The spirit of Carnival (known as Mardi Gras in the United States), first celebrated in Mobile, Alabama in 1703, is alive and well in this fun-loving city along the Gulf Shore. Take a stroll along Dauphin Street, where things are always jumping, day or way into the night. Walk along the water and see the classic ships that pay homage to Mobile's importance in maritime history. Enjoy classic Southern cuisine with a bit of a world influence or marvel at some of the oldest and best-preserved homes and architectural wonders in the United States.
There's much to do in Mobile, but to see most of it, you'll have to spend a lot of time behind the wheel. There's a better way to enjoy the grace, charm, hospitality and vibrant life in Mobile—in the comfort and luxury of a charter bus from US Coachways.
The Many Reasons to See Mobile by Charter Bus
You want a sure-fire way to earn the adulation of your group—book a charter bus rental to take you to, around and back home from Mobile. Here are some of the many outstanding benefits of traveling on a charter bus:
- You'll have unmatched flexibility — Can you think of any other mode of travel that lets you decide when and where you'll go, how long you'll stay there and what you'll see? Is there another form of transportation that lets you make last minute or even real-time changes to your itinerary? With a charter bus, your trip will truly be a "one of a kind" experience.
- You'll be safe and secure — On a charter bus, you'll have a professional behind the wheel at all times. In addition, because there's only one way on and off the coach, you can easily monitor comings and goings, and won't have any unwanted visitors.
- You can depend on a charter bus — Delays and cancellations are fairly typical with other modes of travel. Consider air travel—more than 800,000 airline passengers arrive late somewhere every single day. With a charter bus, it's easy to find a replacement coach, should you experience mechanical problems. In addition, your driver will have access to the tools and technology to learn of potential traffic problems and find alternate routes to get you to your destination on time.
- A charter bus lets everyone relax — On a charter bus, you won't have to designate a navigator or a time-keeper. Everyone can enjoy the entire trip, letting the driver get you to your destination in a timely manner. You won't have any concerns about missed connections or lost luggage, either. You'll be on the same coach for the entire trip and you'll always know exactly where your bags are. There's no TSA security checkpoint on a charter bus, so keep your shoes on and bring the whole bottle of shampoo. You won't have to put your phone on "bus mode," either—you can stay connected at all times.
- You'll ride in comfort — The seats are wider than any other mode of transportation, with more leg room as well. There's no middle seat, either. The aisles are spacious and you'll never be told to stay in your seat.
- A charter bus lets you enjoy the benefits of the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lane so you don't spend unnecessary time stuck in traffic.
- Charter bus travel is cost-effective — On a charter bus, you'll share many of the costs of travel with fellow passengers. That' typically makes charter one of the most affordable ways to travel.
- Charter buses let you go green — When you all ride together on a charter bus, that's fewer private cars on the roads. That reduces the carbon impact on the planet.
At US Coachways, we bring more than 30 years of experience to people nationwide who have questions about charter bus travel. Visit our onlineCost Calculator to get a free quote on a charter bus trip to Mobile. Call one of our customer service agents at 1-855-287-2427 for more information.
You'll Make Memories in Mobile
Mobile epitomizes the elegance and carefree ambience of the deep South, but don't think you won't have plenty to keep you fully entertained and engaged:
- The museums — Mobile is proud of its culture and heritage, and offers visitors a number of great museums to learn about the city and its history. The GulfQuest National Maritime Museum of the Gulf of New Mexico, on the riverfront in the downtown area, features more than 90 interactive exhibits, as well as a full-sized replica of the SS McLean, a container ship. The USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park and Museum, on Mobile Bay, includes a real submarine, bombers and fighter planes, and a river patrol boat used in Vietnam. The Mobile Carnival Museum pays homage to three centuries of Mardi Gras in the city, with art, costumes and other memorabilia. The Mobile Museum of Art features collections from around the world, including significant works from Africa and Asia.
- Beach life — Folks throughout Alabama simply refer to the Mobile area and the surrounding communities as "the beach." Though there are no Gulf Coast beaches in the city proper (it's at the northwest corner of Mobile Bay), you can be at a sugar sand beach in less than an hour. At Dauphin Island, a little over half an hour south, you can swim, fish, kayak, surf, paddleboard or enjoy great shopping and dining. Orange Beach, about an hour east, offers a laid-back vibe, with lots of open-air watering holes and seafood shacks.
- The food — With Mobile Bay and the Gulf just outside the back door, this is the place for fresh seafood (and lots of it!). From bayside seafood shanties to fine dining, from crab, conch and gulf shrimp to oysters and the whiskered Black Drum fish, you can spend your whole trip eating out of the coastal waters. But there's much more to Mobile's culinary scene. With fertile southern farmland nearby, farm to table is well-developed here. It's the South, of course, so you'll find low country, Cajun and Creole, French influences and barbeque—everything from shrimp and grits to pulled pork, neon pink hot dogs to catfish biscuits, fried green tomatoes to Etouffee.
- The architecture — One of the earliest European settlements along the Gulf Coast (the city was founded in 1702), Mobile is rich with history. Many of the homes and buildings from colonial French Louisiana still stand here. Many of the commercial structures in downtown Mobile date from the 1700s and the Oakleigh and De Tonti Square historic districts feature block after block of historic homes, churches and other artifices.
A Charter Bus—Perfect for Any Travel to Mobile
The many benefits of a charter bus make it an excellent choice for any type of outing, including:
- Business or corporate travel — Mobile is a great place to take your employees, whether it's to a conference or convention, team-building exercise, training, business meeting or company celebration. With a charter bus, you can use the travel time productively, prepping team members, debriefing or letting folks break the ice.
- Family gatherings — With a charter bus, family members will safely to and from any special event, whether it's a wedding, rehearsal dinner, engagement party, reunion, bar mitzvah, graduation open house or birthday/anniversary/retirement celebration. On the way there and back, you can catch up with family members.
- School excursions — There's an elevated sense of responsibility when you're escorting students anywhere. You'll appreciate the safety and accountability of a charter bus, whether you're going to an athletic event, a club or class trip, or a cultural or arts offering.
- Special events — The best way to enjoy a big concert, game, Broadway show, festival or rally—with like-minded people. With a charter bus, you can focus on why you're going to Mobile, and let someone else worry about all the logistics.
- Church outreach — Whether it's community volunteer work, a mission trip, a choir tour, a youth group outing or just plain old fellowship, a charter bus lets you travel in style.
We'll Help You Find the Ideal Coach for Your Group
There's no question about it—the perfect way to enjoy all that Mobile has to offer is with a charter bus rental from US Coachways. But choosing charter is just the first step—for a great trip, it's just as important to work with your booking agent to get the right bus for your group.
At US Coachways, because of our extensive network of charter bus service providers nationwide, we have access to a vast fleet of vehicles. We'll carefully consider your needs—how many people are traveling, how long you'll be on the road, and what you'll need to bring or take home. Then we'll work closely with our vendors to find the right coach for you.
If you're heading to Mobile with a mid-sized group, you'll like the mini-bus. It seats 24 to 35 comfortably and has plenty of storage space for personal items and souvenirs. If you are traveling with a larger group, you'll definitely want the full-sized bus, with accommodations for up to 57. Multiple buses are always an option, so bring as many people as you want.
Most of the buses have a number of modern conveniences as standard features. You can expect Wifi, DVD players, stereo and PA systems and charging ports for your devices on almost every bus. Additional amenities, including on-board bathroom facilities, are available on select coaches. The options vary, so check with your booking agent for availability.
Make Your Charter Bus Reservation for Mobile Today
At US Coachways, we have unparalleled experience successfully helping groups and group leaders secure safe, reliable and comfortable ground transportation to destinations across the United States. For a free quote on a charter bus trip to Alabama's Azalea City, go to our easy-to-use online Cost Calculator. To learn more about the ways we can assist you with your group travel plans, call 1-855-287-2427 to speak to an experienced customer service agent.