Discover Medford’s Charming Attractions during your Visit to the City in a Charter Bus
Lots to Offer - Museums, Malls, Outdoor Reservation Centers and Parks for Everyone
Medford is a small city located within Massachusetts’ Middlesex County. Mystic River snakes itself around the city which is merely 5 miles from downtown boston. It is also the place where the first bridge was built across Mystic River; today, it is called Cradock Bridge which connects Main Street to Medford Square. Medford consists of various unique and attractive neighborhoods like West Medford, Fulton Heights, Wellington, South Medford, Medford Hillside, Central, Tufts University and Lawrence Estates.
Medford is located a short drive away from most important Massachusetts cities and communities; hence, important landmarks like Center of Arts at The Armory (The Armory), Royall House, Middlesex Fells Reservation, Fellsmere Park and Stone Zoo are easily accessible.
There are plenty of outdoor parks, shopping malls, quaint retail outlets, entertainment venues and kid-friendly attractions to check out during your trip to Medford, Massachusetts. Being centrally-located, it makes perfect sense to have your event, corporate function, business meeting, wedding reception, promotional tour, group vacation, family weekend getaway in Medford. And if you are an event planner looking for a charter bus company that you can trust and work with, give US Coachways a call right now to find out how we can work together in the near future.
Useful Ideas, Suggestions and Recommendations for Attractions to Check Out
Our travel writers are familiar with the city Medford and can offer some useful hints and advice as to which points of interest to check out during your visit to this Massachusetts city. Here, you will find some ideas that will save your time, money and effort.
- Art & Cultural — Center for Arts at the Armory can be found along Highland Avenue in Somerville, a short drive away from Medford. It is a fun place to have an event and it, interestingly, doubles up as a shopping destination at the same time. It has a market right outside its building and stage. Considered one of the city’s best spot for events, LIVE entertainment and shows, The Armory was built by George A. Moore in 1903, the purpose was to house the Somerville Light Infantry of the Massachusetts Volunteer Militia. The venue is small but extremely unique, some saying that it resembled the inside of a barn. Bring your group over to catch the latest show to hit town. About 10 minutes drive away in Arlington is 13 Forest Gallery, a charming gallery to a collection of local artwork. Find unique art items for sale, promotional pieces and also gifts suitable for young kids and teenagers in this quaint gallery. They offer a wide range of products like paintings, drawings, photographs, ceramics, jewelries, glassworks, sculptures, apparels and gift certificates.
- Restaurant & Shopping — For shopping, there is plenty to buy at places like Kohl’s Department Store, Meadow Glen Mall and Marshalls, all on Mystic Valley Parkway. Take your pick among the shopping centers’ many retail outlets, specialty stores, restaurants and cafes to hang around or shop in. Visitors can also get their fill of shoes at Off Broadway, find antiques at Aggie’s Attic on Salem Street and a lot of discounted items at bargain value at Ocean State Job Lot.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Whether you are a history lover or just someone who easily appreciates architecture, the Isaac Royall House has something to teach you about the country’s history, especially slavery. Bring the rented charter bus to 15, George Street in downtown Medford to learn about this National Historic Landmark which is a non-profit museum. It runs different types of tours which includes special group tours and school tours around the mansion, slave house, summer house and other different parts of the building, including its gardens. Despite going through some minor changes to both its interior and exterior, the Royall House is credited for having excellent preservation efforts done to it.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Do you have kids with you during your trip to Medford? Here are some fun parks and outdoor recreational activities you can do with your kids when they are bored of touring around in the charter bus. Take them to Fellsmere Park in Madel, a few minutes drive away from downtown Medford, MA, and let them run around in the spacious park while the adults languidly enjoy views of the park’s peaceful pond or watch ducks swim around the pond. Another park that receives favorable thumbs up from users is Victory Park in St. Medford and of course, for a weekend outing, there is also Playstead Park located at 85, George P. Hassett Drive. These parks offer vast play areas for kids, picnic spots and a respite for adults. Located merely minutes drive away is Middlesex Fells Reservation, also simply known as The Fells, a Massachusetts State Park that offers more than 2,000 acres worth of natural conservation system and recreational space. Let your hair down and have a great time exploring the hundreds of miles of hiking trails, biking, cross-country skiing or even horseback riding. Looking to do some fishing during the trip? It can be done at Dark Hollow Pond. Other recommended activities are kayaking, canoeing, paddle boating, row boating, sailing, picnicking and rock climbing. For more kayaking spots, visitors recommend checking out Boating in Boston; it is also a fantastic place for hiking, fishing and canoeing.
- Zoos & Aquariums — Medford may not have its own zoo but Stone Zoo, which is in Stoneham, is less than 15 minutes drive away from downtown Medford. The zoo is a small but a family-friendly zoo that has been reinventing and improving itself ever since its inception more than two decades ago. The zoo offers special programs for families, youth and teens, have school programs and camps, gives behind-the-scene tours and have adult programs and classes. Kids can get active, be involve while learning more about animals like giraffes, black bears, seals, yaks, wolves, snow leopards, mountain lions, bald eagles, lynx, meerkats and many other unique species in this attraction.
Personalized Service, Great Prices, Modern Vehicles and Professional Help
When you choose to work with US Coachways as your ground transportation provider, you will be assigned a Sales Representatives and a dedicated Project Manager to help ensure that your event, wedding reception, corporate function, business meeting, promotional event, exhibition or party will be smooth sailing. To get started, speak to our customer service staff at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or get a cost estimate online by completing the request form on our Contact Us page.