Visit the East Bay in Comfort, Style and Convenience
If you're looking to take a group to an urban environment, somewhere with opportunities to experience art, culture, history, music, great food and beverages, but you don't want to spend an arm and a leg, consider a trip to Oakland, California, along the East Bay. It's a bustling community that doesn't take itself too seriously, offering a diverse array of attractions to satisfy just about any taste.
Oakland's a big city, though…you don't want to turn a trip into work by taking on all the responsibility for getting there and back. There's an easier way—go to the East Bay in the comfort and luxury of a charter bus rental from US Coachways.
The Many Reasons to Visit Oakland by Charter Bus
When you're taking a group to Oakland…or anywhere…there's no other mode of transportation that offers the benefits you'll enjoy with a charter bus rental from US Coachways:
- Safety and security — Your driver is a highly trained professional, so you can ride in confidence. In addition, you'll find it easy to keep an eye on your bus—there's only one way on and off. No need to worry about unwanted guests—you and your personal items will be safe and secure.
- Flexibility — What other mode of transportation lets you decide when you'll leave, where you'll depart, when you'll stop, how long you'll stop, how many times you'll stop and when you'll go home. Want to leave early or stay a few hours longer—it's usually not a problem with a charter bus. You may even be able to set up an entire trip at the last minute.
- Reliability — With most other forms of travel, delays and cancelations are just a part of doing business. Not with a charter bus! Your driver has the tools and resources to anticipate traffic challenges and find alternate routes to get you there on time. In addition, because we have strong relationships with charter bus service providers across the country, we can usually find a replacement coach with little difficulty.
- Comfort — You'll have a spacious, high-back bucket seat and more leg room than on any other mode of travel. There's no middle seat, either. The aisles are wide and you are free to wander about at your leisure.
- Truly hassle-free travel — It's not just that you won't have to battle traffic, consult your GPS, check the time or try to find a place to park (your driver will handle those details). You won't have to worry about all those other things that make travel burdensome. There's no TSA security checkpoint, so you won't have to take off your shoes, toss your toiletries or empty your pockets. You'll ride on the same bus from the time you step aboard until you get home, and your luggage will always be with you—no worries about missed connections or lost bags. Your devices won't affect on-board navigational systems, either, so you can stay online at all times.
- More than just a bus — Your coach can serve many purposes, from a meeting place to a quiet respite in the middle of a hectic trip to Oakland.
- The opportunity to take advantage of the high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes — You'll have less risk of sitting in traffic.
- Cost-effectiveness — When you ride on a charter bus, you share many of the costs of travel, making it one of the most affordable ways to go.
- A positive impact on the environment — By sharing a charter bus with others, you'll reduce the number of private vehicles on the roads, lowering carbon emissions.
At US Coachways, we have been industry leaders in the charter bus rental business for more than 30 years. Visit our online Cost Calculator to get a free quote on the cost of a charter bus rental to Oakland. To ask any questions about charter buses, or to learn more about the full scope of our services, call 1-855-287-2427 to talk with a travel consultant.
The East Bay Has Something for Everyone!
In a state with so many great urban centers, Oakland may not be the first one that comes to mind…but it should be right there at the top of your list. Whether it's art, shopping, food (and beverages), music, history or urban landscapes, you'll be on the go from the moment you arrive:
- The food — For many, the truly original Oakland cuisine is soul food, from oyster po' boys and smoked mashed yams to fried chicken and grits, succotash, collard greens and black-eyed peas. You can find classic soul food in almost any part of town, from the Brown Sugar Kitchen in Jack London Square to Lois the Pie Queen in North Oakland. But Oakland has its own Chinatown as well—in fact, many consider it to be much more authentic than its counterpart in San Francisco. It's now a more "pan-Asian" community, with Vietnamese, Cambodian, Thai and Hong Kong culinary influences.
- The adult beverages — There's plenty for beer and wine lovers along the East Bay. The Oakland Ale Trail includes more than 30 purveyors of craft beers and ciders, offering innovative brews in a wide array of styles. There's also the Oakland Urban Wine Trail, where many world-class wines are crafted in renovated warehouses, with grapes sourced from the nearby Sonoma vineyards.
- Visual arts — The UC Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive (BAMPFA) has nearly two dozen exhibits and sponsors more than 400 films every year, in addition to concert performances, lectures and symposia. Visit Oakland on the first Friday of the month and you can enjoy "Art Murmur," with artists, musicians, DJs, dancers and a number of galleries that are open to the public.
- The music — For major concert performers, check the calendar at the historic Fox Theatre, built in 1928. Oakland has long been a haven for jazz musicians, and you'll find a number of intimate clubs serving up world-class musical vibes. The city also has dozens of small venues offering anything from oldies to folk, salsa to funk, and more.
- The shopping — You'll want to bring a suitcase inside a suitcase when you come to Oakland. The Alameda Point Antiques and Collectibles Faire, with over 800 vendors, happens the first Sunday of every month. For unique goods from local merchants, head over to Temescal Alleys or Piedmont Avenue. For the truly eclectic shopping experience, visit Fourth Street, where you'll find earth mothers hawking goods alongside high-end boutiques. No wonder Sunset Magazine calls it "one of the eleven great streets of the West."s
The US Coachways Commitment
At US Coachways, we continually strive to find new and improved ways to meet the needs of our customers. When you book a charter bus with us, you'll appreciate:
- The comprehensive dispatch services we provide at all times, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We have the resources and capability to effectively monitor multiple locations in real-time.
- Our easy-to-use online Trip Management Portal, where you can view invoices, itineraries and other data from all your US Coachways trips in a single location.
- The flexibility that comes from more than three decades in the business—In most instances, we can make last-minute or real-time changes to your travel plans without much difficulty. We can also book entire trips with relatively short notice.
- A dedicated project management team, available throughout your trip, with a single point of contact.
- The best logistical support in the industry—We will help you find the right coach, determine the most efficient times and locations for drop-offs and pickups, anticipate potential road issues and find alternate routes to get you where you need to be when you need to be there.
- Our purchasing power—When you book an average of more than $55 million, like we do at US Coachways, you have the vendor loyalty and local market knowledge to get highly competitive pricing.
At US Coachways, we are also approved by the General Services Administration (GSA) to provide charter bus rentals to the federal government and its agencies and entities, including the armed forces of the United States.
Take a Charter Bus on Any Trip to Oakland
The unmatched reliability, flexibility, comfort, affordability and safety of a charter bus make it a great choice for any outing to the Bay Area:
- Business and company events — Conventions, conferences, workshops, training sessions, seminars, sales and business meetings, team-building activities, golf tournaments, picnics and company parties.
- Family gatherings — Reunions, birthday parties, weddings, graduations, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, bar and bat mitzvahs, anniversaries and retirement parties.
- Church activities — Choir tours, youth and adult fellowship events, retreats, church camp travel, mission trips, local volunteer projects, faith-based conventions and conferences
- Senior citizen and elder travel — Shopping excursions, plays and concerts, historical attractions, museums and galleries, casino nights, fall foliage tours
- School Trips — Athlete and fan travel to sporting events, fraternity and sorority outings, student volunteer efforts, band and orchestra festivals, club and class trips, cultural offerings, graduation and prom after-parties.
- Special events — Bowl games, championship games, motor car races, professional and college sports, cultural and food festivals, public rallies, touring theatrical productions, stadium and pavilion concerts.
We'll Make Sure You Have a Coach That's Right for Your Group
You've done your homework and discovered what more and more people are learning—there's no better way to take a group anywhere than on a charter bus. Now you need to make certain you get a bus that meets your needs—we'll help.
At US Coachways, we'll take the time to learn the details of your outing—how many people will be traveling with you, how long you'll be away from home, what you'll want to bring or take home, or any other special needs of your passengers. Then we'll reach out to our extensive network of charter bus service providers to find the vehicle that's best for your group and your trip.
If you plan to visit Oakland with a small-to-medium-sized group, the mini-bus is a great fit. It comes in different sizes, accommodating anywhere from 24 to 35 people. For larger groups, the full-sized bus is ideal, with room for up to 57 and an on-board bathroom.
All charter buses, with the exception of some school buses, come with plush, high-back bucket seats, climate control, a great sound system and plenty of storage space. Additional conveniences, such as Wifi, DVD players and monitors, electrical outlets, public address systems, hardwood floors and leather seats, may be available for an extra charge. Multiple bus rentals are always an option and ADA-accessible buses can be booked.
Book Your Oakland Charter Bus Excursion Today!
With a charter bus rental from US Coachways, you'll have the experience, insight and savvy that comes from our more than 30 years in the industry. To get a free estimate on the cost of a charter bus rental to Oakland, go to our state-of-the-art online Cost Calculator. You'll get a quote within minutes, as well as a follow-up e-mail. To find out more about the ways we can assist you with ground transportation, or to get answers to any questions about charter bus rentals, call our offices at 1-855-287-2427 and ask for an experienced travel consultant.