Group Traveling Made Easy, Comfortable, Affordable and Convenient in Malden
Come Discover Parks, Events, Festivals, Art Centers and Historical Landmarks
Many are surprised that Malden, MA, was home to some of the country’s best talents which includes Jack Albertson (actor), Johnny A (musician), Edna May Oliver (actress), The Ames Brothers (performers), Gary Cherone (singer-songwriter), Erle Stanley Gardner (author) and Breno Giacomini (National Football League player). After all, Malden was nothing more than just a hilly woodland area located slightly off the north of Mystic River.
The first settlers of Malden were Puritans who discovered and bought the land in 1629 from the Pennacook Tribe. It was incorporated as a town in 1649 and was named after another city in England, Maldon. The city was designed in squares - Malden Square, Converse Square, Judson Square, Oak Grove Square, Bellrock Square, etc. Its strategic design makes it easy to travel and tour the city.
There is much to do and see in many parts of Massachusetts’s Malden and it includes Ryan Family Amusement for family fun, Sky Zone in Everett for a jumping session, LEGOland for young kids’ creative outing, Town Line Luxury Lanes for a unique bowling experience and hiking up Waitts Mountain for an unprecedented view of downtown Malden.
If you are planning an outing, group tour, corporate event, business meeting, wedding reception, prom night, bachelorette or bachelor party, birthday bash or vacation with friends, be sure to give US Coachways a call to find out how we can connect you with the right vehicle in the form of a charter bus, coach charter, mini bus, school bus, party bus, double-decker, limousine, or other luxurious and affordable ground transportation.
Many Unique Malden Gems Suitable of All Ages and Preferences
Boasting of some of the most special entertainment outlets, parks, hilly hiking terrains, museums and a vibrant shopping district, we are sure everyone can find something fun to do during your trip to Malden. To make things a little easier for travelers, go ahead and check out some of Malden’s most interesting points of interest below.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Ryan Family Amusement is located on Charles Street in downtown Malden. It specializes in providing families with a neat place for bowling....but that is not where it ends. Bring the rented charter bus and experience a unique Extreme Bowling session, or spend some time with the young kids in your group in the family arcade room or hang out with your friends while enjoying finger foods, wine, beer and appetizers. This attraction makes for a fantastic place for birthday parties. Worry not if you are not into bowling, you can simply visit when a bowling league meets for a friendly match up. Located slightly more than 30 minutes away from downtown Malden is Sky Zone in Everett, MA. Touting itself as the world’s first indoor trampoline park, their programs are focused on bringing a fun fitness concept to local communities. Visitors can also get in touch with the coordinators of this attraction and organize a birthday party. The trampolines are suitable for people of all ages. You can also have a corporate event at the spacious venue because they stand by the concept of letting go, having fun and probably having unprecedented fun of actually ‘taking down’ your boss, outside the office. If you have really young kids with you and they are itching for something creative to do, get the charter bus driver to drive 20 minutes into Somerville’s LEGOland. LEGOland, as we all know, features some of the best creative attractions in the neighborhood and they include LEGO Factory Tour, 4D Cinema, Kingdom Laser Ride Miniland, LEGO Racers, Merlin's Apprentice Ride, LEGO City Play Zone and much more.
- Art & Cultural — Looking for a creative outlet for your kids during your visit? Organize a kid-friendly event at Follow Your Art, a local community art studio providing basic art and media classes via open-ended sessions. It helps participants explore their own artistic style in a non-judgmental environment, increasing self-awareness, self-expression and expansion of creative style. It can accommodate individual and group sessions, art therapy services and supervision for workshops.
- Restaurant & Shopping — There are plenty of options when it comes to shopping and dining in downtown Malden. Head over to Jack's Ristorante which is a favorite Italian diner where you can find authentic Italian dishes made for all types of palates. Sun Kong Restaurant is a Chinese restaurant offering locals dim sum, exotic fanfare and cocktail lounge. All Seasons Table on Pleasant Street offers a delightful number of Pan-Asian cuisine from a world-traveled chef. For some shopping, the locals would recommend checking out Sparks Department Store, Rainbow Shop on Broadway Malden or have a shopping spree at Super Stop and Shop on Charles Street which was the winner of 2014’s Retailer of the Year Award presented by Progressive Grocer.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Town Line Luxury Lanes at 665 Broadway is more than your average bowling alley. It offers many other activities like pool, arcade, entertainment center, cafe, shops and more. It has everything you need as an event venue for parties, birthday dinners, anniversaries, bachelor or bachelorette parties, corporate functions and informal business meetings. It is connected to Mixx 360 Degrees Nightlife, a full bar and nightspot. Krav Maga Boston is a sports and martial arts training center. It provides amenities and facilities for basic self defence. What visitors will soon realize is that the sports center is run by people who are very inclusive; the training, regardless of how short it is, will benefit everyone in the long run. It organizes unique seminars of specific sports like house invasion, kick-boxing, women boxing, kids classes, etc.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Waitts Mountain,a submit in Malden, is both a historical site and a park. It was home to Fresh Air Camp during World War I and it was a place to store gun batteries during World War II. It provided soldiers and people who wanted to observe the Battle of Bunker Hill a place to catch the action. Its strategic and central location means that hikers, walker and joggers will get an amazing view of downtown city center at its peak. Another historical landmark in the city is its Converse Memorial Building, also known as Converse Memorial Library. It is a public library designed by a well-known local designer and architect, H.H. Richardson. To find this historical landmark, get the charter bus driver to bring your group of travelers to 36, Salem Street in downtown Malden. There were two new structures added to the building along Park Street and a flat-roofed rectangular stack area. If you are a history lover, be sure to also make a short trip to check out the city’s Congregation Beth Israel or House of Israel. It is a synagogue on Dexter Street which was founded by Jewish Immigrants from Lithuania in 1904. It actively serves more than a hundred local families and conducts regular services till this very day.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Conveniently located a short drive away from the main downtown area, the Middlesex Fells Reservation provides a scenic respite from your busy tour around the city of Malden. Any time is a good time to hit the hiking trails but a visit during fall and spring is the best. The clearly-marked and well-maintained pathways provides visitors with hours of fun out in nature. The trails are challenging but not too difficult, even for children. Within the 2,75 acres of natural terrain, city dwellers will organize group trips for recreational activities like hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, climbing, cross-country skiing and photography opportunities. Once upon a time, this much-loved attraction was a place to find timber, granite, rubber and ice. Manufacturers would also find water power for their mills. Don’t forget to visit its Visitor Center, which was once called The Botume House. Botume House is at 4, Woodland Road in Stoneham. Pine Banks Park is located along Main Street in downtown Malden. It provides locals with a wide variety of recreational amenities like running and hiking trails, and 9 different sports fields for baseball, softball, hockey and soccer. It is perfect for church outings, school field trips, family gatherings and social activities.
Book Your Charter Bus with US Coachways - Affordable Bus Rental Package for Everyone
Be it a small birthday bash in a local venue or an extensive tour around New England, US Coachways is confident about being able to tap into our wide network of charter bus owners, operators, dispatchers and drivers for that perfect vehicle for your event. Give us a call at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER to find out how or send us an online quote request via our Contact Us form. We hope to hear from you soon.