Visit the Cradle of the Union in the Comfort and Luxury of a Charter Bus
Looking for a great place to take a group, somewhere with a rich history, a vibrant arts and cultural community, savory culinary offerings, a wide array of retail and specialty stores, and stunning natural vistas? Go to Albany, New York! Known as the Cradle of the Union, where Benjamin Franklin first proposed a confederation of the colonies, it played a pivotal role in the early days of our republic. Nestled in the foothills of the Adirondacks, it offers world-class culture, fine dining, and plenty of indoor and outdoor attractions.
You don't want to turn a trip to this beautiful, bustling city into work. With a charter bus rental from US Coachways, you can relax with everyone else while we handle all the specifics.
No Other Mode of Transportation Offers as Many Benefits as a Charter Bus!
Planning a group trip is a demanding task, with seemingly endless details. One of the most important decisions you'll make—your choice of transportation. You want people to remember the fun they had in Albany, not the difficulties they had on the road. That's why you want to book a charter bus rental from US Coachways:
- Reliability — Did you know that, on average, more than 850,000 air travelers are delayed every single day? That won't happen with a charter bus. Your driver has the capability to anticipate traffic concerns and find alternate routes to your destination. In addition, because of our relationships with charter bus companies nationwide, we can usually get a replacement vehicle without difficulty.
- Affordability—On a charter bus, you'll share most of the costs of travel with other passengers. That consistently makes charter buses one of the most cost-effective ways to take a group anywhere.
- Comfort — The seats are big and luxurious, with more leg room than any other type of travel. There's no middle seat, either! The aisles are easy to navigate and you don't have to stay buckled in your seat for the entire trip.
- Flexibility — You decide when you want to leave, where you want to be picked up, when you want to stop, how long you want to stay and when you want to return. No other mode of transportation gives you that much control. Want to stay an extra day in Albany or leave a bit early—we can usually accommodate changes in your travel plans.
- Safety and Security — There's a reason why the accident rate for charter buses is about one-fifth that of a passenger vehicle—there's a highly trained professional at the wheel. You and your personal items will be safe and secure, too, as there's only one way on and off the bus, so it's easy to monitor who comes and goes.
- It's a truly hands - free way to travel—You won't have to consult your GPS or keep an eye on the clock. You won't need to find a place to park or navigate highway or inner-city traffic. Your driver will handle all those details. You'll be on the same coach throughout your trip, with your bags on board, so you won't have to worry about making connections or losing your luggage. There's no TSA security checkpoint, so you can keep your shoes and belt on. Your devices won't affect navigational systems, either, so you can stay connected at all times.
- You'll have less risk of getting stuck in traffic — On a charter bus, you can take advantage of the HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes
- You'll have more than just a way to get there and back — Your bus can be a great place for some down time during a busy visit to Albany. It's also an ideal forum for a group meeting, whether you're prepping employees for an important meeting, talking strategy before a big game or giving final instructions for a special event.
- You'll have an opportunity to help the planet — With a charter bus, you'll go green, taking a number of personal vehicles off the roads and helping reduce carbon emissions.
At US Coachways, we bring more than 30 years of experience to individuals, businesses, groups and group leaders across the country. Check out our convenient online Cost Calculator for a free estimate of the cost of a charter bus trip to Albany. Call us at 1-855-287-2427 to ask any questions about charter bus rentals or to learn more about the services we offer.
Your Group Will Have a Great Time in Albany!
There's something for just about everyone in Albany:
- History buffs — Back in 1754, delegates from seven colonies (including New York) met in Albany to discuss the idea of a union. The plan discussed and approved at that meeting became the basis for the Articles of Confederation 20 years later and led to the designation of Albany as the "Cradle of the Union" in 1954. Visit the home of Hendrick Quackenbush, an officer in the American Revolution, or take a walking tour of Albany to see other Revolutionary War sites. The Schuyler Mansion and Historic Cherry Hill also offer a glimpse of life at the time of the birth of our nation. You can also see the graves of other prominent figures, including "Uncle Sam," at Oakwood Cemetery.
- Patrons of the arts — Fans of the visual arts will enjoy the Albany Institute of History and Art, the New York State Museum and the University Art Museum, on the campus of SUNY-Albany. The Capital Region, in downtown Albany, offers restored historic theaters, offering local and touring theatrical productions, as well as a range of live music venues. Check out The Egg or the SUNY-Albany Performing Arts Center.
- Foodies — There's a global feel to the capital city's cuisine, with Afghani, Indonesian, Ecuadorean, Bangladeshi, Turkish, Persian, Moroccan, Greek, Caribbean and many more ethnic eateries dotting the landscape. Albany is also a key player in New York's craft beer movement, with some of the state's top breweries, including C.H. Evans and Druthers. Check out the Capital Craft Beverage Trail, with some 40 breweries, cideries or distilleries in the Albany area.
- Shoppers — Retail aficionados won't be disappointed in Albany. For the mega-mall shopping experience, head over to Crossgates, one of the largest shopping centers in the capital area. For one-of-a-kind items, check out the unique emporiums on Lark Street or visit Stuyvesant Plaza.
- Outdoor enthusiasts — Take a hike in the Adirondacks, catch a cruise down the Hudson River, go kayaking at Thompson Lake or venture underground at the Howe Caverns. Albany is prime country for fall foliage tours, too.
Make Certain You Get the Right Coach for Your Group and Your Trip!
A charter bus is always a smart choice for group travel, but it's every bit as important to ensure that you have the best vehicle for your event. At US Coachways, we'll learn as much as we can about your outing—how many people will attend, how long you'll be on the road, any unique items you need to bring or take home, and other special needs of your participants. Then we'll reach out to our vast national network of charter bus vendors to find the ideal coach for you.
If you're visiting Albany with a small-to-midsized group, you'll like the mini-bus, with seating for anywhere from 24 to 35 people. Larger groups will want to book a full-sized bus, with accommodations for up to 57 passengers and an on-board bathroom. Multiple bus rentals are always available, as are ADA-accessible coaches. All charter buses, except for some school buses, come with plush high-back bucket seats, climate control, a great stereo and ample room for personal items. Other modern conveniences, such as Wifi, electrical outlets, DVD players and monitors, P.A. systems, leather seats and hardwood floors, may be included for an extra charge. Check with your booking agent.
The US Coachways Commitment
We built our reputation and business by working constantly to provide the highest levels of service and satisfaction to our customers. When you book your Albany trip with US Coachways, you get the benefits of:
- Our industry-leading logistical support — We pay close attention to all the details, from the selection of the optimal coach to the determination of the best drop-off and pickup times and locations. We'll also keep an eye on the roadways, looking for construction or other factors that may affect your travel.
- Our comprehensive, 24/7 dispatch services — We are available whenever you need us and can manage multiple locations simultaneously
- The US Coachways online Trip Management Portal, a powerful tool that lets you see invoices, itineraries and other information from all your trips on a single website
- Your own dedicated project management team, with a single point of contact, ready and able to assist you throughout your trip
- Our purchasing power — Because we book, on average, more than $55 million in charter bus rentals every year, we have strong relationships with our vendors, as well as a comprehensive knowledge of local markets. That helps us get highly competitive pricing for our customers.
- The flexibility we offer — Because of our access to charter bus service providers nationwide, we can typically make last-minute or real-time modifications to your travel plans without difficulty, or even book an entire outing with short notice.
US Coachways is also a GSA (General Services Administration) approved vendor. We can provide charter bus services to the United States government and its agencies, including the armed forces.
Take a Charter Bus on Any Group Outing to Albany
There's no other mode of transportation that combines the dependability, comfort, affordability, safety and flexibility of a charter bus. That makes it an ideal choice for any trip to Albany, including:
- Family excursions — Weddings, rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, reunions, birthday and anniversary celebrations, graduations, bar and bat mitzvahs, retirement parties and even vacations.
- Business and company travel — Sales meetings, conferences, conventions, training sessions, seminars, workshops, team-building events, employee volunteer projects, golf outings, picnics and holiday parties.
- School Trips — Band and orchestra festivals, team travel, graduation and prom after-parties, student volunteer efforts, fraternity and sorority events, cultural offerings, club and class outings.
- Senior citizen outings — Shopping excursions, casino nights, plays and concerts, museums and historical attractions, fall color tours
- Church transportation needs — Stadium, pavilion and arena concerts, bowl games and championships, college and professional sports, motor car races, food and cultural festivals, touring theatrical productions, public rallies, parades and marches.
- Once-in-a-lifetime events — A big game, a once-in-a-lifetime concert or Broadway show, a festival or a rally—there's no easier way to enjoy a special event than with a group of fellow fans. The best way to get there and back? With a charter bus rental!
Make Your Charter Bus Reservation for Albany Today!
Trust the experience of US Coachways—we've been industry leaders in the charter bus rental business for more than three decades. To find out the estimated cost of a trip to the Cradle of the Union, visit our easy-to-use online Cost Calculator. For answers to any questions about charter bus rentals, or to learn the full scope of our services, call 1-855-287-2427 and ask to speak with an experienced travel consultant.