompt attention and service. Contact us today to find out more about our affordably-priced bus rental packages!