Coralville, IA Charter Bus Rentals
Having a Charter Bus is the Perfect Answer to your Ground Transportation Needs in Coralville, IA
Coralville is located near Edgewater Park site, an archeological site along Iowa River that dates nearly 4,000 years back. Evidence was found that it is the oldest site in the state of Iowa. Fossils were found during the mid 1850s prompting national interest of lecturers, archaeologists and zoologists. For instance, after the finding of Devonian period fossils in the limestone along Iowa River, Louis Agassiz from Harvard University called it ‘The Coral Reefs of Iowa City’ and after even more fossils were found in 1866, the residents settled on calling the city Coralville. As mills were built around the city, Mormon immigrants found their way to Coralville by rail as it was the final stop at the time. They first built handcarts to help move up to 700 pounds of loads on their way to Salt Lake City and you can learn all about the story at the Mormon Handcart Park and Nature Preserve. After World War II, the construction of Interstate 80 during the 1960s prompted the introduction of modern amenities like motels, gas stations, restaurants, shopping destinations and that, in turn, attracted more residents and students from all around the region. Today, Coralville boasts of one of the most beautiful churches in Iowa, First Methodist Church (which was designed by Thomas Patrick Reilly), Coral Ridge Mall, and Iowa Firefighter’s Memorial located just off of I-80.
One would have no problem trying to find fun attractions to visit when in Coralville - there are educational attractions like Iowa Children’s Museum for field trips, beautiful Hancher Auditorium for LIVE entertainment and events, Blue Moose Tap House where you can celebrate a birthday, bachelor or bachelorette party and Mendoza Wine Bar for a party bus night-out with family and friends. For those who enjoy sporting events, do not forget to visit Niles Kinnick Stadium or bring the kids out to Gym-Nest for their fitness classes. For history and nature, you will fall in love with sites like Devonian Fossil Gorge and Indian Creek Nature Center. People can learn about fossils as well as the local ecosystem and how to do their parts for the environment when the trip is over. To make your trips to the said sites safer and more comfortable, we recommend renting a charter bus, coach, van, corporate car, party bus, mini bus or school bus from companies like US Coachways. Our friendly customer service representatives are available around the clock to help you locate and secure the perfectly priced and right size charter bus for events like weddings, corporate functions, church outings, sports trips and social gatherings. You are merely a phone call and email away from a bus rental quote so, get in touch with us right away!
Don’t Miss your Chance to Visit the Following Sites in Coralville, IA
There are so many fun things to do, historic points of interest and wonderful indoor recreational centers to check out when visiting Coralville, IA! Whether it’s delicious traditional food, beautiful shorelines or unforgettable sunsets, you’ll get your chance to visit the following sites in and around this charming city in Iowa.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — When it comes to carnival games, rock climbing, laser tag and bumper car rides, there’s no beating the facilities offered by Planet X Family Fun Center. After all the fun activities, we are sure patrons will be game for some gourmet ice cream and yummy pizza. Young children, however, will enjoy a trip to Iowa Children’s Museum instead. In fact, it is the perfect place for birthday parties, arts and crafts and educational field trips. You can also opt for a bowling party at an attraction like Colonial Bowling Lanes or there is an arcade game, dart section and a full bar to enjoy. For the latest movies, you can bring your friends and family to Coral Ridge 10 Theaters Movie Line or head out to University of Iowa where there’s Bijou Cinema. They offer late-night forums to engage students and community members and there is affordable foreign film showings too.
- Art & Culture — Featuring a nice array of art exhibits, University of Iowa Museum of Art is a popular place to hold lectures, cultural events and social gatherings alike; while there are permanent exhibits, some touring exhibits makes each visit a refreshing one for returning visitors. Also located within the compounds of University of Iowa is Hancher Auditorium; every year, the venue is used by internationally-renowned and local artists for theatrical performances, dances, release of films as well as stand-up comedy shows. You can also make your way to The Englert Theater which is a very versatile performance venue and art exhibition center, Blue Moose Tap House which is a two-storey attraction featuring LIVE music and bar, or check out professional actors at work, community poetry readings and acting workshops offered by Riverside Theater Company.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Whether you are looking for a place to sample delicious International cuisine or are looking for a place to enjoy some local ales, you are sure to find them in downtown Coralville. There’s Vietnamese and Chinese cuisine like soupy dishes offered by Pho Zaika, authentic French cuisine like CremeBrulee at Chez Grace, traditional American, Greek and Mediterranean fanfare like beef wellington bites with soft butter to sample at the simply-named Vesta, and fiery Mexican meal at Casa Azul. After all of that, a celebration could be the next best thing. Rent a charter bus for a trip to the renowned Mendoza Wine Bar which has more than 100 different wines from all over the world and sometimes, there are LIVE performances to keep visitors entertained throughout their visit.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — For those who love golfing, be sure to check out Finkbine Golf Course located on the University of Iowa campus; the 18-hole golf course plays hosts of championship events and is challenging even for professional golfers. The university’s football team, the Hawkeyes, plays regularly on their home field Niles Kinnick Stadium at the university’s stadium which is one of the 25 largest of its kind in the country. You can also bring your friends out for disc golfing activities at Turkey Creek Disc Golf Course, or let the kids loose at the foam pits and trampolines maintained by Iowa Gym-Nest in downtown Coralville. The attraction’s well-maintained facilities measures up to 23,000 square foot.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — One of the most unique historic sites in Coralville is the specialty museum of Antique Car Museum of Iowa. The museum spans more than 28,000 square feet in total and houses more than 100 vehicles in its permanent exhibit and if you have an event to hold in town, there’s a banquet hall available for social events and parties. Johnson County Historical Society, in the meantime, dates as far back as 1967 and its focus has always been to preserve the history of the region through more than 10,000 historic artifacts displayed. People will also get to learn more about education and what life was like in the late 19th century at 1876 Coralville Schoolhouse, learn more about the life of pioneers who have made their way to Coralville at Mormon Handcart Site in Iowa City, or make your way to Museum of Natural History which is located on site at University of Iowa. Some of its most popular exhibits are fossils, skeletons and artifacts related to the region’s ecological system.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — When the weather is right, you might want to consider a trip to S.T. Morrison Park for some fishing, swimming or volleyball with your friends. There’s also amenities for baseball, softball and playgrounds for youth and young children at Creekside Ballpark and hiking, biking trails and a space for the studying of nature at Hickory Hill Park. Devonian Fossil Gorge is one of the most fascinating sites in the region as it is packed with never-before-seen fossils from the Devonian period. Before it was discovered, the area was submerged under deep water and was home to some fascinating deep sea creatures. The discovery has prompted research and studies by scientists and nature lovers alike. People will also get to learn about local ecosystem and the environment at Indian Creek Nature Center and a large space for hiking, picnics and other outdoor activities along the shores of Cedar River.
Friendly Customer Service, Quality Charter Bus and Affordable Bus Rental Package from US Coachways
US Coachways prides ourselves in having the experience and a large variety of vehicles that range from executive buses that can seat up to 12 people to mini buses designed for up to 28 passengers for just about any trip around Coralville, IA. The buses are often used for fun events like church outings, city-to-city travel, fundraising dinners and wedding receptions. Contact us today to find out more about the amenities that we have on board the vehicles and the rental packages that we have ready for you!