Visit Suffolk and Nassau Counties in Luxury and Style
You're planning a group trip, but you're really looking to relax a bit. You still want great shopping, food, arts and culture, and other things to do, but you'd like the pace to be a bit slower. The perfect place? Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island.
But you'll spend a lot of time behind the wheel if you go there on your own. There's a better solution—visit Long Island with a charter bus rental from US Coachways. You'll have fun with everyone else while someone else handles the details.
The Right Coach for Your Group
When you consider the benefits, it's an easy decision to choose a charter bus for a group trip to Long Island. But there's another important step—working with your booking agent to make sure you have the right coach for your trip and your group.
At US Coachways, we'll look at the details of your outing, including where you're going, how long you'll be on the road, how many folks are going and any special items you'll take or bring back. We'll work with our extensive network of charter bus service providers to locate the coach that best fits all of your needs.
If you're traveling with a mid-sized group, you'll probably find that the mini-bus fits the bill. It seats 24 to 35 comfortably and has ample room for all your personal items. For larger groups, the full-sized bus, with a capacity of 57, offers comfort and convenience. Multiple bus rentals are always an option.
The amenities vary from coach to coach, but most charter buses have Wifi, charging stations for your devices, DVD players and stereo/PA systems. On-board bathrooms and other premium features are also available. Check with your booking agent to learn your options.
Why a Charter Bus Rental Should Be Your Mode of Travel
When you're planning a group outing, there's a lot to consider, but nothing may be as important as your choice of transportation. If it's a real hassle getting there and back, people may forget what a great time they had on Long Island. When you weigh all the factors, there's nothing that compares to a charter bus rental:
- A charter bus lets everyone enjoy the trip — With any other form of travel, someone has to be in charge. Someone has to be the navigator, checking the map or the GPS. Someone has to fight traffic and find a place to park. Someone has to keep an eye on the clock, so that you get to your destination on time. With a charter bus, everyone can relax—your driver will handle all those details. In addition, you won't have the stress of making a connection or worrying about a lost bag. You'll travel on the same coach the entire trip and your bags will always be with you. You won't have to go through a security checkpoint, so you can keep your shoes on and bring your own shampoo. There's no need to put your phone on "bus mode," either. Stay connected at all times.
- Charter buses offer unmatched flexibility — There's no other type of travel that lets you decide where you want to go, when you want to be there, what you want to see and how long you want to stay. You won't have to choose from a handful of standardized itineraries. You're limited only by your imagination.
- Charter buses provide safety and security — You'll have a trained professional behind the wheel throughout the trip. In addition, because there's only one way on and off the bus, you won't have unauthorized visitors. You and your personal items will be safe and secure.
- You'll travel in comfort and luxury — There's no middle seat on a charter bus, so you'll never feel hemmed in. There's also more leg room than you'll find on any other mode of transportation. The aisles are nice and wide, and you can move about the cabin at your convenience.
- Charter buses give you unparalleled reliability — With most other modes of travel, delays and cancellations are fairly common. In fact, about 40% of air travelers will arrive late at a destination every day! With a charter bus, cancellations are virtually unknown, given the access to a nationwide fleet of coaches. Furthermore, your driver has the resources to anticipate traffic problems and find alternate routes to get you to your destination in a timely manner.
- Charter buses are cost - effective—With a charter bus rental, because you are sharing many of the costs of travel, you can often go for a fraction of the cost of other types of transportation. That lets you spend more money on having a good time.
- Charter buses let you use the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes — Any time you're traveling in or around New York City, that's a real bonus.
- Charter buses are the environmentally savvy way to travel — With all of your folks on the same coach, you'll significantly reduce the number of private vehicles on the roads. That reduces carbon emissions and that helps promote a healthy planet. Here's how US Coachways had a positive impact on the environment.
At US Coachways, we have been at the forefront of the charter bus rental business for over three decades. Use our online Contact form to obtain a free quote on a charter bus trip to Long Island, or call us at 1-855-287-2427 to talk with an experienced customer service agent.
Nassau Next Door
Just 20 or so miles from the heart of New York City, Nassau County could be another continent away, leading many to dub it the "island next door." People here take a more laidback approach, but there's plenty to do and see:
- The beaches — From the sugar sand beaches along Nassau County's south shore to the spectacular bluffs on the northern coast of the island, there something for everyone. Relax in the sun, take a hike, enjoy some bird watching or rent a canoe or kayak.
- Sports — Whether you want to participate or just watch, there are plenty of opportunities. Belmont Park, one of the most historic tracks in horse racing and home to the Belmont Stakes, is here. Play golf on one of the county's many great courses, including Bethpage Black, host of the 2009 U.S. Open. Many of the county's parks offer croquet, lawn bowling and hiking.
- Historic attractions — Nassau County's museums include collections of Revolutionary War artifacts, as well as exhibits documenting African-American History. Visit the home of former president Theodore Roosevelt.
- Shopping — There's something for everyone here, from malls to Main Streets, from trendy boutiques to Americana Manhasset, considered by many to be the "Rodeo Drive of the East."
- Arts and cultural offerings — Patrons of the visual arts will enjoy the Nassau County Museum of Art, or one of the many private galleries in Nassau County. There are plenty of options for live theater, from the theater in the round at Old Westbury to big productions at the Tilles Center for the Performing Arts.
East of Nassau, a few miles further from the city, Suffolk County lets you get away from the hustle and bustle. It's a great place to relax, but there are plenty of attractions, including great shopping, outstanding dining, arts and cultural offerings and amazing beaches.
- Shopping in Suffolk — A haven for antique shoppers, Suffolk County also boasts many boutiques and local emporiums in its many quaint and picturesque little towns. You'll also find outlet malls, with many of your favorite world-renowned retailers.
- Outstanding food and wine — Known far and wide for its many award-winning wineries, Suffolk County also offers a diverse culinary experience. Enjoy stellar cuisine at four-star restaurants or get fresh seafood at one of the county's cozy beach bars. Many of the top restaurants are located in historic buildings, including homes, inns and even a former bank.
- World class arts and culture — Suffolk County is known for its cutting edge live theatre productions, staged at venues across the county, from small village theaters to huge performing arts centers. You'll find art galleries and museums, including collections of artifacts from the Underground Railroad, the American Revolution and Native American life on Long Island. Another popular attraction—tours of some of the storied mansions from the Gold Coast Era.
- Some of the best beaches on the East Coast — Suffolk's beaches are famous for their white sand. In fact, Coopers Beach, near Southampton, was listed as the fifth best beach in the United States in 2017 by Dr. Beach.
A Great Choice for Any Type of Trip to Long Island
The convenience, reliability, versatility and safety of a charter bus make it an ideal mode of travel for any outing to Long Island, including:
- Family gatherings — A charter bus is well-suited for any family event, from graduations and reunions to birthday/anniversary parties, weddings, rehearsal dinners and engagement parties. Use your time on the bus to catch up with your favorite uncle or cousin.
- Business outings — Conventions, conferences, business meetings, trainings, team-building events and company parties all go a lot smoother when you travel there and back in a charter bus. An added bonus—you can use your travel time productively, prepping employees, debriefing or building company morale.
- School events — There's an added level of responsibility when you're taking students, faculty and staff somewhere. With a charter bus, you'll have the safety and accountability you need, whether you're headed to an athletic event, taking a club or class trip, or going to an arts or cultural offering.
- Church travelFor youth or adult mission trips, choir tours, community outreach or other fellowship, there's no better mode of transportation for fostering fellowship, fun and faith.
- Special events — Want to be there at the big game, the Broadway show or the stadium concert? Why not take a charter bus full of fellow fans! It's also ideal for festivals, rallies and other happenings.
Make Your Long Island Charter Bus Rental Reservations Today
At US Coachways, we offer more than 30 years of experience to groups looking to take advantage of the many features and benefits of charter bus travel. To get a free quote on a charter bus excursion to Long Island, go to our convenient and easy-to-use online Contact form. To learn more about the full range of services we provide, call us at 1-855-287-2427 and speak to one of our experienced customer service representatives.