Budget-Friendly Charter Bus Rental Services in New Jersey’s Camden
It is Time to Explore Camden’s Historical Landmarks, Entertainment Centers and Aquariums
Camden is located within Camden county in the state of New Jersey and physically sits across Delaware River from the city of Philadelphia. Hence, if you are a traveler, it is possible for you find affordable alternative accommodation in Camden instead of investing in a costlier hotel stay in downtown Philadelphia. Some of Camden’s neighborhoods includes Cooper Point, Cramer Hill, Liberty Park, Morgan Village, Bergen Square, Ablett Village, Central Waterfront, Parkside, Whitman Park, Rosedale, just to name a few.
Camden boasts of numerous hotspots that are popular with tourists, vacationers and avid travelers. Some of the city’s most popular tourist attractions are South Camden Theater Company, Adventure Aquarium, Camden Waterfront, Susquehanna Bank Center, Campbell’s Field, Battleship New Jersey, Walt Whitman’s House and Tomb. As you can see, whether you wish to catch a baseball game or enjoy a good show in this quaint New Jersey city, there is always something fun waiting for you to do.
Some of our charter bus rental customers are event planners and wedding organizers who are consistently looking for an event venue to hold a birthday party, wedding celebration, prom night, anniversaries, corporate functions like a promotional tour, church outing, field trip or other forms of group events. Give US Coachways a call right now and let us help you find the most affordable charter bus, coach charter, mini bus, school bus, party bus, wedding or prom limousine, airport transfer or other ground transportation for your event.
Get the Basics about Camden’s Most Popular Tourist Attractions
We know time is of essence when it comes to traveling in a group and in order to save time, why not read on below about some suggestions and points of interest that you might want to check out in the charter bus during your visit?
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Looking for affordable and fun entertainment while visiting Camden, New Jersey? Why not check out what is showing South Camden Theater Company. You can easily find this prominent theater on Jasper Street, strategically-located in the heart of Camden’s downtown district. It promises to deliver the best, most professional classics and original shows right at its residents’ own backyard. In a way, the theater was handed down from one generation of artistic family to another. During and after World War II, the place provided a relaxing space for hardworking shipbuilders who, later, turned into regulars. Today, it is so much more than that. So, if you have some free time and would like to check out the local talent shows, bring the charter bus to this attraction for a quick stop.
- Art & Cultural — For those who are looking for a good venue for just about any event, be it a wedding reception, corporate function or an exhibition space, Susquehanna Bank Center has much to offer in terms of space, facilities, amenities and....not forgetting, a breathtaking view of Philadelphia’s gorgeous skyline at night. The venue is located on Harbour Boulevard right beside Camden Waterfront and south of Adventure Aquarium and it has been said that this landmark location attracts more than half a million concert goers every year. Its venue also features a spacious and well-maintained outdoor amphitheater which can seat up to nearly 25,000 people for any musician’s concert or tour. The indoor theater, in the meantime, can accommodate up to 7,000 people at any event.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Most shopping expeditions can be done in neighboring Philadelphia which is located only slightly more than 10 minutes drive away in the charter bus. It is, however, is easy to find family-run, quaint and charming stores in the heart of Camden’s various neighborhoods. Often times, you can find memorable things from local stores, as opposed to a large shopping mall. Eating out and fine dining is never a problem for travelers in charter bus because the locals are extremely passionate about their food culture too. For example, you can take your time sampling some soul food provided by Corine’s Place on Haddon Avenue or grab a quick sandwich while on the move from Donkey’s Place, sit down, relax and do some people-watching from Friend’s Cafe on Friends Street, delight your senses with some local street food from Black Eyed Susan’s Breakfast and Lunch, get some Italian food and pizza from Market Street Pizzeria and Italian Bistro and don’t forget to try out the exotic Vietnamese fanfare from Cafe and Salad Works.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – If you are looking for an adventurous time cheering on the local baseball team, join in the fun that is always present at Campbell’s Field. This sporting arena is at Delaware Avenue in downtown Camden; you can expect electrifying atmosphere at its intimate venue. Campbell’s Field is a 6,500-seater baseball park hosts games by Camden Riversharks and Rutgers University-Camden college baseball teams. It is an added bonus that charter bus visitors to the park can also catch site of Benjamin Franklin bridge which connects Camden to Philadelphia, right across the Delaware River.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — While it is true that most of the prominent historical landmarks can be found across the river in Philadelphia, there are quite a number of educational and inspiring historical landmarks in Camden too. One of them would have to be Battleship New Jersey. Bring the rented charter bus to Battleship Place on Camden waterfront for a guided tour that will let you have a better understanding about many of the ship’s features. This is one of the country’s most decorated battleships which has been turned into an exciting museum with daily guided tours for visitors and foreign tourists alike. Fancy spending the night in this museum? The option is open. Guests often find it inspiring because, at the museum, they will get the chance to sit in the very chair that Admiral Halsey used to command from. Discover how to work a 16” gun turret or how to load projectiles on the ship. For first time visitors, taking the charter bus to historically significant sites like The Independence National Historical Park is a must - you can check out sites like Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, Benjamin Franklin Museum, City Tavern, Congress Hall and much, much more. After all, many of these sites are a short drive away in Philadelphia. On the local front, try visiting both Walt Whitman’s House and Tomb to get a better understanding about this motivating American poet. His works continue to touch hearts and inspire great ambitions all around the world. So, if you are a fan, be sure to add this attraction to your ‘must-see’ places in Camden. The home is humble for a man of his stature and his cemetery is calming and serene. Call ahead of time if you wish to get a tour around his home; tour hours are often arranged ahead of schedule. Those who love historic buildings and iconic structures will fall in love with places like St. Joseph Polish Catholic Church and Sacred Heart Church. St. Joseph’s Parish’s Baroque-style designed was masterminded by Philadelphia architect George I. Lovatt. Both churches continue to be active, serving various families from different neighboring communities.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — For those who are looking for outdoor locations for gatherings, organize a group trip out to Campden Children’s Garden or Ulysses Wiggins Waterfront Park. Camden Children’s Garden which is located on Riverside Drive was designed specifically for children to discover nature in the four-acre garden. It features exhibits that encourages creative and imaginative hands-on activities. Don’t forget to stop by the 1,200 square feet butterfly sanctuary before leaving. Ulysses Wiggins Waterfront Park has sloping and grassy lawns for that lazy weekend afternoon where families spend precious time with their loved ones. There is sometimes entertainment at the Marina stage. The residents love to hang out, eat from various food vendors, people-watch, enjoy music, look at the Philadelphia skyline or help out volunteers who are carrying out charitable work around the area.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Camden residents are blessed to have two wonderful places to bring their kids to when they are bored and they are Adventure Aquarium near the city’s waterfront and New Jersey State Aquarium. Both attractions are incredible places to check out in town so, if you have kids with you on the trip to Camden, don’t forget to make short pit stops.
Working with a Professional Charter Bus Rental Company to Save Time and Money
Instead of doing price comparison, calling and checking for bus rates in Camden on your own, let US Coachways’ trained professionals help you find the charter bus for your event. We work with a wide network of charter bus owners, operators, drivers and dispatchers. Give us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER to find out more about our services or send us an email via our Contact Us form and we will get right back to you with a cost estimate.