MAINE CHARTER BUS RENTALS
Finding Your Feet at the Countless Intriguing Sites of Maine
Maine boasts of the pristine charm of Castine and Damariscotta, the warm, welcoming down-to-east Blue Hill Down East community with its 18th century shipbuilding history, the city of Cutler with its great views of Canada's Grand Manan Island, and Kennebunkport with its water-lined streets and the historic resort town of Bar Harbor. Maine is also a must for those who love nature because it is home to the loveliest of villages which includes the hidden landmarks in Camden, the pastoral landscapes of Rockport and the untouched magic of Stonington.
You don’t have to go that extra mile to enjoy hunting, fishing, biking, swimming or hiking because they are all within a short charter bus drive away. The Western Lakes, the Mountain Region, Moosehead Lake and the Kennebec and Moose River Valleys are fantastic destinations for a vacation for the entire family. There’s antique shopping and unique community events near Hallowell, and exciting whitewater rafting and naturally-explorable sites all around Aroostook County. Visiting Boothbay Harbor, with its islands and stunning lighthouses, is nothing short of breathtaking, especially when there are trips to historic boats and buildings all around town. While Deer Isle offers its fair share of beauty to tourists, especially when there are views from the water on the Schooner Surprise, there are surprising twists to your trip on land too. The 1800s Portland Observatory offers insightful looks at cruising and passing ships and if you feel like taking over the reigns yourself, book yourself in for a Summer Feet Cycling Day Tour. For bird-watching, nothing beats a trip to Casco Bay. Many of the cities are famous for their pristine beaches and historic downtown areas, with streets lined with classic New-England-style restaurants, shops, art galleries and eateries. It’s a safe bet that they will leave you wanting for more long before your trip is over!
Fall Head Over Heels in Love with the Unique Sights and Sounds of the Countless Maine Cities in a Charter Bus
What’s important about visiting Maine is that you are relaxed and always raring to go whenever you reach your intended destination, and US Coachways can help you do precisely that. Need a charter bus from Portland to Bangor? Or are you planning a field trip or having a wedding in Cape Elizabeth? Whether you’re here to paint the town red or connect with nature, US Coachways is your ground transportation company of choice.
Ready to plan your itinerary? Here are your options:
- Portland Charter Bus — Trips can be easily made for an educational tour around the Italian-style Victoria Mansion and Commercial Street where there is a whole host of stores, restaurants and bakeries for everyone to stop by. The historic DiMillo’s Old Port Marina, although historic by nature, is located right next to a major shopping area. The US Coachways charter bus can also be rented for a trip to Portland attractions like Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Company & Museum. No destination is too near or too far.
- Bangor Charter Bus — Bangor is a well-rounded city that has much to offer; there are iconic landmarks like the 37-foot tall Paul Bunyan Statue (it is made out of fiberglass over metal) along Main Street opposite the Bangor Civic Center, kid-friendly indoor party and play areas with bounce houses like The Maine Jump, and adult entertainment and live performances held at Hollywood Slots. For those who prefer to get down and dirty, take a tour around some of the most haunted places around Bangor and listen to chilling supernatural tales from the locals with Dawnland Tours.
- Augusta Charter Bus — With Augusta being a top destination for history lovers, there are trips to be made to sites like the Maine State Museum which houses over 500,000 artifacts from all around the country, and Old Fort Western which is a 1754 structure, the oldest surviving wooden fort in the United States. Once the kids are done with their tours around the Receiving Room, Gold Room and Columbus Hall at The Governor Hill Mansion, bring the charter bus to Children’s Discovery Museum where there are exhibits like Touch the Marine Life, Make Music, Climb a Treehouse and puppet shows.
The endless sites around historic and charming old-school villages and communities around Maine always takes the cake when it comes to relaxed-paced tours. A US Coachways charter bus is often used for day-trips or tours around cities like Bar Harbor, Saco, Kennebunkport, Biddeford and Waterville. Using a motorcoach to discover the many hidden qualities and enduring charms of each of the cities will prove to be the best decision you will make for your event in Maine.
Pace Yourself for the Time of your Life in the ‘Vacationland’ of the United States
What’s truly important is to ensure that you get to do everything that you wish to do during your trip - be it a relaxing and stress-free vacation in Old Orchard Beach Pier or a fun nature-driven adventure in Greater Portland or Casco Bay. Maine is a unique New England state that offers much to people of all ages, regardless of their preferences and inclinations and you can find out more about them below!
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — While the outdoor play structures and thrilling rides provided by Aquaboggan Water Park in Saco tops the list of fun things to do with the family, the excitement doesn’t end there! There is an indoor train ride and a mini ferris wheel at Joker’s Family Fun & Games in downtown Portland, professional go-karting amenities at Maine Indoor Karting in Scarborough, a zip-lining course which provides barrels of fun at Monkey C Monkey Do, and if you are looking for a place for a birthday party, X marks the spot at Slot Car Junction.
- Arts & Cultural — You’ll enjoy the nice balance of lively entertainment by the professionals and community art events organized by the locals. The concerts and theatrical productions at Waterville Opera House elicits both laughter and tears, while the shows at Mad Horse Theater in South Portland have won Tony Awards and Pulitzer prizes. You can only fall in love even more with Shakespeare plays when you watch them at MainStage Shakespeare in Kennebunk. There are also art galleries and performance space at Common Street Arts, a diverse collection of inspiring art pieces from the locals at Pemaquid Art Gallery, and educational exhibits related to a local lighthouse and its nautical memorabilia at Boothbay Region Historical Society Museum.
- Restaurants & Shopping — It’s easy to go bananas over some of the the state’s top cuisines where you can hop from one food truck of Maine to another, discover a world of beautifully-restored antiques and collectibles, or bring your friends to sample the freshest of Maine lobsters. And when it comes to shopping and dining, you can have your cake and eat it too. Bring the charter bus to Maine Mall where there are more than 140 stores, explore Market Street which also serves as the home to Fore Street Gallery, or if you are looking for unique souvenirs, your best bet would be a trip to L.L. Bean Factory Store.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues— You could be showing off your best putting skills at the challenging and pretty-as-a-picture course of Samoset Resort Golf Course, or try something simpler at the 40-acre Porcupine Ridge Disc Golf in Augusta. You could also be hitting the nail on the head with a football training session, soccer game or ice skating programs at Wainwright Sports Complex in South Portland or Yarmouth Little League in Yarmouth. For something more stimulating, sign up for horseback riding lessons at Walnut Hill Equestrian Center in Cape Elizabeth!
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Rich history and vibrant communities...they are all larger than life at attractions like the 19th century Boothbay Railway Village where steam locomotive trains rides continues to be provided and Monhegan Museum which showcases the art, cultural, industrial and social maturity of its communities. Visitors can also shop to their heart's’ content at Old Port in downtown Portland, or take a fun educational tour around Victoria Mansion which was built by a New Orleans hotel builder, Gustave Herter. The artifacts at Biddeford Mills Museum and the International Cryptozoology Museum will take you back in time.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities— Outsizing countless states in the region, Maine proves to be the cream of the crop when it comes to outdoor attractions. With tens of thousand of visitors coming in from all around the country, Old Orchard Beach and Ferry State Park are musts for photography enthusiasts and nature lovers. The sites are also surrounded by trails, picnic spots, retail outlets and restaurants. After living high in the hog at some of Maine’s best luxury resorts, maybe it is time for a trip to Scarborough Marsh Nature Center which is the state’s largest salt marsh, the 680-acre Bangor City Forest which is home to local wildlife, or take the charter bus to the resplendent Sunken Garden in Wiscasset instead.
- Zoos & Aquariums— Tenji in Damariscotta may be considered the dark horse when it comes to zoos and animal attractions in Maine - a collaboration between engineers, artists, scientists and architects, it, today, exhibits a large number of aquatic habitats and systems throughout its site. Visitors will also be enthralled by the large number of birds and stunning hiking trails around Stanwood Homestead Museum & Bird Sanctuary in Ellsworth, the opportunities to get up-close-and-personal with animals like the wild wolves, enchanting white tigers, intriguing owls and soaring vultures at Acadia Zoo of Kisma Preserve in Trenton.
- Other Points of Interest— There are things that are daring, and there are things that are doozy - either way, you can’t go wrong with a trip to the Children’s Discovery Museum in Augusta or taking a scenic charter bus drive along Ocean Avenue in Kennebunkport. The trip takes visitors along the Atlantic Ocean and a stop along the way is a great photo-op. And if you’re up for something bolder, try hauling up lobster traps with Rugosa Lobster Tour instead!
The Perfect Way to Travel All Around Maine is with a US Coachways Charter Bus
Imagine never having to worry about getting from Point A to Point B in a timely manner. Imagine putting your feet up in a comfortable, spacious charter bus being chauffeured around with your family and friends. It is now all possible for just about anyonebecause of US Coachways’ affordable charter bus rental packages! Contact us right now to get your hands on a free quote online, via email or over the phone. With US Coachways, the perfect ride is never too far away.
What are the best cities to visit in Maine?