Guarantee a Safe, Comfortable and Affordable Ride in East Orange, NJ
Discover a Whole New World in East Orange You Never Knew Existed
Very few people know of the fact that Orange was once a part of Newark and was also previously known as ‘Newark Mountains’. The city was established and got its current name in 1780. Because of its central location that borders various other cities, it became a quick stopover and a thoroughfare for travelers, which translates into hotels and motels around the city. Orange was also called the ‘hat-making’ capital of the United States of America and a fair percentage of the residents were involved. Before beer-making was prohibited in the city, Orange was an industry leader too.
It is true that Orange may not have the biggest malls, largest parks or the most modern stages and theaters in New Jersey, it, however, is strategically-located, sitting in the middle of many other counties, communities and thriving cities. For example, visitors will get the chance to catch the latest movies at AMC Dine-in Theaters, discover a whole new world of art with a visit to either The Montclair Art Museum or Newark Museum, go shopping at Brick Church Shopping Mall, visit the Edison National Historic Site and Thomas Edison National Historic Park to learn about this famous inventor, organize a weekend outing to Van Vleck House and Gardens, or go ice skating in Edgemont Memorial Park during winter.
Most mentioned historic sites and landmark locations are suitable for group events like birthday dinners, bachelor or bachelorette party, wedding receptions, anniversaries, corporate functions, business meetings, church outing, school field trips and other large and small group events alike. If you are looking for a reliable and professional charter bus rental company in East Orange and its surrounding communities, give US Coachways a call right now and we will help connect you with all the right people and vehicle.
Travel Tips and Ideas about Visiting East Orange, NJ
There are so many valuable, fun and exciting places and points of interest that you have access to when you visit East Orange. Here are some useful tips and suggestions to help you decide which attraction you may want to include in your itinerary.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — There are countless entertainment outlets, retail stores, bars and night spots in the middle of East Orange but one of the most frequently-visited ones would be AMC Dine-in Theaters Essex Green 9 on Prospect Avenue in West Orange. It provides residents and visitors with a very unique, comfortable and stylish entertainment option where they can relax and enjoy the latest from Hollywood and also, not forgetting, some of the best indie projects from all around the world. It also provides guests with a large number of food and drink options for them to enjoy while watching a movie with their loved ones.
- Art & Cultural — Located a short drive away from East Orange are two of the most attractive art and cultural landmarks in New Jersey and they are the Newark Museum and Montclair Art Museum. The Montclair Art Museum is located on South Mountain Avenue and has been said to be the best art museum in Essex County, New Jersey. This community-based organization has rightfully earned a name in the International art scene for having a large collection of American and Native art. Visitors can also be a part of the museum’s many efforts to promote young and aspiring artists and performers and to create an awareness to its schools, colleges, Universities. The museum is open from Wednesday to Sunday from 12pm to 5pm. Watch out for special programs from October to June every year. Newark Museum is one of the largest museum of its kind in New Jersey. You can easily find this historical attraction on Washington Street in downtown Newark. Its exhibits include a vast collection of American, decorative and contemporary art from regions like Asia, Africa and historical paintings. Visitors are encouraged to learn more about its regular exhibits like Arts of Global Africa, American Art, Arts of the Americas, Museum Garden, Earth: Revealing Natures Secrets, Generation Fit, Look/Touch/Learn: Tibet and several others. People visit Newark Museum, sometimes, to take advantage of The Planetarium and the Planetarium Gallery set too.
- Restaurant & Shopping — The people of East Orange are passionate about dining and shopping - as much as the next visitor! If you are looking around for daily essential items, clothing, electrical outlets and famous brands, head over to Brick Church Shopping Mall on Main Street in downtown East Orange. Another option is to bring the charter bus around to Sussex Shopping Center on Sussex Avenue. Of course, if you are looking for specialty shoes, many visitors have only good things to say about shopping at Payless ShoeSource #4848 on Central Avenue. As mentioned, East Orange locals like to have a good number of options when it comes to dining out. The city features many types of restaurants, cafes and diners for you to choose from. You can head over to Limin’s Cafe for affordable Caribbean cuisine, grab some good old chicken wings and sandwiches on the run from America’s Best Wings and Subs on Harrison Street, dine in at People’s Choice Restaurant on Central Avenue, try some refreshing Southern dishes at B’s Southern Cuisine or try the famous waffles and wings at Bruno’s Fried Chicken and Waffles on South Orange Avenue.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — History lovers who are visiting the city for the first time and would like to learn more about New Jersey’s history and culture can make their way to Edison National Historic Site in West Orange. This attraction, together with Thomas Edison National Historic Park are two of the most eye-opening historic centers in the state of New Jersey. Edison National Historic site holds more than 300,000 items belonging to Thomas Edison, the city’s world-famous inventor and a local businessman. In the 20,000 square feet attraction contains Thomas Edison’s home, laboratory, Main Building, Chemistry Lab and other interesting exhibits. Before touring the 3-story building, watch a 20-minute introductory film to know what to expect from this attraction during the guided tour. For more tours, you can also try Watson Adventures Scavenger Hunts which gives touring the city a little bit of a twist to make it more fun for visitors. They also offer private and corporate tours, as well as team-building programs.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Van Vleck House and Gardens is located in neighboring Montclair; you can view the gardens together with your loved ones while enjoying unique programs tailored for adults, children and those with special interest. The park is open all year round. For those who enjoy being around a lake should bring the charter bus to Edgemont Memorial Park. The park measures approximately 15.5 acres and is often used by locals for activities like walking, biking, jogging, running and ice skating. Do you have a free weekend and are looking for a calming and relaxing green space in the city? That place would be Anderson Park. Organize a group outing with a charter bus for a picnic or head over after a busy tour around the city for some people-watching. Brookdale Park is where people would come to for games like baseball, tennis, football, soccer or a simple game of frisbee with their loved ones. Do visit the park if you are looking for a well-maintained playground for young children, a park to walk your dog or have a love for rose gardens. Greenwood Gardens, in the meantime, is a peaceful retreat, away from busy city life. It is a 28-acre garden surrounded by the environment’s natural beauty. Visitors can explore the delicate Italianate Garden, get involved in the arts and craft era, walk amongst towering trees while being surrounded by meadows, ponds and woodlands. It is perfect for all types of activities including a family day out, school outing or a romantic escapade.
- Other Points of Interest — If the adrenaline junkie in you is calling out for adrenaline rush? Then the place to visit is Bane Haunted House in Livingston, New Jersey. The tour is orchestrated by actors who are ever ready to scare visitors with all types of antics. They employ a more kid-friendly tactic for young children called Happily Haunted so, if you have a kid event coming up, check them out.
Take Action Now - Reserve an Affordable and Reliable Charter Bus From US Coachways in East Orange
All it takes is a few steps and a couple of minutes to reserve your very own charter bus, coach charter, mini bus, party bus, school bus, limousine or airport transfer in East Orange, New Jersey. Give us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER and speak to our customer service consultants, make full use of our state-of-the-art online bus reservation system or send us a request for a quote via our Contact Us page. We look forward to hearing from you soon.