Book US Coachways - The Bayonne, NJ Charter Bus Company You Can Count On
Endless Number of Scenic Walkways, Ferry Rides and Kid-Friendly Attractions in Bayonne, NJ
Bayonne is a peninsula in New Jersey that shares much commonality and physical borders with Port New Jersey and Port New York. It sits on the east of Newark and west of Brooklyn, one of New York’s largest cities. In fact, Bayonne is only a ferry ride away from New York’s Staten Island. Traditionally, Bayonne relied heavily on its manufacturing and distribution industry and because of its connectivity to both Port New York and Port New Jersey, a large part of that tradition remains intact.
There are therefore, world class attractions are only a short charter bus drive away from this New Jersey peninsula. It, however, has its own awesome historical landmarks to boasts of too, in its own backyard. You can take the charter bus around to take pictures of the fourth longest steel arch bridge in the world, the Bayonne Bridge. Its record is unbeaten. Also, don’t forget to make a short stop at other iconic landmarks like Bergen Point, Constable Hook Cemetery (the city’s highest point), Havensack RiverWalk (a scenic walkway) and Hudson River Waterfront Walkway, all symbolic to the residents of Bayonne.
With an endless number of gorgeous beaches, ports, fishing destinations, and scenic walkways offering wonderful views of Manhattan, New York, Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty, Bayonne is an ideal place for group events like corporate functions, wedding receptions, birthday parties, bachelor or bachelorette parties, business meetings, school field trips, church outings or your organizations team-building efforts. US Coachways will make a good ground transportation partner for these events, so, if you are looking for a reliable and professional company that can bring you the right charter bus, coach charter, party bus, mini bus, school bus, wedding or prom limousine, airport transfer or other modern luxury vehicle, give US Coachways a call to find out more about our affordable bus rental packages.
Tips and Tricks on How to Make the Most of your Time in Bayonne, NJ
The best way to visit as many interesting and exciting points of interest in Bayonne is to be prepared. Get suggestions from people who have been here and know their way around. Read on for more tips and tricks from our helpful travel writers.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — There are quite a number of kid-friendly establishments in downtown Bayonne but one of the best attractions for kids would have to be Staten Island Children’s Museum. This famous tourist attraction has four floors of exhibits for young kids to explore and it helps educate and encourage young minds and test their artistic experiences about bugs and simple acts of working with tools, putting on a skit and creating their own artwork...something they can be proud of. Indoor karting is quickly becoming one of the most popular games in the country and when you are within Jersey City, make it a point to bring the charter bus around to Pole Position Raceway, a short 10 minutes drive away from Bayonne. This is where you let your hair down and your inner child take over. Kids will also get to experience the same adrenaline rush...they are professionally guided for balancing safety, speed and fun on the raceways. The junior karts can reach nearly 45 miles per hour. The facility is a result of millions of dollars in investment in go kart technology and Europe-made go karts. Rest assured that these high-performance go karts are fast but safe.
- Art & Cultural — Snug Harbor Cultural Center is a cultural center, museum and important American landmark in Staten Island. Visitors are encouraged to explore its 3 beautiful gardens, learn something new about its music hall which has hosted countless performances over the years, find out more about the exhibition on the topic of visual arts, pay tribute at the Veteran’s Memorial Hall and other activities. This attraction’s amenities are periodically rented out for both public and private events. Learning about art, natural science and history is a breeze when you make a charter bus visit to the Staten Island Museum on Stuyvesant Place; it is home to more than 500,000 exhibits collected over the years since it opened to the public in 1881.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Be it clothing, books, shoes, accessories, gifts, personal souvenirs or bags, you can easily get your hands on them from many charming stores located in Bayonne’s towns and communities. Visitors can also do their shopping in department stores like TJ Mazz where most daily essentials, clothes, books and accessories can be found. If you are inspired by all the artwork after visiting Staten Island’s art museums, you can get art supplies and materials from Michaels on Bayonne Crossing Way. It offers some really hard-to-find materials and supplies. For bargain buys, you can check out Highways on Hobart Avenue or quickly browse through a wide selection of affordably-priced bargains from Walgreens on Broadway. When all the shopping is done, check out Cafe Talya for smooth Mediterranean and traditional American dishes, visit El Aguila Dorada Restaurant on Broadway for delectable Mexican food and drinks, try the Valentine Roll or Snow Roll offered by Volcano Japanese Cuisine and sometimes, there is no better pizza than a wood-fired one. For the last one, try Wild Wood Fired Pizza in Bayonne’s downtown city center. Looking for something unique and authentic? Bring your group of travelers to Teddy’s Place which is a Middle Eastern and Greek diner.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – If catching the latest game is your cup of tea, book your seats for the game of your life at Richmond County Bank Ballpark, also locally known as the Staten Island Yankees Stadium. The ballpark is only a short ferry ride away and you get to see the stunning Manhattan skyline during the game. The attraction has been turned into event venues for birthday parties, trade shows, exhibitions, corporate functions and other types of celebrations when there isn’t a game going on. Sitting on the northern most tip of the island, the ballpark is home to Staten Island Yankees, New York Yankees, New York Storm Pro Cricket team and the Wagner College Seahawks Baseball. Prudential Center is more than just a sporting arena for the people of Newark, it is a significant and iconic landmark. For over 200 years, it has been hosting countless events, games and festivals all year round. The park is home to New Jersey Devils and Seton Hall basketball team.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Being in close proximity to some of New York’s famous attractions has its benefits. When you visit Bayonne, you will gain easy access to sites like The Struggle Against World Terrorism Memorial, Staten Island Ferry, Liberty State Park, Ellis Island, and many more which are a stone’s throw away in a charter bus. Don’t miss the chance to catch site of the inspiring and touching structure called The Struggle Against World Terrorism on The Peninsula at Bayonne Harbor which is dedicated to the victims and those affected by 911 events. The tear-like structure is reflective against the gorgeous NY and Manhattan skyline. Taking The Staten Island Ferry is quite an experience in itself; travelers will get to enjoy amazing view, food and drinks at reasonable prices on board. When visiting the Statue of Liberty, make a stop at the Liberty State Park too. It sits on the New York Harbor, approximately 2,000 feet from the base of Statue of Liberty. The park had an important role to play in New Jersey and New York’s bustling metropolis, as well as the history of America. The Statue of Liberty calls Ellis Island home and it is one of the country’s biggest pride. Be sure to check out Immigration Museum to learn about the history of American Immigration.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — The residents of Bayonne are blessed to have so many accessible wide open spaces and the most outdoor attractions are Bayonne Park, The Bridge Skate Park, Watson Adventure Scavenger Hunt and Big Bear Ziplines. You can visit Bayonne Park for a relaxing walk, make use of the basketball courts, baseball fields, gazebo and playground during the weekends or visit when the Cherry Blossoms are blooming. It is also known as the Stephen R. Gregg Park. Visitors looking for some skating action can find it at The Bridge Skatepark. The different obstacle courses makes it fun for kids and grownup alike. For more adventurous activities, try Watson Adventures Scavenger Hunt for a family outing or Big Bear Ziplines for a zipling adventure across woodlands, hay fields and the historical Hyde Park.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Bring little kids to the Staten Island Zoo which features animals like foxes, owls, birds, monkeys, emus, lynxes and other rare animal species. It also offers other amenities like a fun children’s center, pony rides for everyone, a modern auditorium and also a cafe you can relax in when you are tired. The zoo is the first zoo in the country to actually feature all 32 snake species from all around the United States.
Renting a Charter Bus from US Coachways in Bayonne is Affordable, Easy and Convenient
In fact, US Coachways has made finding and renting a charter bus in a New Jersey city like Bayonne easy, online and budget-friendly....all thanks to our wide network of charter bus owners, operators, dispatchers, drivers and experienced staff. Get in touch with us at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or contact us via our online request form.