Minden is Where you Would Want to do Some Skydiving, Play Casino Games and Visit Water Parks
Make your Trip to Historical Minden, NV, in the Comfort of the Charter Bus
The charming city of Minden was founded in 1906 by Heinrich Friedrich Dangberg Jr. and it was named after a German State which is a place near where his father was born. All the city had at the time was the Dangberg Home Ranch and the various buildings that Dangberg commissioned, including a post office. The residents benefited from being in close proximity to U.S. Highway 395 (which runs through Minden) and State Route 88. The Douglas Campus is located in Western Nevada College in downtown Minden. Minden is also one of the few cities in Nevada which was fully mapped out before it underwent massive developments, hence, the city’s neat streets and buildings are easily navigated. The city’s development took nearly 40 years from 1906 to 1940 and throughout the time, Minden was a getaway city for many celebrities, well-known politicians and public figures, including Clark Gable and Jean Harlow. The city enjoyed a population growth and massive development throughout the mid-1970s. Based on the location alone which is on high grounds with proper natural drainage and irrigation system, it is considered one of the most beautiful and charming cities in Nevada and for those who are interested in the city’s history, there’s one place for that and it is the Minden Historical Society. Minden was chosen as the city to shoot films like Chicken Every Sunday, The Wizard and Charley Varrick and it is the birthplace of public figure and sportsmen like Shawn Estes, Donald E. Bently, songwriter and producer Nicholas Furlong and author David Derek Stacton.
With a charter bus from US Coachways, you can easily organize a weekend outing with your family and friends at an attraction like Wild Island, a famous local water park and recreation center or have a birthday, bachelor or bachelorette party at Harvey’s Arcade. Tahoe Ridge Winery and Marketplace is the perfect place for wedding celebrations and social gatherings and if you love history, bring the charter bus to Mormon Station State Historic Park to learn about the city, engage with the people of Skydive Lake Tahoe or SoaringNV for the adventure of your lifetime and then enjoy LIVE entertainment and casino games at an attraction like Harveys Casino before your trip is over. The trip will be more meaningful and memorable if you had a charter bus, party bus, school bus, mini bus, van, coach, corporate car or other types of convenient ground transportation as you have the option of enjoying the ride while being personally and professionally driven to all the attractions. Give us a call right now to find out more about our budget-friendly bus rental services!
It’s All about Thrilling Adventures, Hot Air Balloon Rides and Trips to Recreation Centers
Regardless of whether you like an outdoor adventure, a relaxing picnic at the park or a thrilling skydiving experience, they are all here for you to enjoy and experience with your family and friends. Below, please find a summary of interesting points of interest in and around Minden, NV!
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Visitors to Minden will get to enjoy both adult and kids-related indoor and outdoor activities and they range from fun waterparks to brightly-lit casinos. Sharkey’s Nugget is both a historical attraction as well as a favorite casino for the locals in the region. The slots are hot favorites as well. The main draw at Harveys Casino, located a short thirty minutes drive away in Stateline, is its rare open-air concept which allows for greater comfort for its patrons. Any time is a good time to make a trip to one of the region’s most popular water park, Wild Island, in Sparks. People will get to enjoy activities like mini golfing, bowling, go-karting as well as a spacious and well-maintained waterpark. Visitors will also get to enjoy the arcade games and toddler jungle gym at Harvey’s Arcade (located within the lower ground floor of Harvey’s Lake Tahoe Hotel and Casino), bowling nights and fine dining at the traditional bowling amenities provided by Carson Lanes, mini golfing and arcade games at Magic Carpet Golf or grab some popcorn for the latest movie installment at Ironwood Stadium Cinema 8.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Minden boasts of a thriving night and dining scene so, you can expect a huge melting pot of cultures and lifestyle options in its city center. There are delicious cajun and creole at I’d Eat There, yummy sandwiches, traditional cuisine and burgers at Minden Meat and Deli, unique cocktails and steaks at Saletti’s Restaurant and Bar, traditional Southern American cuisine for those of you who are from out of town at Cowboy’s Cafe and delicious Mexican meals offered by an establishment like La Hacienda del Sazon. Don’t forget to also make your way to Tahoe Ridge Winery and Marketplace where there is a wide range of wines and a large selection of dishes for lunch and dinner or check out Nevada Ugly for finely crafted beer and cocktails.
- Golf & Sports — The residents are ardent supporters of sports of all types and it includes golf, swimming, tennis and community dance events. The Carson Valley Golf Course has been around since 1965. The attraction is surrounded by beautiful tall cottonwood trees and is located very near to Carson River while Genoa Lakes Golf Club features two very distinctive courses on its grounds, The Lakes Course and The Resort Course. For beginners and intermediate level golfers, give the easier 14-hole Lakes Course a shot but if you are up for a challenge, head on over to the Resort Course instead. Tennis tournaments are routinely held at Bearclaw Tennis Instruction as it is owned and run by competitive USPTA professional tennis player, Derek Barraclough. There are private classes as well as group clinics. You can also cool off with a swim at Carson Valley Swim Center, learn new tumbling tricks, cheerleading and martial arts at Sierra Adrenaline Cheer and Tumbling or check out the fitness and wellness programs organized by the Douglas Park and Rec in Gardnerville.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Without a smidgen of doubt, the biggest and most historical attraction in the city of Minden is the Dangberg Home Ranch Historic Park. It is, after all, home to the city’s founder and original settler. Visiting the home and ranch will give guests a clear glimpse into what life was like before the city was developed as it maintains most of its original furniture and designs. There’s also a treasure trove of information to be found within the walls of Mormon Station State Historic Park; it is surrounded by lush greenery, has a well-equipped museum, countless historic structures, log homes and monuments. There’s both a historical museum and culture center in Carson Valley Museum and Cultural Center; the attraction focuses on celebrating, preserving and enhancing the act of educating the young about local history and culture of Carson Valley and the state of Nevada and in its cultural center, you will find a chronologically-arranged timeline depicting how the city was like from the time Native Americans lived in the region to early settlers and right down to the Wild West era. If you love history, be sure to make your way to Genoa Courthouse Museum which is located along an old Pony Express route and the Masonic Lodge - Douglas 12 which is a picturesque building that was built way back in 1868. Masonic Lodge has been used as a backdrop for various movies.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Minden is also known as a central location for soaring and skydiving activities so, when you are in town and if you have ‘skydiving’ listed on your bucket list, maybe it is time check that off with a skydiving adventure with establishments like Skydive Lake Tahoe or SoaringNV. The adventure will take patrons for a tandem freefall parachute skydive with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and Sierra Nevada Mountains. The soaring activities has also been said to be inexpensive and exhilarating. But that’s not all there is to it - for those who prefer something more family-friendly, try a hot air balloon ride with the people of Balloon Nevada in Gardnerville. The hot air balloon ride will take visitors out and up into the air early in the morning over Carson Valley, giving people an unprecedented view of the area as the sun rise up to meet the day. You can also go for some fly fishing together with Angler’s Edge or bring your family out to Minden Park where there is a large gazebo, walking trails, refreshing and calming wide open space and a concert venue. Other activities you can enjoy is softball, baseball, volleyball or soccer at Lampe Park and horseback riding and the party venues of Sheridan Creek Equestrian Center.
Professional Bus Booking and Management System that you can Completely Count on
US Coachways prides ourselves as a versatile and modern bus rental company that grows with our customers. There are various ways that our customers can contact us and it includes over the phone, via email or completely on-the-go with our state-of-the-art online bus reservation and management system on our website. We look forward to helping you connect to the best vehicles and people that will help make your trip or event a more smooth-sailing one!