The City’s History Began with One Man with His Gas Station - Whiskey Pete
Take a Charter Bus Tour around Primm’s Old Saloon, Go Skydiving or Enjoy an ATV Adventure
The history of Primm began with a settler, Pete MacIntyre, who went by the name of Whiskey Pete. MacIntyre, initially, made a living selling gas at his gas station located along the state line between Nevada and California. Accordingly, the gas station wasn’t doing very well and in order to survive, Whiskey Pete started bootlegging. He may have died in 1933 but his ‘legend’ lived on in the city. During a construction of a road, Whiskey Pete’s body was accidentally exhumed but was moved to a site where he once used for his bootlegging activities. The existence of casinos had its start in the early 1950s right down to the 1970s. It started with a man named Dale Hamilton who owned State Line and a Chevron gas station with a number of casinos and a small cafe. Hamilton also offered towing and auto repair services and it was thanks to Hamilton’s persistence that the city got an interchange, after various trips to Carson City to plead for one. The city was formerly referred to as State Line but the name was changed to Primm in an effort to avoid confusion with another Nevada City known as Stateline. It took on the name of the town’s original developer, Ernest Jay Primm instead. Today, the city thrives on its casinos and most of the residents of Primm works for the casinos. The people of Nevada prides themselves for playing host to one of the annual off-road races, Terrible’s SCORE Primm 300 which includes races like Baja 1000, Baja 500, San Felipe 250 and Laughlin Desert Challenge. It was also chosen to host the 20th World’s Strongest Man, participated in the 2004 DARPA Grand Challenge and also held the Stateline Supermoto Challenge. Some of its most popular attractions includes the Primm Valley Resort, Whiskey Pete’s, Buffalo Bill’s, Fashion Outlets of Las Vegas and it has been said that there will be a new airport to the north of Primm, Ivanpah Valley Airport.
Traveling in Primm is going to be nothing short of a memorable journey for people of all ages, whether you are young, old or looking for an unforgettable adventure. Visitors can take on the once-upon-a-time highest roller coaster in the world, Desperado Roller Coaster, organize a birthday party or enjoy an event at the historic Pioneer Saloon, bring the kids out for a day of fun and laughter at Henderson Kids Play Cafe, enjoy a field trip with your students or kids at the very unique Lion Habitat Ranch or head out for some shopping with the help of a limousine or coach at Town Square Las Vegas. For golfers, check out the challenging but fun course at Primm Valley Golf Club’s Desert Course, face your fear of heights with a skydiving adventure with Sin City Skydiving or better yet, if the thrill seeker in your group is ready for some tumbling and rolling in the sky, get in touch with the people of Sky Combat Ace. US Coachways, in the meantime, is always ready to be at your service - to provide you with a charter bus, party bus, school bus, mini bus, coach or even a prom limousine for your group events in Primm. All you need to do now is to get in touch with our customer service agents and you are well on your way to top quality charter bus rental services.
Primm, NV, Has More to Offer than Just Casinos, Historic Sites and Parks
One of the distinctive things about visiting Primm’s historic sites and entertaining points of interest is this - regardless of what you do, there’s a charming uniqueness to them all. It reminds you of the region’s past, educates and entertains you at the same time and introduces a way to learn about the city and its people in a very personal way.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — As with many cities in the state of Nevada, casinos and LIVE entertainment proves to be a major draw for tourists but that’s not all there is to do in a city like Primm. Visitors can should make time for the 210-feet fall Desperado Roller Coaster which was once the highest roller coaster in the world. Of course, due to the advancement of technology, it has dropped in ranking but it is still one of the highest speed roller coasters in the United States. If you are bringing kids and teens along with you for the trip, do not miss the chance to bring the charter bus to Wet’n’Wild Las Vegas which is approximately 45 minutes away in Las Vegas. The attraction is one of the largest water parks that caters to people of all ages; the Kiddie Cove, is one of the most popular ones for young children while bigger kids might want to take the challenge presented in the form of Rattler Slide. For something more unique, go ghost hunting together with the people of The Goodsprings Ghost Hunt where guides will tell you tales of the old Pioneer Saloon as you hunt for runaway spirits. Buffalo Bill’s Hotel and Casino is rather traditional, as the name may have suggested but remains a popular family-friendly attraction with a casino resort while Searchlight Nugget Casino offers an intimate casino setting for visitors to enjoy slot machines and table games that are open on Fridays and Saturdays. Other fun casinos you might want to make time for is the low-key Whiskey Pete’s Casino and Hotel and the luxurious M Resort Casino with a comprehensive spa, golf course and LIVE entertainment. The young ones, in the meantime, is sure to have loads of fun during their birthday celebrations at Run Plus Fun while Henderson Kids Play Cafe has a combination of indoor playstations, play area and a restaurant.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Whether it is a chic mall or an interesting local flea market, the shoppers in your group should make time for the high-end Fashion Outlets of Las Vegas in downtown Primm where everything trendy is under one roof, or bring the charter bus to Las Vegas Premium Outlets-South for an outdoor shopping experience. Town Square Las Vegas is unique because it is a European-style mall with activities, shops and restaurants for people of all ages and when you are done, make a trip to the 100 year old (and counting) Pioneer Saloon to celebrate a friend’s birthday or have a bachelor or bachelorette party. Despite its age, this historic attraction will surprise you with the number of special events and festivals that it holds every year.
- Golf & Sports — Primm, on top of offering a whole list of casinos and restaurants to enjoy, it is also considered a treasured golf destination. You will get to enjoy the authentic desert landscape while challenging yourself to game of golf at Primm Valley Golf Club’s Desert Course, check out the Revere Golf Club’s two distinct courses while enjoying the view out to the Las Vegas Strip or enjoy the 7,400 yards of Rio Secco Golf Club’s 18-hole golf course near the Black Mountain Range. Dragonridge Golf Club has more than just an 18-hole par-72 course; there are tennis courts, restaurant, swimming pool and bar for patrons to enjoy.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — The Sandy Valley Ranch is located in the heart of Primm and is a private ranch where the locals visit for horseback riding, cattle rustling, camping or take on activities like cattle roping, horseshoe pitching and cow pie tossing - things you don’t get to do in a large city. Sin City Skydiving, in the meantime, will let you experience tandem jumping and offers personal training for first-time skydivers and if that isn’t thrilling enough, head out for an ATV tour, trekking through desert and mountainous terrains with Las Vegas ATV Tours. Visitors will also get to see the terrains and landscape through a bird’s eye view - take on an airplane tour with Maverick Airlines Tour or give the people of Mustang Helicopters a call to book your spot. The latter offers tours around the Grand Canyon with views out to attractions like Hoover Dam, Lake Las Vegas, Fortification Hill, Lake Mead and many more. You can also book your spot with Sky Combat Ace which specializes in letting visitors experience what it is like to be a fighter pilot and the ride will be filled with spins, loops, rolls and if you are up for it, take the wheel yourself and fly it with guidance. People can also opt for old, historic mining tours over scenic blue water coves with El Dorado Canyon Mine Tour or head out to the oldest gold mine in the region, Techatticup Mine in Nelson. Back then, it was the source of millions of dollars because of the gold, silver, copper and lead that were found both below and above ground. At the end of it all, you might want to rent a canoe and lazily ride along Colorado River.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Although not your typical zoo, those who love big cats are going to have an amazing time coming face to face with the lions at Lion Habitat Ranch. People will learn what it is like to be a lion trainer or you can just sit back and relax while watching the lions go about their daily activities.
Taking a US Coachways Charter Bus will Save you Time, Effort and a Lot of Money
US Coachways has been working with individuals, corporations, organizations, groups, wedding planners, event organizers and religious and sports groups for more three decades. With our professionalism and experience, we grew, understood our customers on every level. Today, we have the capacity to accommodate your needs for a ground transport in Primm, NV, so that your event is as smooth-sailing as possible. To find out more about our charter bus rental services, contact us and our customer service representatives will be able to shed some light on how we can move your event or tour forward from here. We look forward to hearing from you really soon.