Enjoy the Old Line State in Style and Comfort—On a Charter Bus
Blue crab…the Chesapeake Bay…the Allegheny Mountains…Fort Henry and Antietam…a thriving arts and cultural scene…the Baltimore Harborfront. Those are just a few of the many reasons to take a group to Maryland. The fall colors are legendary here, but Maryland offers equal time to all four seasons—you'll have a great time in the spring, summer, fall or winter!
But you don't want to spend your time in Maryland glued to your GPS, watching the clock or navigating traffic. With a charter bus rental from US Coachways, you'll be able to take in all the Old Line State has to offer while we handle all the details.
There's No Other Mode of Transportation that Offers As Much as a Charter Bus!
There are a lot of details involved with any type of group outing, but none more important than your choice of transportation. A charter bus offers more benefits than any other type of travel:
- Reliability—Cancellations and delays are relatively common with other forms of transportation. In fact, about 40% of air travelers arrive late somewhere every day! That doesn't happen with a charter bus. Your driver has the tools and technology to anticipate traffic issues and map out alternate routes to your destination. In addition, because of our relationships with charter bus vendors across the country, we can typically find a replacement coach without much difficulty.
- Safety and security—Because of the skills and extensive training of the drivers, charter bus travel has one of the lowest accident rates of any mode of travel. It's also easy to monitor access to your bus, as there's only one way on and off the coach. You and your personal belongings will always be safe and secure.
- Flexibility—You'll have maximum control of everything, deciding when you leave, when and where you stop, how long you stay, and when you return. Want to spend an extra day in Maryland? Chances are pretty good we'll be able to accommodate that type of request. In fact, we can often book an entire outing with little advance notice.
- Hassle-free travel—You won't have to consult the GPS, check the clock, look in the rearview mirror or try to find a place to park. Your driver will handle all those details, so that you can relax with friends and family. There's no TSA security checkpoint, so you won't need to stand in line, take off your shoes, empty your pockets or throw away your shampoo. You'll ride on the same bus throughout your trip, taking your bags with you, so you won't have to worry about missed connections or lost luggage. There's no such thing as "bus mode" for your phone, either. Stay connected at all times.
- Comfort—You'll have wide, high-back bucket seats with plenty of leg room. There's no middle seat, either! The aisles are roomy, and you can get up and walk around at any time.
- Multiple uses—Your bus is more than just a way to get you there and back. Many groups use the coach for on-the-road meetings, prepping employees for a seminar, motivating a team before a big game, or warming the choir on the way to a performance. The bus can also be a quite place for a little down time in the middle of a busy trip to Maryland.
- Affordability—Because you share many of the costs of travel, a charter bus is consistently one of the most cost-effective forms of group travel.
- Access to the high occupancy vehicle lane—The HOV lane can help you avoid a lot of traffic problems.
- Travel green!—With a charter bus, you can help the environment by taking a number of private vehicles off the roads, lowering emissions.
At US Coachways, we bring more than 30 years of experience to groups and group leaders, helping you find effective ground transportation solutions. Go to our user-friend online Cost Calculator for a free estimate on the cost of a charter bus trip to Maryland. To learn more about the full range of services we offer, or to get answers to your questions about charter bus travel, call 1-855-287-2427 to speak with a travel consultant.
Have a Memorable Time in Maryland
Maryland offers attractions that will appeal to wide variety of interests:
- History buffs—The state got its nickname—the Old Line State—from General George Washington, who used it to describe the Maryland soldiers who fought in the American Revolutionary War. Visit Annapolis, once the capitol of the United States and now home to the U.S. Naval Academy. Take a tour of Fort McHenry, the brick fortress whose flag inspired Francis Scott Key to write the national anthem. Walk the rolling hills, forests and fields of Antietam, sit of the bloodiest one-day conflict ever on American soil. Get a taste of life in colonial Maryland at St. Mary's City, founded in 1634 and still preserved much as it was 300 years ago.
- Patrons of the arts and entertainment—The Baltimore Museum of Art houses more than 90,000 pieces, including the world's largest Matisse collection. Live theatre abounds in Maryland, from the Cumberland Theatre to the Chesapeake Shakespeare Company to the Port Tobacco Players in La Plata. Music lovers will have endless options, including the world-class Maryland Symphony Orchestra, bluegrass at Delfest, and summer evening pops at Penn Alps. Visit Maryland for the Stoop Storytelling Series, stop by the Annmarie Sculpture Gardens in Solomon, see live glass-blowing at DC Glassworks in Hyattsville or walk the downtown Frederick Public Art Trail.
- Foodies and craft beer lovers—Of course, you have to get a big plate of steamed blue crab with a healthy dose of Old Bay's seasoning. In fact, Marylanders have many ways of enjoying their signature seafood—crab cakes, crab chips, crab soup, and even crab pizza! Speaking of pizza, don't leave Maryland without trying Ledo's, a statewide pizza legend. Other iconic foods of Maryland include pit beef (grilled to crispy on the outside, but rare in the middle), Berger's cookies (fudge-covered cookies that will leave you salivating copiously), and Smith Island Cake, the official state dessert. There's a burgeoning craft beer scene throughout the state—one of the state's many microbreweries offers an ale spiced with—what else—Old Bay's! For the Maryland tradition, though, you'll need to hoist a pint of Natty Boh, brewed in Baltimore since 1885.
- Outdoor enthusiasts—Nestled in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains, Maryland offers white-water rafting, canoeing, hiking, backpacking and mountain climbing. There's also a mind-boggling 7,719 miles of shoreline along the Atlantic, with sandy beaches, surf, deep-sea fishing and other forms of entertainment.
Let Us Help You Find the Right Coach for Your Trip
Once you've made the smart decision to travel to Maryland on a charter bus, your next step is to ensure that you have the ideal coach for your group and your trip. At US Coachways, we'll listen carefully to learn the details of your outing—how many travelers you'll have, how long you'll be on the road, what you'll want to bring or take home, and any other special needs. We'll consult with our extensive network of vendors nationwide to find the bus that best-suited to your needs.
If you've visiting Maryland with a small or medium-sized group, book a mini-bus. They come in a number of sizes, seating anywhere from 24 to 35 comfortably, with plenty of room for luggage and other items. For a larger group, you'll want the full-sized bus, with an on-board bathroom and accommodations for up to 57 passengers. You can always book more than one bus, and ADA-accessible coaches are typically an option.
Most charter buses (other than some of the school buses) have high-back bucket seats, climate control and a great sound system as standard features. You can usually get Wifi, electrical outlets, DVD players and monitors, public address systems, leather seats and hardwood floors for an extra fee. The amenities vary from bus to bus, so check with your booking agent for availability.
What You'll Get with a US Coachways Charter Bus Rental
At US Coachways, we work hard to provide the highest levels of client attention and satisfaction in the business. When you rent a coach from us for your trip to Maryland, you'll appreciate:
- The comprehensive dispatch services we'll make available throughout your trip, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Having your own dedicated service team, with a single point of contact, ready and able to respond to your needs and concerns at any time.
- The use of the US Coachways online Trip Management Portal, where you can view invoices, itineraries and other information from all your US Coachways bookings in a single location.
- Unmatched purchasing power—We book, on average, more than $55 million in annual charter bus rentals. We have the vendor loyalty and the local market knowledge to secure highly competitive pricing for our clients.
- The flexibility we offer—With access to a vast network of charter bus service providers across the country, we can typically accommodate last-minute or real-time changes to your travel plans. In many instances, we can book an entire trip with relatively short notice.
We are also approved by the General Services Administration (GSA) to provide charter bus rentals to the United States government and its agencies, including the armed forces.
A Charter Bus—The Ideal Option for Any Outing to Maryland
With a charter bus, you'll have unmatched dependability and flexibility, comfort that can't be beat, safety and security, more travel for you money and less hassle. That makes it a great choice for any type of travel:
- Family affairs—Reunions, weddings, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners, birthdays, anniversaries, graduation parties, bar and bat mitzvahs, and retirement celebrations.
- Business and corporate excursions—Conventions, conferences, training, workshops, seminars, sales and business meetings, golf outings, team-building exercises, company picnics and holiday parties.
- Senior citizen travel—A charter bus offers a lifeline to many retirees and elder Americans, providing transportation for a shopping trip, a visit to a museum or historical attraction, an outing to a concert or play, a casino adventure, or a ride through the changing colors of a Maryland fall day.
- Church outreach—Local volunteer work, choir tours, youth and adult fellowship events, retreats and church camp travel, mission trips, faith-based conferences and conventions.
- School trips—Athletic competition (for fans or players), band and orchestra festivals, graduation and prom after-parties, student volunteer projects, club and class outings, cultural offerings, fraternity and sorority excursions.
- Special occasions—Bowl and championship games, college and professional sports, auto races, food and cultural festivals, touring theatrical productions, public rallies, and stadium, pavilion or arena concerts.
Make Your Maryland Charter Bus Rental Reservation Today!
At US Coachways, we have set the standard in the charter bus industry for more than three decades, providing effective ground transportation solutions to groups and group leaders nationwide. To get a free quote on the cost of a charter bus rental to Maryland, go to our easy-to-use online Cost Calculator. To learn more about the wide range of services we offer or to ask any questions about charter bus travel, call 1-855-287-2427 and ask for an experienced travel consultant.